Traktor Chelyabinsk 2013/2014 season talk

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk

Traktor Chelyabinsk
RosterPlayer StatsTeam StatsFacebookVKTwitter

Head coach: Valeri Belousov
Captain: Konstantin Panov (Dmitri Ryabykin, Evgeni Kuznetsov)

Next match
Lugano
sti5.png
- : -
4j6z.png
Traktor

Training camp in Bellinzona, Switzerland. August 7
No live coverage announced​

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
@MichaelGarnett 9m

Bomb threat at Traktor Arena. Tractor practice cancelled halfway through practice. Players evacuated off the ice in our gear. #khl

meteorit and now bomb?

ult

Sep 21, 2009
More likely it's an anonymous call or just a drill. Doesn't look serious to me.

BQBFV-KCMAA7BJQ.jpg

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk
Garnett interviews Klimontov in Russian

His own interview:

Where was your summer vacation? What stuck in your memory?
After the World Championships I called my friend and we went to the Philippines where we visited Manila and the Boracay island. I can say we had an excellent time there. After the Philippines I flew to Dallas to meet my brother and four friends at a country music festival. And it was great again. Imagine 10 thousand people walking in the open air, having fun and listening to their favorite music. It was wonderful!

When did you start preparing to the season?
I start cycling and running cross-country two weeks before the pre-season every year to lose weight and get good shape, so now I'm ready to training camps.

The Chelyabinsk region Governor Mikhail Yurevich set the aim for Traktor to win everything that can be won. What are your own aims?
I never set global aims. My one is to win every match. If my team gets into the playoffs, I must show my best with the team.

And how about beating your own Gagarin Cup record or taking part in All-Star?
OK, there should be some aims, but if I win every game, I'll get everything of it. The only thing I must do is to help my team to win.

Traktor stars a brand new Traktor-TV project this year. How do you find it and would you like to take part in our experiments?
It's a great idea. There is TV, the writing press. Of course you can read something, but it's rather more interesting to watch it. For my part, I'll do my best in taking part in the project.

Michael, how do you think of the KHL expansion and the two newcomers of this season?
I think it's great. People in these cities must love hockey and will be glad to watch the best European clubs on their ice. It's a step forward for the League itself, but we'll see how these two teams will do in the KHL. For players it's an opportunity to visit cities where they've never been.

How did you react to the news about Ilya Kovalchuk returning to Russia?
I understand him and think it's player's own business where to play. If the team of my native town played in such a league, I would be glad to play in this club.

Some leading players left the team. How can you comment on their departure?
As for Valery [Nichushkin], it was obvious that he was dreaming about the NHL. I was sure already at the mid season that he would leave us. Our managers were right in selling the rights and getting a kind of compensation for his departure. He's a talented and conversable guy, so he should be very successful. As for Deron [Quint], I'm sad that he won't play for Traktor anymore. He's been my best friend, but it's hockey, and it can be quite unpredictable sometimes. I'll miss him here in Chelyabinsk, as well as other guys.

Last edited:

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Yeah, some stupid 14 year old got his parents in trouble. Well, all's well that ends well.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
It will be interesting to see how Lauris Dārziņš fares with Traktor after two not so good seasons with Ak Bars. I really wanted to see him in Dinamo Rīga jersey,but oh well.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Garnett interviews Klimontov in Russian

His own interview:

Where was your summer vacation? What stuck in your memory?
After the World Championships I called my friend and we went to the Philippines where we visited Manila and the Boracay island. I can say we had an excellent time there. After the Philippines I flew to Dallas to meet my brother and four friends at a country music festival. And it was great again. Imagine 10 thousand people walking in the open air, having fun and listening to their favorite music. It was wonderful!

When did you start preparing to the season?
I start cycling and running cross-country two weeks before the pre-season every year to lose weight and get good shape, so now I'm ready to training camps.

The Chelyabinsk region Governor Mikhail Yurevich set the aim for Traktor to win everything that can be won. What are your own aims?
I never set global aims. My one is to win every match. If my team gets into the playoffs, I must show my best with the team.

And how about beating your own Gagarin Cup record or taking part in All-Star?
OK, there should be some aims, but if I win every game, I'll get everything of it. The only thing I must do is to help my team to win.

Traktor stars a brand new Traktor-TV project this year. How do you find it and would you like to take part in our experiments?
It's a great idea. There is TV, the writing press. Of course you can read something, but it's rather more interesting to watch it. For my part, I'll do my best in taking part in the project.

Michael, how do you think of the KHL expansion and the two newcomers of this season?
I think it's great. People in these cities must love hockey and will be glad to watch the best European clubs on their ice. It's a step forward for the League itself, but we'll see how these two teams will do in the KHL. For players it's an opportunity to visit cities where they've never been.

How did you react to the news about Ilya Kovalchuk returning to Russia?
I understand him and think it's player's own business where to play. If the team of my native town played in such a league, I would be glad to play in this club.

Some leading players left the team. How can you comment on their departure?
As for Valery [Nichushkin], it was obvious that he was dreaming about the NHL. I was sure already at the mid season that he would leave us. Our managers were right in selling the rights and getting a kind of compensation for his departure. He's a talented and conversable guy, so he should be very successful. As for Deron [Quint], I'm sad that he won't play for Traktor anymore. He's been my best friend, but it's hockey, and it can be quite unpredictable sometimes. I'll miss him here in Chelyabinsk, as well as other guys.

I'm very impressed, he now has a good comprehension of Russian, but I guess 6 years in Russia would do that. :)

ult

Sep 21, 2009
I'm very impressed, he now has a good comprehension of Russian, but I guess 6 years in Russia would do that. :)

Nah, not really. Some foreigners can't learn Russian at all, no matter how long they stay here. So props to Michael.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah, Michael is real pro, he has played in Russia, so he has learnt russian. At the same time, he does not say stupid statements of how everything is bad in Russia/KHL and how great it is in NA/NHL. Sad part of story is that russian born players (and journalists as well) say such statements.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Well, Michael Garnett is one of my favourite KHL players, maybe even my favourite KHL player, as he not only came to Russia to earn some money he wouldn't earn in AHL or so but he came to get to know the country and its people, to learn more about another culture and to learn a new language. For me he is the role model of a pro athlete outside of his native country.

Look at soccer players who are in a country for 10 years and can't even understand a normal conversation.

Oh and what I like most about Michael. He is a very humble, relaxed guy who is always good for a joke. Must be amazing to be his friend.

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk
Ticket policy for the upcoming season

Season tickets can be bought only by owners of the Traktor Club Card or a previous season ticket from August 19th to 28th.

Fans who doesn't have a Club Card can't buy a ticket for any home match. For Card owners four tickets per person are sold.

Prices:
Season tickets: 5500 to 20k roubles (~$165 to $605, ~€125 to €455)
One match tickets: 200 to 750 roubles (~$6 to $23, ~€4.5 to €17)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad