Training Camp Thread Part Two - Drozg didn't make the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Do people expect drozg will ever play for the pens?

Probably not simply based on career numbers to date but it's not out of the question and we'll have a better idea once he's played a proper AHL season. He's had an unconventional path and been on some bad teams so it's difficult to say how reliable a mark his numbers are anyway. All the talent evaluators I've seen agree the kid has got skill and some athleticism, just a matter of refining it and playing a pro style game.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
He is a RH shot and does have skills ala skating and a nice shot. But he needs to add some size/strength as he matures but you never know what he can become with S&C and playing in the AHL. The ex WB coach now with the Pens was favorable in his view of him. He is probably two years away from competing at the NHL level if he does in fact mature and his body adds size and strength.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Any opinions on whether niklas Almari will ever be an NHL dman? How has he looked in the AHL?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I thought our WBS watchers liked him?

iirc, he did better than expected. Take from that what you will.

Realistically, most of these guys will be lucky to get a few NHL games when it’s all said and done but they could carve out decent pro careers in Europe and/or the AHL.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Any opinions on whether niklas Almari will ever be an NHL dman? How has he looked in the AHL?

If he ever does make the NHL he'll be no more then a good to decent 7th D, he's a safe guy, who probably could play a few games and not look totally out of place just has a very limited ceiling.

Reactions: EXTRAS

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I remember there being a lot of excitement based on his first end of season PTO here. I don't know it translated based on this season, but I got the impression there was still hope for him. Not a lot of scout love. See how it goes I guess; dman with decent-ish size/skating isn't the worst bet to see some action.

I agree with Meaking Soistly that the majority of our AHLers will get a cup of coffee max.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I hate how every new player gets asked these dumb questions where the expected answer is to fluff up Pittsburgh, the organization, or one of our “stars”.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I hate how every new player gets asked these dumb questions where the expected answer is to fluff up Pittsburgh, the organization, or one of our “stars”.

Next interview.........How are you liking coming to Pittsburgh?

garbage-1525988260-1525988262.gif

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
We should all be members of his fan club after what he gave to the organization, as far as I'm concerned.

I sent my check in to the Horny Mans Society...

Ive gotten some strange correspondence but not much hockey content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad