GDT: Training Camp and Scrimmages

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Why is everyone so quick to bench Kobasew? He's a great 4th line guy and is also one of the few role players left who kills penalties. I don't mind having a few skill guys killing penalties, but you have to have role guys doing it too.

I think it was the first impression here when Sacco sold him as a guy with a bit of offense and then he bombed when used in that position (with Stastny if I recall correctly).

Kobasew played well when used in a proper role later last season.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Why is everyone so quick to bench Kobasew? He's a great 4th line guy and is also one of the few role players left who kills penalties. I don't mind having a few skill guys killing penalties, but you have to have role guys doing it too.

People hate him because he was badly missused like Freudian pointed out. The same can be said about Hunwick.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
McGinn in mid loaf pinch.

159536386.jpg

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP
Chuck Kobasew sick, won't travel. Looks like Bordeleau will make NHL debut vs #mnwild #Avalanche

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP
Chuck Kobasew sick, won't travel. Looks like Bordeleau will make NHL debut vs #mnwild #Avalanche

Great, so we will have 3 and 1/2 lines to roll out on Saturday. I really don't understand keeping Bordeleau up. I think Sacco has been listening too much to Don Cherry in the offseason.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I think to me Zanon's real value lies in his beard, the bigger the better. If he shaves it I start questioning his usefulness...

The power lies in his beard. He's a modern day Samson. :handclap:

I can see it now, we'll go on a losing streak and Sacco will start to blame his beard and put in place a new facial hair policy. :shakehead

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
FYI, never go on the Avs facebook page.

Duchene is a *********. Shows up when he feels like it, is about as selfish as a player gets. His personality is about the same as Patrick Kane's, it's just under the light much less. The reason why O'Reilly can receive near 5 mill a year is because he is a heart and soul player. He bleeds for the team and is a responsible 2 way player. He is not as naturally skilled as Duchene, but his straight forward style never hurts you. And this isn't to say he's not skilled period. Duchene will not finish his career in Colorado and the people who a actually believe this are lost. Favourite childhood team or not, his poor attitude and selfishness will make him as expendable someone like Evander Kane in Winnipeg. Selfishness does not garner reward. Get O'Reilly locked up, he and Gabriel are our future.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I wonder who is going to have the honors of making the GDT for the 1st game of the season?

It has to be like our traditional GDT's though which means the OP should have like one sentence and that is our GDT.

:laugh:

Somebody should open a PGT in the next couple days though.

We had people last season who were making a great job on GDT , sadly i dont reamember who they were , but they had pictures and stats and all those cool things.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
We had people last season who were making a great job on GDT , sadly i dont reamember who they were , but they had pictures and stats and all those cool things.

Tpederson made some pretty good ones

member 116861

It was tpedersen21. I made a couple earlier in the year but his were better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad