Training Camp 2021

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I hope Trenin, Pitlick, and Jeannot is a thing. I know the line with Olivier or Sissons was a big time grinder of a line, but I think that could still work well while bringing more speed.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Any predictions for a random or unexpected guy who will make opening roster?
Pitlick would be the most random/unexpected for me, and he's really not a complete longshot or at all random, really. Past him, I just can't see it unless we have like 5 guys with pulled groins at the start of the year. :dunno:

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I've never understood the Pitlick hype. Am I missing something?

Vaguely similar numbers and trajectory to some other successful middle 6 guys like a Craig Smith. I don't know that he warrants too much hype, but he's had a steady growth/development curve that could turn him into a nice middle 6, 20 goal scorer. He's a good piece to have in the mix. Smart player, quick, high motor type guy who can be a finisher around the net.

Reactions: Viqsi

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I've never understood the Pitlick hype. Am I missing something?
There is Pitlick hype? He just seems to me like a guy who has been projected as a bit of a tweener, and now at 24 has reached that stage of tweenerness that he might be good enough to get some NHL games. Before ultimately disappearing to Switzerland at 26. :dunno:

Reactions: Scoresberg

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
All of these response seem reasonable and line up with the way I think about Pitlick too. He's aging out so it's shit or get off the pot time but unfortunately in a season when youngsters made some significant impacts on a failing team Pitlick didn't show much. He seemed like a warm body you could put out there that wouldn't make mistakes but wouldn't do much else either.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
There is Pitlick hype? He just seems to me like a guy who has been projected as a bit of a tweener, and now at 24 has reached that stage of tweenerness that he might be good enough to get some NHL games. Before ultimately disappearing to Switzerland at 26. :dunno:
Not hype, per se, but people bring up his name often enough as if he's going to be something other than a 13th/14th forward at the NHL-level, when he hasn't really shown much (in his small sample size) to suggest otherwise.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

Here are the Pitlick threads I could come up with here...

#76 overall Rem Pitlick
News Article: - Predators Sign Pitlick
Confirmed with Link: - Rem Pitlick signed 1 year 2 way deal
Rem Pitlick

In those I would definitely say there isn't any hype, in fact you Porter, are the biggest supporter in those threads and it's still a very cautious support. I do think that in regular roster discussions, a lot of people have hopeful projections that he will become an NHL 3rd liner. So i'd call the "Hype" more of a "Hope", but it definitely hasn't been nothing, although it's fading fast and probably for good reason.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I went for a little while on Friday. My only observation is that Afanasyev and Meyers are big dudes. I didn't know they were that big.

Saw Johansen and Duchene each take a high sick.

Everyone seemed to be in pretty good spirits, upbeat.

Forsberg had a pretty sweet goal in the shootout.

Some players in each group:
A: Josi, Prokop (I didn't see much of this group and these are the only 2 I remember in this group)

B: Johansen, Duchene, Forsberg, Ekholm, Sissons, Saros, Afanasyev, Meyers.

C: Kunin, Tolvanen, Farrance, Carrier, Jeannot, Pitlick

Edit: Just went and looked at the schedule again and it looks like after the games Sunday there will be a cut down and everyone will be put into just 2 groups, so nevermind about who is in each group I guess, lol.

Last edited:

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Anyone go to camp today or any reports on the socials?
Very disappointing the lack of coverage

I remember in the Thrashers days we used to get in-depth coverage of Training Camp by the Thrashers staff. Nothing from the Preds- Clearly a superior franchise.

Adamn Vingan has been nowhere to be found

Same with OTF (which has slipped in quality in recent years).

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Great PK practice in the 1st period. Keeping FLA off the board with the nearly back to back penalties isn't a bad thing.

6 SOG ... umm .... about that. I didn't tune in until about midway through the period but there was no susustained offensive pressure from our guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad