Patriots/NFL 2020 - Football is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
After seeing how MLB is going with travel if I were an NFL player I would opt out. Those two leagues don't give one shit about their players during Covid-19, it is clear. Not that I am defending MLB players because they are pathetic as well... but NFL players now have the foresight of seeing how sports without a hub city is developing and can make the educated decision.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Are other teams getting hit this hard with opt outs? I feel like I'm only seeing big names from the Pats.

Not to sound like I'm complaining, I respect these guys decisions. It takes a lot of courage to potentially miss out on millions of dollars to do what it right for the health and safety of themselves and their families.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Are other teams getting hit this hard with opt outs? I feel like I'm only seeing big names from the Pats.

Not to sound like I'm complaining, I respect these guys decisions. It takes a lot of courage to potentially miss out on millions of dollars to do what it right for the health and safety of themselves and their families.

I don't think so, but with the deadline looming and players starting to opt out i think we'll see more...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Pats are an older team and are a very family first group especially the D corp.

I fully expect one if not both of the McCourty's and Matthew Slater to opt out.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We're going to go 5-11 because the entire defense wants to stay home. If it's going to be this much of a sham, you might as well not have a season at all.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
We're going to go 5-11 because the entire defense wants to stay home. If it's going to be this much of a sham, you might as well not have a season at all.

So you feel the players should risk themselves and their families lives for your enjoyment because it legitimatizes the season?

Reactions: Alicat

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Bill might have been prepared for this and has a plan. Brady leaving also ripped the heart and soul out of this team so these vets would rather be safe than risk it all for an 8-8 team

Reactions: DueDiligence

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Really the only player that truly hurts them opting out is Hightower. They were already super thin at LB, and losing the rock of the unit definitely sucks.

They are super deep at safety, and Cannon really hasn't been great for two years now. Bolden is a loss on special teams for sure.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
But why are many more Pats opting out? Probably because they got their rings and going 8-8 would be no fun with Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad