Training Camp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I think its just to fill the groups. The cuts were saying who really had a chance, but while we are doing group practices, might as well have two full groups

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Are any of the vets playing this preseason? I think this is the 1st time in a while that its been pretty much just purely rookies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Merkley hit in game against VGK.

Are any of the vets playing this preseason? I think this is the 1st time in a while that its been pretty much just purely rookies.

8+ vets/1st round picks have to play in preseason games (limited exceptions, like split squad).

Sharks are "ending" the preseason in Vegas, with mainly NHL-ready squad. Final cuts, and then they stay in town until Wednesday's season opener.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Merkley hit in game against VGK.

8+ vets/1st round picks have to play in preseason games (limited exceptions, like split squad).

Sharks are "ending" the preseason in Vegas, with mainly NHL-ready squad. Final cuts, and then they stay in town until Wednesday's season opener.

I and the official rules probably have a different definition of veteran when it comes to training camp preseason games.

If you are fighting for a roster spot, to me you don't count as a veteran.

The veterans tonight. Are dillon, meier, goodrow (lesser but i feel he is a lock), heed (lesser but he is a lock until he gets traded), dell (lesser but a lock until traded). The rest are players not guaranteed a roster spot even if they are technically veterans.

Beethovens 10th

du bist ein ungeduldiges Eichhörnchen!
Sep 27, 2017
Zentralfriedhof
Would have been very concerning if someone from Vegas went into the press box to beat him up...
vegas.png

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Just wondering, the sharks doing these send downs and then call ups the next day, could it have something to do with the cuda training camp and opening day rosters?

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Just wondering, the sharks doing these send downs and then call ups the next day, could it have something to do with the cuda training camp and opening day rosters?
I kinda think it was just to set up lockers...

jarr92

May 7, 2013

True sent down with all the kids called up yesterday.

Love the idea of having a big 4th line center, but True did not look like an NHL player.

He’s not athletic enough, doesn’t look skilled offensively, and doesn’t really hit. Disappointing.

fEyD08

Jan 13, 2018
That puts the forwards at 16 und the defense at 11. Two germans still around. Hasso has something to say:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad