GDT: Training camp 2018 (#teamgrit vs #teamgrind)

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If there's one thing on that Rask injury I'm looking for is that forcing Carolina to give Aho a real shot at C right away.
So far post draft Aho has shown he has the skill set for that role and if he succeeds he could solve Carolinas biggest issue and basically set the roster for contending years(ignoring net).

They could easily be too carefull with that and miss the opportunity to develop him at C.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
There was an interview last year with either Maniscalco or Tripp where they kept bugging Aho about the nickname, and I have never seen anyone more visibly frustrated with how their time being wasted.
There is no question that I'd get written up at least 2 or 3 times a year if I had to answer questions from either of those two in my workplace. I just don't understand what is so difficult about coming up with interview questions that players don't mind answering, that the audience isn't completely bored to hear the answers to.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
We are not off to a good start this season. Already have injuries and the pre-season hasn't even started yet.

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
There is no question that I'd get written up at least 2 or 3 times a year if I had to answer questions from either of those two in my workplace. I just don't understand what is so difficult about coming up with interview questions that players don't mind answering, that the audience isn't completely bored to hear the answers to.
I just don’t understand how impossible it apparently is to read the room. Like if Aho is clearly not into it, just stick to business and get out of there.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I just don't understand what is so difficult about coming up with interview questions that players don't mind answering, that the audience isn't completely bored to hear the answers to.

Tripp probably interviews the individual star players 30 times a year? More? Figure 3 questions an interview. And they do it for numerous seasons.

How many 100's of questions can you come up with before it starts being redundant/boring? And that doesn't even factor in that many of the players are purposefully giving the Bull Durham style responses.

A stupid nickname may not be the best interview topic, but it's not like this was Tripp's one chance to talk to Aho and ask his very best question. It was a weird interview, but there's another 500 opportunities right around the corner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad