GDT: Training camp 2018 (#teamgrit vs #teamgrind)

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Oh wow there is a real life (Preseason) game next week

Five goalies in camp - Darling, Mrazek, Nedeljkovic, Helvig, Booth.

Feels like any of them could be the starter on Day 1. Feels like any of them could also be the starter for the last game of the year. Hopefully they keep things open if/when they aren't working.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Oh wow there is a real life (Preseason) game next week

Five goalies in camp - Darling, Mrazek, Nedeljkovic, Helvig, Booth.

Feels like any of them could be the starter on Day 1. Feels like any of them could also be the starter for the last game of the year. Hopefully they keep things open if/when they aren't working.
I'd like to see each of Helvig, Ned, and booth get a game. If not a whole game some split time in games.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
So it says they start today with physicals and testing. Do they ever update the figures from these workouts? They show heights and weights on the training camp roster but I don't know when those numbers would have come from. I'm always interested in knowing what kind of weight the young guys put on over the summer coming into camp but it seems hard to find most of the time

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
First week of camp may be disrupted by a... hurricane: Hurricanes Adjust Start of Training Camp
Yo-Dawg-Heard-You.jpg

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Alex Lyon and Oscar Dansk, come on down, you're the next contestants on "who wants to be a Canes backup?"

seriously, if he continues to be shitty in the pre-season, and I have full confidence that he will, I'll be BEYOND livid if we don't "loan" Darling to an AHL or even ECHL team and claim someone to back up Mrazek.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Meanwhile...

I think we should probably wait for a bigger sample size of a single one hour practice before making any major roster decisions. Luke Henman hasn't even been cut yet, I think Scott Darling will probably get another practice.

Very much this. Like I said in another thread, I don't think they'll be afraid to fix the goaltending if/when one or both suck. But it's one day that I'm thinking none of us saw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->