Status
Not open for further replies.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Whats wrong with that?

Trocheck doesnt utilize his wingers well because he needs the puck so much

Huberdeau and Hoffman need to be able to get their share of puck possession and that is not happening with Trocheck.
Sounds right in theory but i dont think they're about to put them with anyone else. Do you put vince or huberhoff on the 3rd? Certainly not 4th or 1st. First is set solid to me. Especially to get the most out of Nicky

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Borg, Hunt, Greco, Juho, etc.. have shown absolutely nothing at an NHL, hell even NHL preseason level, to show that they are better options than guys like Vatrano, Mack, and Scevior. That's the bottom line, and if you disagree please point me to some evidence to prove me wrong otherwise. Don't send me a college highlight video, that's not the NHL level. Borg? Did he show anything in his stint last season that showed he was ready? The answer is no. He needs AHL seasoning.

People like to value young players, not because of what they've shown, but what they have the potential to show. We like to draw and paint imaginary pictures in our heads of things that MIGHT happen, but in reality don't happen most of the time. Not every young man under 23 is Barkov or Trocheck. Yes, I know its fun to fantasize and imaginize. But please don't try to sell those fantasies as facts and ridicule anybody who dares disagree with your perfect painting.

At the very least I’d take Greco and Lammikko over MacKenzie/Haley/Brouwer.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Whats wrong with that?

Trocheck doesnt utilize his wingers well because he needs the puck so much

Huberdeau and Hoffman need to be able to get their share of puck possession and that is not happening with Trocheck.

It wont be long till Hoffman on the top line. Malgin next to Trocheck and Bjugstad on the 3rd were he belongs

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
At the very least I’d take Greco and Lammikko over MacKenzie/Haley/Brouwer.

I would too. But Tallon feels we need MacK and Haley experience. Haley I think sticks because Boughner loves him

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
It wont be long till Hoffman on the top line. Malgin next to Trocheck and Bjugstad on the 3rd were he belongs
I dont think a 6'6 guy with finishing capabilities belongs on the 3rd line. Unless its for the better of chemistry of course.

Reactions: PSLguy

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Sounds right in theory but i dont think they're about to put them with anyone else. Do you put vince or huberhoff on the 3rd? Certainly not 4th or 1st. First is set solid to me. Especially to get the most out of Nicky

Being on the 2nd line vs the 3rd line wont be a big difference in ice time if you have good scoring lines.

Kessel did just fine being on the 3rd line for example.

Vatrano Trocheck Malgin
Huberdeau McCann Hoffman

Pretty sick middle 6 in my opinion.

Give you 3 capable lines.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Yeah, lets just keep them just for the sake of it. This is what we did in the past to ruin our prospects, play them when they werent ready.

Yes, we ruined so many players development with rushing them. Borg himself admits he's not ready for NHL yet.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Again - they are wingers.
Nobody's being punished. And funny you talk offensive impact when Lammikko had 28 points last year in 59 games in the AHL. That's about 16 expected points in the NHL over the course of a full season using the 0.44 "conversion factor" - which is far from a guarantee. Look at Hunt's point "success" last year. Hell, look at Mamin with his four points in 26 games.
So we can start with Mamin-Lammikko-Sceviour and toss them into the b2b hell. They'll finish a few games with -2 and -3 ratings until Lammikko and Mamin get sent down because we need to shake things up a bit and they're the most expendable. We won't see Lammiko for the rest of the year and we might not see Mamin until about February when he claws his way back up - and if we're especially "lucky", Mamin's replacement will be Haley. Enjoy the Haley-MacKenzie combo for the rest of the season!
Or you can start Mamin-MacKenzie-Sceviour. Let's say they suck just as much while Lammikko is looking great in the AHL - so we call him up! If he's even marginally better than MacKenzie, he gets to stay; if not it doesn't really matter who plays. I know which scenario I prefer.
But hey, it's obvious you didn't read my post past the first paragraph so why do I even bother.

Juho, Hunt, Mamin and Greco are all headed towards their prime, while Mac exited his long ago. Production from the young'ns is more likely to improve entering this season than Mac, who has declined sharply and will continue to do so. And pointing out their stats? No one was a star for Springfield last year. Does that mean they all get damned to eternal AHL hell forever? Does Kinnear not play a part? Don't let logic get in the way.

But, hey, let's handicap the 4th line for shits and giggles. Fun, isn't it, that every member of the organization hypocritically tells fans how critical starting the season strong is.....and then slot Mac in.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I do not see the argument, Borg is not ready, he is still a project, the best move is the AHL, we cannot afford to get a slow start, and I see why they are doing this.
He eventually would get call ups along with the other players sent down.
There was a time where many mock the panthers for not having any depth, now we are arguing the opposite, this board never changes.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Juho, Hunt, Mamin and Greco are all headed towards their prime, while Mac exited his long ago. Production from the young'ns is more likely to improve entering this season than Mac, who has declined sharply and will continue to do so. And pointing out their stats? No one was a star for Springfield last year. Does that mean they all get damned to eternal AHL hell forever? Does Kinnear not play a part? Don't let logic get in the way.

But, hey, let's handicap the 4th line for ****s and giggles. Fun, isn't it, that every member of the organization hypocritically tells fans how critical starting the season strong is.....and then slot Mac in.
Ya it makes more sense to hand
Jobs to people
That have t earned it. That sends a great message. That’s what this joke of an organization used to do. U shoukd be thankful it’s not like that. Now instead these guys gotta bring it every night or they will be replaced.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Ya it makes more sense to hand
Jobs to people
That have t earned it. That sends a great message. That’s what this joke of an organization used to do. U shoukd be thankful it’s not like that. Now instead these guys gotta bring it every night or they will be replaced.

The irony of the whole thing is 17 and 18 don't bring it any night, ever, yet keep a job. That works both ways.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
The irony of the whole thing is 17 and 18 don't bring it any night, ever, yet keep a job. That works both ways.
Nobody played well enough in preseason to take their jobs. Simple as that. So start with what u know. Also I doubt Haley gets much playing time this year and Mackenzie will see plenty of press box
Duties as well don’t worry

Reactions: batting1k

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Being on the 2nd line vs the 3rd line wont be a big difference in ice time if you have good scoring lines.

Vatrano Trocheck Malgin
Huberdeau McCann Hoffman

Yeah I'd love to see the Malgin-Trocheck combo reunited and the "third line" looks pretty sick. Not sure if I like Vatrano as Trocheck's second winger but who knows, maybe it would work... If the lines aren't clicking this could definitely be worth a try.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Because Bjugstad won't produce or because Hoffman won't?

I just think if Hoff-Trocheck dont click. That move will be made. We know Bjugy with Tro wont work as Tro wont be feeding him the puck all night unlike Barkov. For every goal Bjugs scores he misses 10 golden opportunities Barkov has set up and his decision making isn't that great

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
People are underrating that Vatrano-McCann-Malgin line IMO

Malgin is looking for a breakout-year, it's like you can feel it, he has been dynamite the whole camp.

They didn't need to try Vatrano-McCann and instead gave Borgstrom his best chance at cracking the roster with that ice-time...

Vatrano and McCann played a lot together, and McCann was posting first-line like numbers in that span... Jared looks like he is poised to have a good year too !

Really really looking forward to see those guys on the ice together, they should bring us a nice punch in the middle of the lineup...

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
People are underrating that Vatrano-McCann-Malgin line IMO

Malgin is looking for a breakout-year, it's like you can feel it, he has been dynamite the whole camp.

They didn't need to try Vatrano-McCann and instead gave Borgstrom his best chance at cracking the roster with that ice-time...

Vatrano and McCann played a lot together, and McCann was posting first-line like numbers in that span... Jared looks like he is poised to have a good year too !

Really really looking forward to see those guys on the ice together, they should bring us a nice punch in the middle of the lineup...
I wonder how many times Ive made small talk with you and didnt know it...shame on you if you know who i am and dont say anything! And that goes for everyone here!

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Vatrano Trocheck Malgin
Huberdeau McCann Hoffman

Yes, exactly. Labels don't matter.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I just think if Hoff-Trocheck dont click. That move will be made. We know Bjugy with Tro wont work as Tro wont be feeding him the puck all night unlike Barkov. For every goal Bjugs scores he misses 10 golden opportunities Barkov has set up and his decision making isn't that great
Gotta give them some time. Dadonov and Barkov took time to click/producing at a high level and now, nobody would change that duo.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Nobody played well enough in preseason to take their jobs. Simple as that. So start with what u know. Also I doubt Haley gets much playing time this year and Mackenzie will see plenty of press box
Duties as well don’t worry

I’m happy to say we finally agree on something :)

Reactions: Bure1096

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I’m happy to say we finally agree on something :)
kuzmaphoneshockTWopt.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad