Trailer for the now canned Tremors Series

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I guess the series only takes the first movie into account. I mean there is a 6th one out now...

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I was reading about a new series with Kevin Bacon getting canceled, but I had no idea that they'd already filmed some of it. I wonder if they filmed only a pilot--everything in that trailer does seem like it comes from a single episode--and its quality didn't impress the execs. I hope that they make it available, regardless. They could simply put it on YouTube, if not Netflix. I want to see Kevin Bacon play Val again. Even if it never becomes available, though, it's still satisfying seeing a few clips of him in the character again.

This is oddly coincidental because I just happen to be in the middle of watching all of the movies. The original, one of my favorites for three decades, was on HBO or something last week, so I decided to re-watch it. After, I noticed that all of the sequels were free on demand. I didn't remember watching any of them, so I figured that I'd see how far I'd get. It turns out that I did see the second a long time ago, but I'd never watched any afterward. I'd stayed away from them all this time because they were direct-to-video releases, didn't have Kevin Bacon and I was afraid that they were awful. I was actually rather surprised that 2-4 are all pretty good... not as good as the original, but still quite watchable and fun. It's infectious how much Michael Gross seems to relish playing his Burt Gummer character.

I watched the 5th movie last night and it's not as good, but not "bad," per se. It misses some of the charm, likely in part because it's the first made without any of the writers, producers or directors of the first four. It also employs too much of the modern, quick cut, "kinetic" filmmaking that I hate and which stylistically separates it from the rest. It wasn't bad enough, though, to stop me from finishing the series with the newly released 6th one, which I may watch tonight. Afterward, I might see if I can find a way to watch the original, 1995 Tremors series. I read that it got pretty good ratings, despite being canceled after only one season.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
On IMDB they are calling it a "TV movie" so maybe it will be released.

That's good to hear and what I was hoping that they'd do. If they can, they should just take what they filmed, edit it into a movie format and release it.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
The first and second ones are really the only ones worth watching. Anyone that wants to watch any of the others is a glutton for punishment

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad