Tragic news from the Prince George Cougars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCCHL inactive

Wally112pac said:
He said he was walkin with Bob Mckenzie, Wayne Gretzky, Gord Miller and a couple other people in Hockey.

Just because the autopsy isn't out doesn't mean people inside the game don't know what happened.

Being "inside the game" does not make you a medical expert. Nobody knows exactly what happened...not even the doctors who will perform the autopsy.

That is what autopsies do...find out why somebody died.

And yes zippy...2-4 months.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Van said:
Being "inside the game" does not make you a medical expert. Nobody knows exactly what happened...not even the doctors who will perform the autopsy.

That is what autopsies do...find out why somebody died.

And yes zippy...2-4 months.

Obviously Mcguire knows what happened. He said he was talkin to Gretzky who is friends with Lee Fogolin. He's not goin to put his reputation on the line and make somethin up.

I guess everyone else will find out it's official in 2-4 months.

BCCHL inactive

Wally112pac said:
Obviously Mcguire knows what happened. He said he was talkin to Gretzky who is friends with Lee Fogolin. He's not goin to put his reputation on the line and make somethin up.

I guess everyone else will find out it's official in 2-4 months.

Did Wayne Gretzky perform the autopsy?

The initial reports is that Mike had a heart condition that went undetected, but until that autopsy report says it is the cause of death, nobody knows for sure. Not even Wayne Gretzky.

BCCHL inactive

Here is Friday's PG Citizen article....

Coach: Fogolin a character guy, future captain
Memorial service scheduled for Tuesday in Edmonton

More than 24 hours after he heard the awful news, Prince George Cougars head coach Lane Lambert still hadn't come to grips with the death of one of his players.
It will take even longer for the tragedy to sink in.

Mike Fogolin, a rookie with the Cougars last year, died in his sleep Wednesday of apparent natural causes, with speculation centring on an undiagnosed heart condition. An autopsy will be performed, with results not expected for at least two months.

Fogolin, who turned 17 in March, will be laid to rest Tuesday following a memorial service in Edmonton, scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. at St. Joseph's Basilica. Team officials, support staff and most of Fogolin's teammates will attend.

"This leaves a big hole in our lives, because Mike was an unbelievable kid," Lambert said from Saskatoon, where he's been visiting family after taking in the first four games of the Memorial Cup in Kelowna.

"That's as bad as it gets, to get news like that. It was shock and disbelief. I feel so bad for the family, for Lee and Carol and Mike's brother (Rory), that I just can't put it into words. I can't imagine anything worse, as a parent, than having your child die before you do.

"We're going to miss him. Hockey-wise, we'll get through it, but right now my thoughts are with his family and how difficult it must be for them."

Lambert, a father of two himself, has spoken with Lee Fogolin, Mike's father and a former NHL player with Edmonton and Buffalo, to extend his condolences.

Lambert said Mike Fogolin had such a presence in the dressing room, even as a 16-year-old who played 42 games in his freshman season, that he was a central figure for the character of the team in coming seasons.

"When I thought of Mike Fogolin, I thought of a future captain of the Prince George Cougars," said Lambert.

"As a 16-year-old, you're going to have some ups and downs. The thing about him was that when he did sit out, he never complained -- he just worked harder. He improved because of that, and he was working extremely hard this summer. I'm still in shock, and I don't know if I'm saying this right or not, but he had such a bright future and to have it taken away from him is just so unfair. If hard work, character and determination have anything to do with it, and they do, he would have been an NHL player.

"He was a character guy, the kind you want to build your team around. I know one thing, as silly as this might sound -- Mike would kick our ass if we weren't getting through it. That's the kind of kid he was. He'd want us to find a way."

Lambert and general manager Dallas Thompson spent Wednesday calling players -- Thompson called some, while Lambert dialed others. Lambert said he'd talked to nearly every player, including those Thompson broke the news to on Wednesday, by Thursday evening. The only player who was not able to be reached was Stanislav Bolshakov, who is home in Russia.

Rest of article...

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/news/current/n3.php

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Van said:

The initial reports is that Mike had a heart condition that went undetected, but until that autopsy report says it is the cause of death, nobody knows for sure. Not even Wayne Gretzky.

You'll see in 2 months that it was a "heart condition that went undetected"

krooky

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Van said:

Okay, enough already. Van- do you really have to get all pissy and start an argument over everything? This isn't the topic to do so on. Just let everyone pay their respects to Mike and leave everything else alone.

BCCHL inactive

Wally112pac said:
You'll see in 2 months that it was a "heart condition that went undetected"

I don't understand why you think the word of a hockey player and hockey media is just as good as what the autopsy report, which is not due for 8-16 weeks, will say.

The preliminary reports are that of a heart condition, but to claim the certain cause of death at this point in time is disrespectful. We do not know for sure how Mike Fogolin passed away.

krooky said:
Okay, enough already. Van- do you really have to get all pissy and start an argument over everything? This isn't the topic to do so on. Just let everyone pay their respects to Mike and leave everything else alone.

I didn't start it. I'm not the one who claims to know how Mike Fogolin passed away based on pure speculation by "people inside the game".

And yes, I will get pissy when people disrespect the family by claiming that they know how he died based on what hockey people have said.

What is Wally112pac trying to prove? Does he have anything to gain by predicting the autopsy report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad