Proposal: Trading Gaborik is a smart move

Status
Not open for further replies.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
With him not binging much and Vinny playing solid think at some point a trade is a smart move. Free up salary to sign Lucic and gain a draft pick. I don't know if trading him mid-season is smart but I believe he is the natural trade piece
Agree?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
If the Kings can trade him after the season ends, it may be worth discussing. Him and Brown are the two anchoring contracts.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Sure. Finding a taker will be relatively difficult, and I certainly wouldn't do it in-season, maybe he can build some value with a good stretch into the postseason, right now, it can't get much lower.

Sword

May 26, 2014
But what if he perform like he did in the playoffs 2 years ago? I'd only trade him if we can get another d-man with offensive skills, I still don't think Voynov has been replaced yet.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
He's still plenty capable of scoring timely goals.

Trading him does not help our SC chances.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
With him not binging much and Vinny playing solid think at some point a trade is a smart move. Free up salary to sign Lucic and gain a draft pick. I don't know if trading him mid-season is smart but I believe he is the natural trade piece
Agree?

Depends on what you get back, doubtful any contender that wants him will give us anything we need (top 4 D). Besides, he can still play and fill in for any injuries at the top.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
We're damn near the best team in the league. how about we ****ing enjoy it until the offseason?

srsly - it amazes me how people are more worried about cap space, draft picks and prospects than winning games and Cups.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
We're damn near the best team in the league. how about we ****ing enjoy it until the offseason?

Yep after tonight within 2 points of Dallas with 2 in hand. Leaving only Chicago and there 12 game win streak, and Washington in front of us.
And what can be said about Washington's season they are just lights out. Saw a stat earlier in the night about them being able to go .500 from this point on and still get 109 points this year.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't see any actual 'proposal' here, nor do I see any discussion that wouldn't fit right in to the roster thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->