Proposal: Trading Freddie for a 1A/1B Goalie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Oilers will give ya 2b Mike Smith

While joking here we couldn’t even afford that swap. Toronto should just use Andersen till UFA and see what’s on the market next off season.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Not at the prices leafs fans expect. He wasn’t much better than either of our guys last year. If we had a goalie it’s for someone who can push us over the hump in the playoffs. That isn’t Andersen based off his track record.
Id expect Andersen behind Carolina’s defense to be a decent bit better than their current options

One season under .910 shouldnt negate his 5-6 others at .916+

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Malcolm Subban is currently a #1 goalie

So Anderson/Subban swap ,,,,,, Ok ;)
upload_2020-10-16_12-41-48.jpeg

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
You are downgrading your nets big time with a move like Francouz. It sounds counter-intuitive for the Leafs, whether we are taking about cap dumps or not.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Id expect Andersen behind Carolina’s defense to be a decent bit better than their current options

One season under .910 shouldnt negate his 5-6 others at .916+

Carolina gives up a ton of high danger chances. You can’t automatically assume he’d be better there.

He also has a track record of poor play in the postseason and is only under contract for one more year. Really tough sell to convince Carolina.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No way should the Leafs trade Freddy. They should be working to extend him. The guy has played very well. When the backups played, the team didn’t win much, did they?

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I have to wonder what the issue is in elimination game 3rd periods. I like Freddy he's great but I dunno if I can just blame the D on the consistent elimination game 3rd period duffs. because he usually lets in a soft goal or 2 when it really matters.
I'm still a big Freddy fan but have to wonder if he's the right guy.
In no rush to get back into the goalie hunting game. those years were terrible. Raycroft, Toskala, Reimer, Bernier.
Glad to see that you were not one of the Leafs fans that had him at top 5 at one time...

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
The only goalie not firmly cemented in his position that would meet the criteria / motivation for the Leafs to move Andersen would be Kuemper.

Obviously Arizona needs picks a lot more than they need a #1 goalie this year, so it then becomes a question of getting a 3rd team involved to give up picks for Andersen, or give up picks for Raanta.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Glad to see that you were not one of the Leafs fans that had him at top 5 at one time...
I haven't done the research but I think the most consistent of them all was Reimer. everyone else from what I can remember had solid first seasons with Toronto. and I fell in love with them except Raycroft I was salty about Rask.
and then it didnt take long for me to get sick of the rest of them after year one lol

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
At some point teams will crack and take a loss on assets they need to move, like TOR may have to do with Andersen. They need to pay this year's RFAs, look at both Hyman and the starter position/contract during the year, then gear up for the Reilly payday. All of the above in a short flat cap era. Dubas will crack.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
something like

Andersen to NSH for Saros + 2021 4th

or

Andersen to COL for Francouz + Calvert

Why other teams would do this - Upgrade your 1a/1b goalie to a bonafied starter

Why Leafs do this - Cap Savings + Run 3 Goalies (New Goalie, Campbell, Dell, 30-30-20)

thoughts?

I thought the Leafs are trying to win, so why is Dell playing 20 games?

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Carolina gives up a ton of high danger chances. You can’t automatically assume he’d be better there.

He also has a track record of poor play in the postseason and is only under contract for one more year. Really tough sell to convince Carolina.

Reimer was beat out by Bernier who was outplayed by Andersen and he looks like a solid goalie in Carolina. The Hurricane aren’t defensive juggernauts but they’re a lot better than the Leafs defensively.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Because if Dell can have a .907 sv% for 30+ games behind the 2019-2020 Sharks, I would imagine he could post at least a .910sv% in about half the starts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad