Proposal: Trades to help get Tampa over the hump

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
You did last week and that was before the UFAs...

Hedman was injured. Our goalie barely saved anything. None of the UFAs are important players. Don’t act like you know anything when you have never watched tampa play a single game.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Tampa should tweak a bit but nothing drastic.

This team is unbelievably good, They had a bad showing. They're going to be good for a long time.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
No trades needed. At least not to get over the hump. According to Cooper, you just need to lose some more so the games down the stretch aren't so meaningless. Moves were being made regardless of being swept.

Last edited:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
What hump?
They were the best damn team ever and didn't show up in the playoffs.
How about play with some urgency? There are minor moves to make but this was an epic collapse that was totally on them.
Their coaches obviously could not adapt or recognize their game plan was bullocks.
Coaches are part of it but you can’t have an entire team of guys who need a coach to pump them up into caring.

They need some more intense guys who can play. Lemeiux types. Just adding him made the rangers more intense up and down.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Coaches are part of it but you can’t have an entire team of guys who need a coach to pump them up into caring.

They need some more intense guys who can play. Lemeiux types. Just adding him made the rangers more intense up and down.

Sure the players need to play with some heart, but this is the playoffs. They should be motivated enough but if not, the coach has to find a way to motivate them....Did you see the Blues tonight?
They controlled WPG for most of the game. That kind of intensity wins games.

Reactions: haveandare

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Tampa needs a pest or tough SOB in their forward group.

Look at the impact guys like Wilson, Andersen, Debrusk or Isles 4th line has. Tampa is missing that element.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Hedman was injured. Our goalie barely saved anything. None of the UFAs are important players. Don’t act like you know anything when you have never watched tampa play a single game.
Didn’t mean to challenge the famous Florida hockey acumen, watching the series I believe your D has issues and it will get worse this off season even with Foote coming in. It’s an opinion take it or leave it. Also believe that Stralman could be considered an important player.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Except they have 4 UFA Dmen and cant resign them.

Thry have big D oroblems.

Yeah, but our top 4, even if everybody walks, is:

1. Hedman
2. McDonagh
3. Cernak
4. Sergachev

Sergachev's the only weak link, but he's coming along. Cernak is a beast.

Our D problems are minor--we need a bottom pairing. Foote or Masin will get a spot out of camp, and we can find a cheap vet to fill the other role.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

They cared plenty. The problem was they had no gameplan.

If we get a gritty player, it has to be a top-sixer. Our bottom-six is plenty gritty. We're missing a guy who can create space for our stars though.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Didn’t mean to challenge the famous Florida hockey acumen, watching the series I believe your D has issues and it will get worse this off season even with Foote coming in. It’s an opinion take it or leave it. Also believe that Stralman could be considered an important player.

Stralman is pretty bad at this point in his career. Don’t try to comment on things you don’t understand please.

And judging by that series our offense has issues. Also we have goaltending issues too I guess. Seems like we are a pretty terrible team based on that series.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Might need to give Erik Karlsson a shot, maybe get rid of JT Miller and add a guy similar to Joel Ward, Hagelin maybe on a cheap deal.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Miller for Hornqvist? Penguins get a younger, Lightning get grittier.

Hard pass. He's such a SOB to play against and that's exactly what we need. I only worry that the wear on his body is gonna catch up to him soon. I fear we'd get his last good year and suddenly we're stuck with Swedish Lucic and it's not like it would be Horny's fault for it either. Even then there's a good chance that I'm wrong but if I was right we're looking at 2 guys falling apart (Palat being the other) for $10+ million for 3 years or more

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Might need to give Erik Karlsson a shot, maybe get rid of JT Miller and add a guy similar to Joel Ward, Hagelin maybe on a cheap deal.

I definitely think we're calling Karlsson July 1st. Guy literally made a point to have bro time with Stamkos during the ASG week. Take that for what it's worth but that doesn't mean he's leaving the SJS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad