Proposal: Trades to help get Tampa over the hump

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Once tj millers and kucherov contracts kick in in the summer, more then half of the tb roster will have no trade clauses. These players negotiated them to stay so I doubt many will waive.

What can Tampa do to improve a pretty week defence?

While people love to praise yzerman, he did saddle them with the most trade clauses in the nhl and no championships.

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
Stop trading with the NYR,seriously?Bring some fire next time to the "second season",and if Kuch didnt learn anything,I dont know what to add to that

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Maybe another shot with the current roster would be the best move. It is going to be tough for them to have 6 quality defensemen here soon with all of the raises. Luckily for them Cernak looks pretty good and that’s a very solid top 4

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
They could also use a little more team toughness as well. The games get choppier in the playoffs.
It seems as though the entire forward group struggles defensively.
Do they have any prospects to trade? Is there money they can move out that isn't tied to a trade clause?

Reactions: bernmeister

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Palat for Sekera, straight up. Palat’s had a rough couple of seasons but could help a weak Oilers forward group. Sekera’s had some injury trouble but was pretty good for us when he returned and is absolutely a solid top four defenceman when he’s healthy. We have some good young LHD coming and need to move bodies. Salaries and caphits are pretty much a wash.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Miller to Buffalo might make some sense. Buffalo needs secondary scoring, and Tampa could probably trade Miller and still be a high scoring team without him. Maybe a pick or prospect coming back? Not sure what Tampa would want for him.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Our defense is fine as long as Hedman is healthy. I don’t think people understand how good Cernak is so they look at our defense and think we have a problem when there is none.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Palat for Sekera, straight up. Palat’s had a rough couple of seasons but could help a weak Oilers forward group. Sekera’s had some injury trouble but was pretty good for us when he returned and is absolutely a solid top four defenceman when he’s healthy. We have some good young LHD coming and need to move bodies. Salaries and caphits are pretty much a wash.
Tampa can't afford to pay a player 5.5 million to play on the third pair

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
What hump?
They were the best damn team ever and didn't show up in the playoffs.
How about play with some urgency? There are minor moves to make but this was an epic collapse that was totally on them.
Their coaches obviously could not adapt or recognize their game plan was bullocks.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Our defense is fine as long as Hedman is healthy. I don’t think people understand how good Cernak is so they look at our defense and think we have a problem when there is none.

Except they have 4 UFA Dmen and cant resign them.

Thry have big D oroblems.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Except they have 4 UFA Dmen and cant resign them.

Thry have big D oroblems.

Our top 4 is set though. Who we have on the bottom pair really doesn’t matter. We do not have problems.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Tampa needs a few changes , but the biggest change that seems obvious is the coach. I listened to him and nowhere in his press conferences did he seem to have any anger or fire inside his belly.

Change the coach and the end result to me will be better.

It's the coaches job to prepare his team, sit players , adjust his lineup and matchup.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Sekera can play either side and would be fine as a 4. Would be a good partner and mentor for Sergachev.

Sekera doesn't fix the problem. Tampa doesn't need a defenseman that old with no proven playoff experience , especially no Stanley cups.

Tampa has a pretty good group of defenseman, I'd say they lack a bit of character and leadership as well as someone who has won a cup to lean on through adversity.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Sekera can play either side and would be fine as a 4. Would be a good partner and mentor for Sergachev.
If Tampa is playing Sekera on the 2nd pairing as opposed to Palat as a middle sizer they definitely wouldn’t have upgraded or improved.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I know there's like a 0.00001% chance of it happening but I'd pay a lot to see a Chabot-Sergachev pairing for the next 10 years.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
They could also use a little more team toughness as well. The games get choppier in the playoffs.
It seems as though the entire forward group struggles defensively.
Do they have any prospects to trade? Is there money they can move out that isn't tied to a trade clause?
What hump?
They were the best damn team ever and didn't show up in the playoffs.
How about play with some urgency? There are minor moves to make but this was an epic collapse that was totally on them.
Their coaches obviously could not adapt or recognize their game plan was bullocks.
The same hump that the leafs ultra talented lineup needs to get over.
The rules seem to change in the playoffs (I will never understand why). Tampa didn't show any grit or passion at all. They are talented and had a great regular season but no one cares if you get manhandled in the playoffs.
They need some toughness in their lineup and they need to play better team defence. Their forward group is not a good defensive unit and I don't think their group of 6 defnseman is all that impressive either.
Maybe the exact same lineup gets it done next year.... hard to believe that though after that thrashing we just witnessed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->