Trades and Free Agent Talk - To trade or not to trade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
is this a case of "be careful what you wish for?"

I personally think babs has lost the room. I personally think that babs can’t adjust and they probably need a change.

but as far as some of the criticisms.

Hyman can’t be on a skill line
Marner and matthews together....

The leafs need d thar can stop the cycle.
He seems to be right on those

Reactions: Hustlr

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I personally think babs has lost the room. I personally think that babs can’t adjust and they probably need a change.

but as far as some of the criticisms.

Hyman can’t be on a skill line
Marner and matthews together....

The leafs need d thar can stop the cycle.
He seems to be right on those

sorry wrong reply. I think they were planning on LTIR with him and it didn’t. Work.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Josh Anderson
For
Kasperi Kapanen & 2nd 2021
-
Scott Mayfield & 3rd
For
Andreas Johnsson

Anderson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Micheyev - - Kerfoot - - - Moore
Korshkov - Gauthier - Tymashov

Rielly - - - Ceci
Muzzin - Barrie
Dermott - Mayfield

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Josh Anderson
For
Kasperi Kapanen & 2nd 2021
-
Scott Mayfield & 3rd
For
Andreas Johnsson

Anderson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Micheyev - - Kerfoot - - - Moore
Korshkov - Gauthier - Tymashov

Rielly - - - Ceci
Muzzin - Barrie
Dermott - Mayfield

Trading Johnsson for a 3rd pair RD and a mid round pick when Holl has been playing well in the 3rd pair RD hole makes no sense

I also seriously doubt Anderson is getting moved anytime soon

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Trading Johnsson for a 3rd pair RD and a mid round pick when Holl has been playing well in the 3rd pair RD hole makes no sense

I also seriously doubt Anderson is getting moved anytime soon
Agreed that the value is off, but Mayfield is one of the more realistic trade targets given our cap situation. Only 27, signed for 4 more years (including this one) at 1.45 mill, and a right shot PKer with bite. Mayfield alone would improve the PK by leaps and bounds considering we have no right-side D options at the moment.

NYI have Pulock, Boychuk, and Dobson on the right side and desperately need scoring help (particularly RWers). Kapanen is the obvious choice going back, but some combination of Ceci/Bracco/etc. could potentially work if the Isles want to continue getting younger or shake things up with more bodies in light of their recent injuries.

Having a 2nd pair (IMO) RHD at such a bargain would make re-signing guys like Mikheyev, Hyman, Dermott, etc. so much more feasible in the coming years.

Reactions: Leaffan1991

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Do you guys think Timashov or Petan could pass through waivers?

I'd lay money on Timashov getting claimed, he's done well with the minutes he's had, he's also youngish and not had a decent opportunity to show what he's capable of, if the Sens or Oilers didn't jump on that there nuts

Petan has already passed through waivers but who cares? It's Petan

Reactions: Menzinger

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
I had a discussion with a friend of mine about ways to possibly improve our defensive game and one thing he suggested that never really crossed my mind was the possibility of trading Barrie + Johnson at the trade deadline. At first it seems crazy but if we could package those 2 players for a long term partner for Rielly, I think it’sa great idea, especially considering Barrie will be a UFA at seasons end.

Question is, what teams could use a top 4 offensive rhd and a top 6 left winger and be willing to trade a top 4 all around rhd defenseman

One idea was with Columbus

To Toronto
Savard
Anderson

To Columbus
Barrie
Johnson

Last edited:
Reactions: rumman

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Wild need offence and young skilled players. Have enough depth D to move Dumba. Maybe you got a internal connection to Bill Guerin lol

I dont disagree that they need young skilled players - and thats namely why theyre probably not going to want to move their younger top pairing D man.

Dumba is one of their main guys on the team and if they do opt to go for a rebuild he's going to be their Rielly.

Theyll likely try to move an older guy like Brodin or Spurgeon for a forward

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I had a discussion with a friend of mine about ways to possibly improve our defensive game and one thing he suggested that never really crossed my mind was the possibility of trading Barrie + Johnson at the trade deadline. At first it seems crazy but if we could package those 2 players for a long term partner for Rielly, I think it’sa great idea, especially considering Barrie will be a UFA at seasons end.

Question is, what teams could use a top 4 offensive rhd and a top 6 left winger and be willing to trade a top 4 all around rhd defenseman

One idea was with Columbus

To Toronto
Savard
Anderson

To Columbus
Barrie
Johnson

Pk subban retained at 7?

And I'd also go get nick ritchie for peanuts and see if he could lay some people out

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The problem with trading Barrie is that his cap hit is 2.75mil, unless Leafs is not taking a Dman back or it must be a package with other players.

If I have to go all fantasy and all.

AJ and Ceci for Ferland and Stecher
Ferland is not producing points while Stecher is behind Tanev, and Myers.
Stecher might be small but he is feisty and actually will stand up for his teammates.

Then Marner and Kopitar straight up.

Ferland-Matthews-Willie
Hyman-JT-Kerfoot
Soup-Kopitar-Kap
Moore-Goat-Tima
Shore

Reilly-Stecher
Muzzin-Barrie
Dermott-Holl

don’t think that will happen but good to hope

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
The problem with trading Barrie is that his cap hit is 2.75mil, unless Leafs is not taking a Dman back or it must be a package with other players.

If I have to go all fantasy and all.

AJ and Ceci for Ferland and Stecher
Ferland is not producing points while Stecher is behind Tanev, and Myers.
Stecher might be small but he is feisty and actually will stand up for his teammates.

Then Marner and Kopitar straight up.

Ferland-Matthews-Willie
Hyman-JT-Kerfoot
Soup-Kopitar-Kap
Moore-Goat-Tima
Shore

Reilly-Stecher
Muzzin-Barrie
Dermott-Holl

don’t think that will happen but good to hope
You made the team worse, older and more expensive.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
What can we get for Marner?

Rights to Pie and and 1st?

Obviously overreacting.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
You made the team worse, older and more expensive.
Ferland is 3yrs older than AJ and about 0.5mil more. Stecher is younger than Ceci and cheaper. Kopitar is 10 yrs older than Marner but cheaper.
Beside, how many 20-23yrs old did the Caps, Blues and Pens has the last four year when they won their Cups.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Ferland is 3yrs older than AJ and about 0.5mil more. Stecher is younger than Ceci and cheaper. Kopitar is 10 yrs older than Marner but cheaper.
Beside, how many 20-23yrs old did the Caps, Blues and Pens has the last four year when they won their Cups.

blues: 5, and 4 over 30.
caps: 5, and 3 over 30.
pens: 3, and 4 over 30.

just was curious as well :)

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
blues: 5, and 4 over 30.
caps: 5, and 3 over 30.
pens: 3, and 4 over 30.

just was curious as well :)
Even with the fantasy trade I listed.
Leafs would still have AM, Willie, Kap, Dermott and Tima between 20-24. While having Spezza, Kopitar and Muzzin being over 30.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Even with the fantasy trade I listed.
Leafs would still have AM, Willie, Kap, Dermott and Tima between 20-24. While having Spezza, Kopitar and Muzzin being over 30.

I honestly didn’t read anything except your one post and I was curious so I dove in haha

Reactions: Gabriel426
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->