Trades and Free Agent talk- Action started

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Other one is over the limit.
With the backup out of the way. Lets turn to defencemen.

Defenceman rumored to be available(Bolded Leafs rumored to be interested in)

Dumba
Manson

Petry
DeMelo
Martinez
Gardiner
Subban
Vatanen
Dillon
Any others?

Last edited:

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015

Dumba
Manson

Petry
DeMelo
Martinez
Gardiner
Subban
Vatanen
Any others?
Havent watched the wild much lately but if Dumba hockey IQ hasnt improved I don't think he will work well in the system.

Manson would be a better fit but his cost is hard to gauge given his up and down performances the last few seasons

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm going on record to say we will pick up one of DeMelo or Dillon before the TDL is over

Now I expect neither of those players will be acquired and I'm going to be proven wrong to a spectacular degree :laugh:

Reactions: Eric bungay

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Ship Barrie out for Bogosian. Hockey trade. He wants out of Buffalo, both are UFA next season. Barrie gives them a guy playing for points and his next contract and we get a guy thats injury prone but very capable defensively when healthy. Could go well or bad for both teams. He’s out day to day with illness it says now on Boggy. He just wants out and they aren’t getting anything out of him, buffalo can switch players but not cap hit haha

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
DeMelo like a lot of players seem to have an extra gear against the Leafs.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Ship Barrie out for Bogosian. Hockey trade. He wants out of Buffalo, both are UFA next season. Barrie gives them a guy playing for points and his next contract and we get a guy thats injury prone but very capable defensively when healthy. Could go well or bad for both teams. He’s out day to day with illness it says now on Boggy. He just wants out and they aren’t getting anything out of him

Buffalo won’t get much for him. Barrie for boggy lol just a half cocked idea
I would ship Barrie to get Larsson from Oilers. Don’t know how the Cap will work but that’s why Prindham is the AGM.
Pretty fair trade 1-1 too. Oilers get a PP QB while Leafs gets a Defensive Dman.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I rate Nurse higher but don’t think Oilers will trade him before Larsson
You are likely on the money. Johnsson/Bracco for Nurse. They need scoring depth. Lol they can have Marincin back too. Throw in barrie,Kerfoot and Ceci in some combination ha. I don’t care for any of them except Johnsson

Reactions: Gabriel426

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
You are likely on the money. Johnsson/Bracco for Nurse. They need scoring depth. Lol they can have Marincin back too. Throw in barrie,Kerfoot and Ceci in some combination ha. I don’t care for any of them except Johnsson
Maybe a Dermott and Nurse trade straight up.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Dumba
Manson

Petry
DeMelo
Martinez
Gardiner
Subban
Vatanen
Any others?
If we lose Barrie in the summer and can't get a big fish I would be all over Severson

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Ship Barrie out for Bogosian. Hockey trade. He wants out of Buffalo, both are UFA next season. Barrie gives them a guy playing for points and his next contract and we get a guy thats injury prone but very capable defensively when healthy. Could go well or bad for both teams. He’s out day to day with illness it says now on Boggy. He just wants out and they aren’t getting anything out of him, buffalo can switch players but not cap hit haha
This would be very, very bad for us. Bogosian is more useful when he's hurt and not playing. He's done.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I don't think Dubas is done. I expect a forward to move out for a RD. I'd love to get a DeMelo is we can extend him. A solid third pairing guy for many years who got a bigger chance and actually excelled. Don't think he's a target unless we are sure we can get that extension.

Reactions: Menzinger

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Dubas is once again the GM to start things off. He did last year and did again this year.

I have no idea how what he'll do for that coveted RHD but... we'll see.

It's funny since yesterday I was just saying Clifford should be a target. He's a great possession player AND gives us physicality.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
not sure what would have to be added as suggestion they tried to add alec Martinez to this deal, u fortunately didn't work. I'd assume ceci and more picks would have been discussed but...
Imagine this scenario which where I would go.
Martinez added, barrie and muzzin traded for 1sts...2 1st rounders for next year or to trade.

Still hoping for a manson and ritchie deal but acquiring martinez and also getting 2 1sts would have been good business for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad