Traded Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I thought i start this thread to get opnions on prospects that have been traded to give fans of their new teams so info particularly from fans of their previous teams. Any info on style of play, potential, strengths/weaknesses would be appreciated. So here are the prospects:

Belle (Stars to Wild)
Bochenski (Sens to Hawks)
Stastny (Oil to B's)
Alen (Ducks to Nucks)
Skinner (Nucks to Ducks)
Nordgren (Canes to Pens)
Perrault (Ducks to Yotes)
Gratton (Flyers to Yotes)
Suglobov (Devils to Leafs)
Grebeshkov (Kings to Isles)
Tambellini (Kings to Isles)

Feel free to add any i missed.

leafaholix*

SSJTOM said:
Including Statsny, Bochenski, and Belle?
Shawn Belle has been overrated because of his physical presence and skating. He has never had the mental game to be anything more than a #5/6 guy in the league.

If I recall correctly, he started out with 0 points in his first 20 AHL games?

TeamSeals

Feb 27, 2005
Minnetonka
how do points mean squat? If you said he looked like lost and out of place that would be cause for concern but saying a defensemen cant score means nothing to me since there primary job is to keep the opponents from scoring, not get a PPG

leafaholix*

TeamSeals said:
how do points mean squat? If you said he looked like lost and out of place that would be cause for concern but saying a defensemen cant score means nothing to me since there primary job is to keep the opponents from scoring, not get a PPG
45 games, 3 points, -4.

when a player cannot score at a respectable pace in the ahl, he usually won't amount to much in the nhl in the offensive department, that is why i say that his upside is no more than a depth defenseman. shawn belle may be the most physically impressive player in professional hockey (ahl/nhl), and he may be one of the top 5 greatest skaters you'll see in professional hockey on this continent right now, but he has the mental game of a cucumber and hands of stone. he will play in this league for many years, but it will also be on many different teams, hence why by age 21, he's already been traded twice without appearing in 1 nhl game.

TeamSeals

Feb 27, 2005
Minnetonka
underscore_boy said:
45 games, 3 points, -4.

when a player cannot score at a respectable pace in the ahl, he usually won't amount to much in the nhl in the offensive department, that is why i say that his upside is no more than a depth defenseman. shawn belle may be the most physically impressive player in professional hockey (ahl/nhl), and he may be one of the top 5 greatest skaters you'll see in professional hockey on this continent right now, but he has the mental game of a cucumber and hands of stone. he will play in this league for many years, but it will also be on many different teams, hence why by age 21, he's already been traded twice without appearing in 1 nhl game.

Im not trying to say Belle is a god now because he is all of a sudden Wild property, but honestly most people here think Mitchell might have been the best player traded today and he had eight points. Mitchell has no offense at all and it looks like Belle will follow in his footsteps as a good skating physical player that will only be out there to keep other teams from scoring, and that's more than okay with me

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Here's an interesting slant... Which of these guys will be going to the NHL???

Tambellini and Grebeshkov will be going straight to the Islanders from what I understand. Grebs may even be thrown on the top d-pairing with Zhitnik as an expiriment right off the bat.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
None for the Wild...

Belle is being teamed up with his partner Clayton Stoner. Add to it that JL will demand a lot from Belle and once Belle gets bigger, I think he'll be a fine prospect. Skating is very important to the Wild.

leafaholix*

TeamSeals said:
Im not trying to say Belle is a god now because he is all of a sudden Wild property, but honestly most people here think Mitchell might have been the best player traded today and he had eight points. Mitchell has no offense at all and it looks like Belle will follow in his footsteps as a good skating physical player that will only be out there to keep other teams from scoring, and that's more than okay with me
nobody is saying belle is crap, but it's a long shot to expect belle to be anything near a top 4 defenseman in the nhl down the road with his lack of hockey sense, but of course sheldon souray has managed to parlay his size, shot, and average skating into a second pairing role with the montreal canadiens. skoula isn't very good, mitchell is a really solid player, and belle is pretty much the reason minnesota probably made the deal.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Bochenski has already played for the Hawks... he arrived in the first intermission

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Suglobov was penned in by some Leaf fans to get some time with Steen and Wellwood but we think he might have to go through Waivers to be called up(not sure since he's a 2000 draft pick) so he'll probably finnish the year with the Marlies to get used to them and Maurice for the AHL Playoffs.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
SSJTOM said:
Suglobov was penned in by some Leaf fans to get some time with Steen and Wellwood but we think he might have to go through Waivers to be called up(not sure since he's a 2000 draft pick) so he'll probably finnish the year with the Marlies to get used to them and Maurice for the AHL Playoffs.
I dont think thats true because i think he is still on his entry level contract, perhaps a Jersey fan could confirm or deny.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
underscore_boy said:
nobody is saying belle is crap, but it's a long shot to expect belle to be anything near a top 4 defenseman in the nhl down the road with his lack of hockey sense

Lemaire on Mitchell:
"We worked with him. We showed him how to play defense because he could not play defense at the start. He could not understand it."

Some guys take time, and training. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->