Proposal: Trade your current roster players for hometown players

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Brian Flynn (Lynnfield, MA) for Patrice Bergeron (L'Ancienne-Lorette, QC)

Al Montoya (Chicago, IL) for Corey Crawford (Montreal, QC)

Will Bitten (Gloucester, ON -> close to Ottawa) for Derrick Brassard (Hull, QC)

Casey Staum (Falcon Heights, MN) for Marco Scandella (Montreal, QC)

Not that BOS/CHI/MIN/OTT do those trades, and pretending it fits cap wise:

Pacioretty - Bergeron - Radulov
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Byron - Brassard - Shaw
Andrighetto - Danault - McCarron

Scandella - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Markov - Emelin

Price - Crawford

:yo:

Gloucester is a part of Ottawa. Barrhaven, Kanata, and Gloucester are the southern, western and eastern suburbs of the city.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Naw. Don't need Gibson.

Saad, Trocheck, JT Miller.
ETA: WTH, i always thought Miller was from PA? Seems to be from Ohio...

He was born in East Palestine but his family moved to the Moon Township area and he played for the Pittsburgh Hornets. Close enough, EP isn't very far from Pittsburgh to begin with.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Bruins would actually have a decent team if they can include all of New England.

Here are a couple trades...

David Krejci for Jack Eichel
David Backes for Charlie Coyle
Torey Krug for Noah Hanafin
Matt Beleskey for Chris Kreider

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Bobby Ryan's from New Jersey :laugh::laugh:

Let me help out the people who don't live around here or who aren't familiar with the geography. The state of NJ is to a large extent two massive suburbs of the cities of New York and Philadelphia. The northern part of the state is New York territory, while the southern part is Philly territory. If you grow up in South Jersey, you will eat hoagies, cheesesteaks, and water ice while rooting for the Phillies/Eagles/Sixers and likely even the Flyers instead of the Devils, and you'll get your news from the Philly news stations. You will go grocery shopping at Wegman's or hang out at the Cherry Hill Mall with people from Philly who just hopped over the bridge. You might even tell people that you are from Philly (and in fact, your parents or grandparents probably were from Philly).

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Giroux grew up in Cumberland/Orleans which is a suburb of Ottawa.

Giroux for Wideman, 1st, Brown

Nick Baptiste for Curtiz Lazar

Eric Gudbranson for 3rd plus Andreas Englund

Ottawa already has Methot, Borowiecki, Ceci, Pageau and Brassard who are from Ottawa-Hull. Is there any team that's close to having that many players from the area?

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
Amazingly, five St. Louisans were selected in the first last year: Tkachuk, Keller, Brown, Kunin, and Frederic.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Sticking to just the city proper, the Flyers send Mark Zengerle to the Red Wings for Eric Tangradi. There, that's everyone from Philadelphia back.

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
He technically did, but he is from South Jersey, which is predominately Philly country. He was born in Carney's Point which is at the very bottom of the state and across the river from Wilmington, Delaware. He went to high school at Gloucester Catholic which is right across the river from Philly. Fun fact, Gaudreau bought a car from a buddy of mine from high school last summer.

South Jersey sucks anyway, I wouldn't be mad if we just gave it to Pennsylvania, just leave us the shore. That way we could get rid of Camden and the ******** version of Belmar.

As someone from central NJ near the shore as well, I propose that north of woodbridge is annexed by NY, south of the pinelands goes to PA and everything in between is just normal NJ. Trust me when I say we prefer people from Philly over people from NY visiting our beaches (NYers and north jersey guys **** all our girls, fight all of our guys, and treat our homes like a ****hole--see D'jais from May-August)

Per Trumps new travel bans, I propose that bennies are no longer allowed to travel south of woodbridge. I also propose that Christie gets locked up at Guantanamo and that the devils relocate to worst part of canada (which will be an upgrade from Newark for sure).

Man I would make for a great governor... *pats myself on the back*

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
As someone from central NJ near the shore as well, I propose that north of woodbridge is annexed by NY, south of the pinelands goes to PA and everything in between is just normal NJ. Trust me when I say we prefer people from Philly over people from NY visiting our beaches (NYers and north jersey guys **** all our girls, fight all of our guys, and treat our homes like a ****hole--see D'jais from May-August)

Per Trumps new travel bans, I propose that bennies are no longer allowed to travel south of woodbridge. I also propose that Christie gets locked up at Guantanamo and that the devils relocate to worst part of canada (which will be an upgrade from Newark for sure).

Man I would make for a great governor... *pats myself on the back*

There's no such thing as central NJ. You're a Northerner. Get over it.:razz:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Bruins would actually have a decent team if they can include all of New England.

Here are a couple trades...

David Krejci for Jack Eichel
David Backes for Charlie Coyle
Torey Krug for Noah Hanafin
Matt Beleskey for Chris Kreider

Expand the NYR trade

Matt Belesky, Pastrnak, Cehlarik for Kreider, Vesey, and K. Hayes

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
If you could actually do this Toronto fans might actually have as much talent as they think they have!

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Michagan home towners

Trouba for 2017 1st/Sproul/Hicketts

Werenski for 2018 1st/Saarijarvi/Russo

McCarron for Nyquist/Frk

Hellebuyck for Coreau/2017 3rd(Tor)

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Giroux grew up in Cumberland/Orleans which is a suburb of Ottawa.

Giroux for Wideman, 1st, Brown

Nick Baptiste for Curtiz Lazar

Eric Gudbranson for 3rd plus Andreas Englund

Ottawa already has Methot, Borowiecki, Ceci, Pageau and Brassard who are from Ottawa-Hull. Is there any team that's close to having that many players from the area?
They also have Jason Akeson playing in the minors. Just sign him :)

I'm surprised I haven't seen any Pouliot proposals. He'd count, right?

You could also maybe include Zack Bogosian. Massena is over the river from Cornwall. Even though Massena is in the USA it is way closer to Ottawa/Montreal than to Buffalo.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This is gonna be sweet, most of them we could sign as UFA!

Uh, King for Matt Nieto
Some picks for Beau Bennett
Andreoff for Emerson Etem and a pick
Kurtis MacDermid for Kevan Miller

Dunno.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad