Confirmed with Link: Trade: VGK Acquires Zac Leslie from LA Kings

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I guess this move is for depth, but seems a bit of a head scratcher. 121 games in OHL and only 33 points? Maybe he is some wiz PK guy?

LA Kings Trade Zac Leslie to Vegas Golden Knights

Well, this explains it...

It's for the Wolves to make a playoff push.

As Mundy said, it's another free player. Knights could use a few more prospects in the 21-23yo age range and they can spare an NHL contract to qualify him in the offseason. Plus the Blues won't have any Dmen in Chicago next year.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Haven't seen what definition of future considerations is.
I'm guessing it just means they're done.

Can't have a trade without both sides giving something. He's an AHL guy, and now he's off the Kings' books. I imagine that's as future considerations as it gets. Perhaps they'll give them first right of refusal on someone they're planning to dump in the future.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Could be pick swap. :dunno:

Perhaps newspaper story will have that detail.
I suppose, but from what I've read he's just a guy that got healthy scratched a lot in Ontario. I guess if it's a late pick swap it makes sense, though they'd wind up on the losing end of that one this year if they're the same round picks.

Could be that the Kings have given up and just wanted him gone. When we have a similar situation, perhaps they get the first call.

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
I guess this move is for depth, but seems a bit of a head scratcher. 121 games in OHL and only 33 points? Maybe he is some wiz PK guy?
The opposite. The general scouting report is Leslie skates well, has some offensive skill, is bad defensively, OK size, played both left and right side on D. Those are his AHL stats, though. He had 98 points in 117 games his last 2 seasons in the OHL.

As far as return, I'd guess something like a conditional 2020 7th rounder based on if Vegas re-signs Leslie.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
Then that would be a conditional pick, not a future considerations.
Eh, I've seen a conditional pick reported as future considerations in the past (fairly certain I saw it as such in the Rob Blake trade back in 2001). Either way, I'd expect the future considerations in this trade to amount to nothing or basically nothing.

Edit: Blake Traded to Avalanche
"Unwilling to sign Rob Blake for the $9.6 million he requested and unwilling to let him walk away as an unrestricted free agent, the Kings traded their Norris Trophy-winning defenseman and rookie center Steven Reinprecht to the league-leading Colorado Avalanche late Wednesday for right wing Adam Deadmarsh, defenseman Aaron Miller, a first-round draft pick in the June entry draft, a player from a group of prospects and unspecified future considerations."
The player ended up being Jared Aulin, and the unspecified future considerations ended up being a 2003 first round draft pick (Brian Boyle) when the Avs re-signed Blake.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Where did you see that? It was future considerations aka nothing.

You are right, I thought I had read that from a source I trust, but I went back and there was no such thing. I may have confused this trade with one of the many what-if trade deadline discussions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad