Proposal: Trade Thread Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Drouin has most probably mental health issue so you might want to compare both when they were healthy, like last year playoffs... You would still take Domi ?

I'm all for trading Drouin, but not for Domi or other overrated and overpaid players. Anyways, this team should try to rebuild instead of patching holes.
So here you are using the absolute worst from Domi and the absolute best for Drouin?

How about comparing them in 2019?

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Drouin probably played his last game with this team.

Wonder how Bergevin will deal with the situation, I was looking around the league to find an other struggling player or someone of the same level and I feel there is so many ways this could go. I don’t like him, but I’m positive he still has value around the league GMs know how Montreal is and how much pressure it can put a local player. I could see manu being interested in a 50-60pts playmaking winger like Drouin especially at his age where he is more mature than he was before.

I’ll probably cut my eyes if it has anything to do with Seattle, Drouin free is an automatic pick up from Seattle just a no brainer. This is exactly the type of underachieving player that would blow up like what we saw with Vegas. Unless he is traded there for something of value or a mix of you get Drouin + we will leave this “x” player unprotected for a 1st round or for a player that Seattle could possibly pick up elsewhere that’s good but less interesting than a Drouin + X combo. I wouldn’t even be surprised to see them pick up Byron, he could be the type of guy to have a good season with more playing type (which would be a godsend) but with Chiarot/Edmundson and Allen available maybe they will go elsewhere.

Marc will have a lot of work this summer. He completely need to rebuild that entire left side, Drouin is gone, Tatar is free agent (I wouldn’t mind him back, he plays hard, he has talent, can score and compete defensively), Byron has to go or find his game again and Lekhonen should be here as he is a sure value to have on the team. If Drouin is gone (probably for an Lw or a defensemen which would be funny), You need an Lw to put in front of Tatar or who ever they decide to brin in.

Jul 6, 2016
Drouin probably played his last game with this team.

Wonder how Bergevin will deal with the situation, I was looking around the league to find an other struggling player or someone of the same level and I feel there is so many ways this could go. I don’t like him, but I’m positive he still has value around the league GMs know how Montreal is and how much pressure it can put a local player. I could see manu being interested in a 50-60pts playmaking winger like Drouin especially at his age where he is more mature than he was before.

I’ll probably cut my eyes if it has anything to do with Seattle, Drouin free is an automatic pick up from Seattle just a no brainer. This is exactly the type of underachieving player that would blow up like what we saw with Vegas. Unless he is traded there for something of value or a mix of you get Drouin + we will leave this “x” player unprotected for a 1st round or for a player that Seattle could possibly pick up elsewhere that’s good but less interesting than a Drouin + X combo. I wouldn’t even be surprised to see them pick up Byron, he could be the type of guy to have a good season with more playing type (which would be a godsend) but with Chiarot/Edmundson and Allen available maybe they will go elsewhere.

Marc will have a lot of work this summer. He completely need to rebuild that entire left side, Drouin is gone, Tatar is free agent (I wouldn’t mind him back, he plays hard, he has talent, can score and compete defensively), Byron has to go or find his game again and Lekhonen should be here as he is a sure value to have on the team. If Drouin is gone (probably for an Lw or a defensemen which would be funny), You need an Lw to put in front of Tatar or who ever they decide to brin in.

Re-build the left side ? Yes and no. Toffoli, Lehkonen, even Caufield could play on that side as well as Poehling. I dunno what they gonna do with Byron. and a Drouin's trade might bring back another lw.

Reactions: MadMslm

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
So here you are using the absolute worst from Domi and the absolute best for Drouin?

How about comparing them in 2019?
Domi sucks. He’s worse than Drouin. He’s f***ing terrible. Why would we compare the one season where he completely over achieved. This isn’t Domi. Domi is the 40-50 player with the -20 +/- that you see today. I’d take Drouin every time.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Re-build the left side ? Yes and no. Toffoli, Lehkonen, even Caufield could play on that side as well as Poehling. I dunno what they gonna do with Byron. and a Drouin's trade might bring back another lw.

I mean yes you could have Toffoli on the left side that wouldn’t be a problem with Anderson and Gallagher playing on the two first lines. And Lekhonen should stay, just with his defensive play and insane pressure on the forecheck he should always have a place on this team.

Only thing is all our wingers are right handed, it might not be a “problem” but it’s certainly not optimal for set plays and efficiency. Toffoli, Anderson, Gallagher, Armia, Perry, Caufield. Every winger in the top 9 is a nightie. For Caufield we still don’t know if he will be in the NHL next season or if he will play all year. Maybe rebuild is too strong of a word especially if you bring back Tatar, but with him and Tatar possibly gone we need someone from the outside that can bring offense.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Domi sucks. He’s worse than Drouin. He’s f***ing terrible. Why would we compare the one season where he completely over achieved. This isn’t Domi. Domi is the 40-50 player with the -20 +/- that you see today. I’d take Drouin every time.

ideally, we don't have to see either in a habs jersey again...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

We’ll have to pay to move Drouin, there will be no LW coming back unless we add significantly.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Starting package for Jack Eichel

Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Alexander Romanov
Jonathan Drouin
1st round pick

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I don’t know who wouldn’t make that trade except, Buffalo.
Looks realistic trade proposal actually, which is rare on the forum. Franchise center costs. KK has unfixable skating technique problem that limits him. Romanov is good prospect but nothing special. Late 1st round pick, again, nothing special. Then there's Drou Drou. Most likely that wouldn't be enough for Buffalo.

Reactions: Vachon23

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Looks realistic trade proposal actually, which is rare on the forum. Franchise center costs. KK has unfixable skating technique problem that limits him. Romanov is good prospect but nothing special. Late 1st round pick, again, nothing special. Then there's Drou Drou. Most likely that wouldn't be enough for Buffalo.
That’s what I said. Never said it was a terrible trade. Just one that Buffalo can likely do better with another team like LA or NY.

Reactions: Vachon23

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Drouin has no value and Seattle is not picking him up. His career is basically hanging by a thread at this point. This should be crystal clear to everybody. My guess is that he will be placed on LTIR for all of next season, then traded the season after to a team willing to take a chance on him with one year left on his contract. All possible metrics indicate that Drouin is basically Yakupov bad. Yes, he looks like he should be good, but unfortunately, he's terrible.

To me, these are the forwards that are guaranteed to be on the team next year:
Centers: Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Evans and Poehling
Wingers: Toffoli, Anderson, Gallagher, Caufield, Lehkonen.

That's nine players already.

Byron cannot be traded or waived, and he will not be bought off next season, so he is on the team by default. Think of him as the 13th forward.

In terms of our AHL prospects, Ylonen is the closest one to being ready, but he will spend another year in the AHL.

These are our UFAs of importance: Danault, Tatar, Armia, and Perry. I think they bring back Perry on a one-year contract, and re-signed Armia for three years. Tatar is 30 and will be looking for his last big contract. MB always makes the mistake of giving a big contract to players like Tatar, but I don't think he will do it this time. Armia could be signed in the $3M range, and I think he brings something different to this team, even with all of his inconsistencies.

The key situation to resolve is Danault. I am now convinced that the best thing to do is just to let him go. The biggest mistake the organization could do would be to re-sign him. Both Poehling and Evans have the potential to be better Cs than him, even by next year. However, MB will not be able to let Danault walk. Part of it is his love for defensively-responsible grinders, part of it is the Quebecois thing. Unfortunately, I don't think we can dodge this bullet. I hope Danault holds out for crazy money and force Bergevin to let him go. That's the only way this ends well for the Habs.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Maybe not as Laine is UFA after 1-more season (and significantly more expensive cap hit) whereas Drouin is under a more manageable contract

Plus, if the plan is to keep Caufield in the NHL, Montreal probably needs the cap space to clean up their D and get LWer a lot more than Laine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->