Proposal: Trade Thread Part 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
There’s talks tsn radio Alex Killorn and Josh Anderson will be a Hab. Domi will be resigned.

Hudon for Killorn

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
There’s talks tsn radio Alex Killorn and Josh Anderson will be a Hab. Domi will be resigned.

Hudon for Killorn
That's great but still no elite skill in the lineup. Players like Suzuki, KK, Drouin would have to step up and have career years to make a difference and we'd have to remove some existing bodies from the lineup.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I am with Pierre Lebrun...why trade Domi when his value is low... it's a terrible investment decision.

While it's true. Galchenyuk also didn't have good value and they were saying they shouldn't move him because the return would be low. They were able to get Domi in return for him. And that is a move that has benefited the Habs.

So while I agree that selling low is not a good investment, MB has already done it and came out of that trade with a positive.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
While it's true. Galchenyuk also didn't have good value and they were saying they shouldn't move him because the return would be low. They were able to get Domi in return for him. And that is a move that has benefited the Habs.

So while I agree that selling low is not a good investment, MB has already done it and came out of that trade with a positive.

Galchenyuk had several unproductive years before being traded.
Domi has more character and an edge to his game...which Galchenyuk never had.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Galchenyuk had several unproductive years before being traded.
Domi has more character and an edge to his game...which Galchenyuk never had.

Which would lead me to believe that even after a down year, Domi would be able to bring in a better return. Because if Galchenyuk isn't putting up points, he's not effective. Domi, as you say, plays with more of an edge, he's also faster, and is better with the puck.

I'm also of the opinion that I don't need to have Domi traded. I will be happy if they keep him. I just wish they're not closed to the idea that he HAS to play center.

Reactions: phillytennis

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Hudon for Killorn
Add 3-players and really roll 4-lines? I’ll take it. Yes elite talent is preferred but that’d make for real good depth, the 4th line w Domi as C would have advantage over every 4th opposing line IMO. Potentially that’d be Byron-Domi-Lekhonen/Armia

Reactions: angusyoung

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Which would lead me to believe that even after a down year, Domi would be able to bring in a better return. Because if Galchenyuk isn't putting up points, he's not effective. Domi, as you say, plays with more of an edge, he's also faster, and is better with the puck.

I'm also of the opinion that I don't need to have Domi traded. I will be happy if they keep him. I just wish they're not closed to the idea that he HAS to play center.

Adam....I agree Domi should be considered a winger first with possibility of playing centre especially if Suzuki or Kotkiniemi are in slump or are injured.

John B

Nov 19, 2016

Hudon for Killorn
It would leave the Habs in a cap crunch unless they move someone with a high cap hit. Habs have a little over $10M in cap space. Killorn's cap hit is $4.45M. Domi's will likely be $5M or more. I can't see Anderson resigning for less than $3M on a short term deal (1 or 2 years). If he signs a longer term deal it will likely be in the $4M range. Habs also have other RFAs to resign (Mete and Juulsen) unless they don't qualify them and let them walk or trade them.
So it depends on who would be going the other way in the Anderson deal and/or wether or not Tampa Bay retain any salary on Killorn (which would be unlikely if they're dealing him for Hudon alone).

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
I would definately be down to go after Josh Anderson. I know the guy had 1 goal in 26 games last season but I believe he would be a good fit for Montreal.
He's got good speed, he's big and goes in front of the net (which is useful on the PP), got a decent shot and can play on PK as well.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
No, what I said is Mete himself is only valuable if he becomes a premier defensive defenceman. He provides zero offence. No shot, no creativity. So to provide any type of value he needs to be elite defensively. Unfortunately he’s small and gets beat along the boards and in front of the net with ease. He’s just great in open spaces and carrying the puck out. So really he’s in limbo. He can’t be relied upon to play big shutdown minutes because of his size and he can’t be put into an offensive role because he‘s not good at it.

Vancouver isn’t keeping Virtanen because they have other contracts to give out. I mean I’m not suggesting trading Caufield for Virtanen. I’m saying Mete who is stuck on the bottom pairing and will soon be surpassed by Romanov. Not sure what else you expect to get for an undersized defensive defenceman.

Lol... So you do not see the bias in your framing?

Mete, on pace for 6 goals (none pp) despite bottom pairing role on his off-side, can only succeed as a defensive dman...

Yet the older Virtanen who was on pace for 20 goals, 1/3 of which on the pp with one of the best young C's in the league, is somehow a more certain bet of filling a roster need?

I don't share your bias, nor your assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad