Proposal: Trade Thread #59

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I believe Danault is very important to this team.....but not at 5.5m$ to 6m$......even in a flat cap era he’s not worth this.

Anywhere between 4.25m$ to 5m$ for 5-6yrs is Danault’s value......
come on ! Pageau is making 5m$ and isn't as good as Danault. This last is one of the top 5-7 defensive players of the NHL . His contribution to the team is worth a lot more than a 4,25m$ player .

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I think the Hawks have a bit more leverage if they move Kane with retention down to $9M. It's not likely to happen but as always... fun to talk about
The more they retain, the more value he has.

There isn’t one team out there that can afford Kane where he’s willing to lift the no movement.

A 7m$ Kane.....now you have my attention

My untouchables (Kids) are Suzuki, KK, Romanov, Guhle, Primeau......anyone else....On jase

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
come on ! Pageau is making 5m$ and isn't as good as Danault. This last is one of the top 5-7 defensive players of the NHL . His contribution to the team is worth a lot more than a 4,25m$ player .
I respect your opinion......let’s just let it play out......maybe you’re right, I dunno, I’m not an expert in this lol

I hope they sign him though.

Drive425

Jul 24, 2006
St Louis Du Haha
We would be lucky to get Danault for under $5M. How much does he really like it in Montreal and what does he do next season? Pretty sure he's asking for $6M ish but I'd give him $5.5M. I think $5M or under is a steal.

Danault brings a lot to the table and is an important cog in this team but if he signs north of $5M it will hurt this club in a flat cap environment.

Habaholic25

Oct 22, 2020
It's probably just right.....but I don't want to give up Caufield....so no from me.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Caufield too but man... adding Kane who has 3 years left like Weber? I think that would be a game changer while we still have Weber and Price for good years.

Kane / Suzuki / Anderson
Tatar / Danault / Gallagher
Drouin / Kotkaniemi / Toffoli
Poehling / Evans / Lehkonen

Chiarot / Weber
Edmundson / Petry
Kulak / Romanov

Price
* Sign C Anderson if he is willing to play with us for $700k

Reactions: Eegs

Habaholic25

Oct 22, 2020
Who is gonna pay 5m$ for a player who’s maxed out a 12 goal Season with the teams best wingers??

i know he brings a lot more but you don’t pay top dollars for a player to play good defence.

anywhere he goes as in a good team, will see him on the 3rd line playing his strong defensive hickey while chipping in 35-40pts.

In my opinion, the value for this is south of 5m$ and 1 dollar.

I like the player very much.....we’ll see I guess

I see where you are going with this and it's likely what Bergevin is thinking as well. He's going to offer a contract like the Sens did with Duclair and tell Danault to explore the market to see if others will offer more than ours. Could back fire on the Habs or it could back fired on Danault like it appears to have with Duclair.

Habaholic25

Oct 22, 2020
The more they retain, the more value he has.

There isn’t one team out there that can afford Kane where he’s willing to lift the no movement.

A 7m$ Kane.....now you have my attention

My untouchables (Kids) are Suzuki, KK, Romanov, Guhle, Primeau......anyone else....On jase

Might have to be $7M or $8M (retention) cause I looked at 21/22 and it's a challenge in terms of cap space.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Who is gonna pay 5m$ for a player who’s maxed out a 12 goal Season with the teams best wingers??

i know he brings a lot more but you don’t pay top dollars for a player to play good defence.

anywhere he goes as in a good team, will see him on the 3rd line playing his strong defensive hickey while chipping in 35-40pts.

In my opinion, the value for this is south of 5m$ and 1 dollar.

I like the player very much.....we’ll see I guess
Danault got 2 seasons of 13 goals and one from a 71 games season. Just to put facts here .

He didn't play with the best wingers . He played with the best scorer. End.
Tatar being the best winger of the Habs is a joke. Drouin, Suzuki, Domi if put at wing were better options (when in health.) And to end, Gally never pass the puck, and Danault played rarely on the PP , so obviously he'll never get a tone of goals considering he isn't an offensive star .

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Danault got 2 seasons of 13 goals and one from a 71 games season. Just to put facts here .

He didn't play with the best wingers . He played with the best scorer. End.
Tatar being the best winger of the Habs is a joke. Drouin, Suzuki, Domi if put at wing were better options (when in health.) And to end, Gally never pass the puck, and Danault played rarely on the PP , so obviously he'll never get a tone of goals considering he isn't an offensive star .
I understand your post.....the eventual contract extension will reveal It all

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Pageau is a pretty natural comparative for Danault in my book, I could see that being a good starting point. We might have to adjust it to the current cap reality a bit but he'd be dumb to aim for anything less. The dude is gonna want his pay day at this point in his career, it's only fair.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Habaholic25

Oct 22, 2020
Pageau is a pretty natural comparative for Danault in my book, I could see that being a good starting point.

In Bergevin mind yes, but not with Danault and his agent. Danault has to be careful here. Habs are planning to roll three 2nd lines and Danault is a big part of that but if he gets selfish and demands $6M+, the Habs might part ways and Danault might not like how his new coach uses him on other teams.

Danault has to realize that every signal team in the NHL considers him a shutdown 200' center. Danault needs a reality check if he thinks he is a 60 pts center. He got to play with our best two wingers while others like Drouin, Domi, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi got spread thin.

Lets do 3 years at $5M. If he is the center he thinks he is, he can continue to prove it and is a UFA at 30 when the cap likely is much higher than today. Works for the Habs and Danault. If he wants more than $5M, I'd be open to 5 or 6 years at $5.5M

Habaholic25

Oct 22, 2020
I respect your opinion......let’s just let it play out......maybe you’re right, I dunno, I’m not an expert in this lol

I hope they sign him though.

I have Danault between Pageau and Nelson on the Islanders. Heard this before and I agree with it. However, both Pageau and Nelson got their deals before Covid derailed the cap growth. If Danault wants a high AAV, I'd offer a 2 or 3 year deal at $5M. Then let him try to cash out after that with a higher salary cap. I feel this is what both Bergevin and Danault settle on

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I have Danault between Pageau and Nelson on the Islanders. Heard this before and I agree with it. However, both Pageau and Nelson got their deals before Covid derailed the cap growth. If Danault wants a high AAV, I'd offer a 2 or 3 year deal at $5M. Then let him try to cash out after that with a higher salary cap. I feel this is what both Bergevin and Danault settle on

Exactly; people aren't taking the flat cap for the next few seasons under consideration when it comes to contracts...every team is gonna be cap-strapped for the next few years (unless you're the Sens), and so every GM is gonna have to fit their visions into a smaller box than what they're used to...Danault wants a big contract, sign a one-or-two year "show me" deal, same as alot of kids are having to do with the situation...

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Ok, you don't, I certainly do.
Unless the salary cap no longer is an issue, you're going to have to send significant salary back to Chicago, which means Caufield can't be the biggest piece going to Chicago. And if you think Chicago is going to trade kane in a package where Caufield is the biggest piece going back, I don't think you know how much Kane is actually worth.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Unless the salary cap no longer is an issue, you're going to have to send significant salary back to Chicago, which means Caufield can't be the biggest piece going to Chicago. And if you think Chicago is going to trade kane in a package where Caufield is the biggest piece going back, I don't think you know how much Kane is actually worth.
You are assuming a lot on my behalf. I didn't say Caufield gets it done as the main piece, I said if. Also, I said if it works with the cap it's a no brainer.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
You are assuming a lot on my behalf. I didn't say Caufield gets it done as the main piece, I said if. Also, I said if it works with the cap it's a no brainer.
If you can get Kane in Montreal under the cap and the biggest piece we have to give up is Caufield, you HAVE to pull that trigger.
By your logic, IF we can get McDavid for Kulak, you HAVE to make that deal!! Ok, cool.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Exactly; people aren't taking the flat cap for the next few seasons under consideration when it comes to contracts...every team is gonna be cap-strapped for the next few years (unless you're the Sens), and so every GM is gonna have to fit their visions into a smaller box than what they're used to...Danault wants a big contract, sign a one-or-two year "show me" deal, same as alot of kids are having to do with the situation...

sens and red wings... those two teams are really well positioned to come out of this year very much ahead. The cap space and prospect pool (moreso Sens, but I bet by the end of next offseason the red wings have built up a top-5 prospect group) they have could be seriously weaponized to build the based of long term contention. Sucks that they are both in our division at a time where we've loaded up on mid-tier depth.

Danault, unless he were to take a significantly team-friendly deal, really should be a prime trade chip used this season to get a 1st ++, ditto Tatar or Armia. He's just not good enough to be a top-6 C if we want to contend over next 2-4 years, and would be too expensive pencilled in as a 3rd C with how much money MB has sprinkled around depth roles already.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
WTF is this Kane talk about? Not realistic at all.

High cap, rw position, costly assets to acquire

one thing is for certain with MB’s recent long term signings .... the habs are going to need high performing, ELC/bridge contract players. Romanov, norlinder, Caufield, KK, Suzuki. Can’t trade these guys for 10M + players.

Reactions: Roadhouse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad