Proposal: Trade Thread #59

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Bergevin is salivating over Chicago’s rebuilding letter to their fans. Time to acquire Kane Toews
The connection with Chicago is interesting for sure, plus the first line W spot will be open if Tatar leaves.

The ask for Kane would be astronomical though.

Cold Coffee

Elite/Franchise/Generational/BPA
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
The connection with Chicago is interesting for sure, plus the first line W spot will be open if Tatar leaves.

if we could get him without kotka/suzuki/caufield i’d be down

gally - suzuki - p.kane
caufield - kotka - andy

line 1 would be like boston’s perfection line. i feel like marchand and gally have always had similar career projections and playing with more skilled players could see him getting more points. suzuki and patrick kane wouldn’t be too bad lol.

Last edited:

Gael

Aug 21, 2020
If Ovechkin hits the open market next summer I'd be all in on getting him on a 2 year, 10M AAV deal. If KK and Suzuki progress even more and we have playoff success, I think we'd be an attractive destination. Maybe Kovy sells him on coming here ;)

edit: maybe he doesn't need that much convincing lol

Ovechkin: I would love to play for Canadiens - Sportsnet.ca

“Yeah, probably, if I would have a choice,” Ovechkin said. “The culture, the atmosphere, the city . . . If I wasn’t in Washington? Yes, here.”

would be sick
Would be so awesome to see Ovie in a habs jersey

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks G situation is mess

Do you guys think Demchenko can be grabbed since Allen now blocks any possible path to NHL for him in Montreal?

Would Habs be looking for any 4th line veteran talent ala a David Kampf or Ryan Carpenter?

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB

Do you guys think Demchenko can be grabbed since Allen now blocks any possible path to NHL for him in Montreal?

Would Habs be looking for any 4th line veteran talent ala a David Kampf or Ryan Carpenter?
I don't think there was ever a plan for Demchenko to see NHL time this year beyond as an insurance goalie if we lose like three guys to injury. There's an argument to be made he slots sixth on our depth chart- that said I doubt we'd sign the guy and turn around and trade him before ever starting a season with the org.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't think there was ever a plan for Demchenko to see NHL time this year beyond as an insurance goalie if we lose like three guys to injury. There's an argument to be made he slots sixth on our depth chart- that said I doubt we'd sign the guy and turn around and trade him before ever starting a season with the org.

I think he would be happy with Hawks situation in which he would be competing for #1 job rather then being 5th/6th on Habs depth chart if traded

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I think he would be happy with Hawks situation in which he would be competing for #1 job rather then being 5th/6th on Habs depth chart if traded
I mean yeah, probably true. It just wouldn't be very characteristic of any NHL GM to trade away a Euro FA he just acquired though, before even seeing them at training camp. In terms of needs, we're incredibly deep upfront right now. We'd probably rather a moderately intriguing prospect, like an Altybarmakyan or Niklas Nordgren. Or a late pick, though we've got an overabundance of those as well.

Bergevin is a sucker for depth forwards though, so you might get your wish.

Cold Coffee

Elite/Franchise/Generational/BPA
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
ovi - kotka - gally
drouin - suzuki - anderson

would be so fun. caufield would learn a lot from ovi. i have no clue how it would work cap wise. no one thought petro would leave stl maybe we can get ovechkin. he already said he would choose to play here if he wasn’t in washington. obviously just speculating but there’s a bit of stuff there.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017

It will start with Cole Caufield + Kaiden Guhle and first round pick. Starting point.

Kane Kotkaniemi Anderson

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Habs are likely going to trade Lindgren and go with Primeau and Demchenko/McNiven in the AHL.

They'd probably just want an AHL body in return for Lindgren.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

You would be better with Lindgren then with Demchenko honestly. I could something like Weal + Lindgren vs Carpenter + AHL player like Quennville

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Their G situation is a mess, and you want them to go for Demchenko?

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Moving Tatar?

ouof the Habs forwards Tatar is a player who I think has value. One because he’s a top 6 forward with salary under $5 mil. He’s a sure 20 goals per season winger. He’s a regular season player.

We need the cap space for Danault. So I think it’s between Tatar and Drouin.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Moving Tatar?

ouof the Habs forwards Tatar is a player who I think has value. One because he’s a top 6 forward with salary under $5 mil. He’s a sure 20 goals per season winger. He’s a regular season player.

We need the cap space for Danault. So I think it’s between Tatar and Drouin.

We need the cap space by beginning of next year. Yzerman was VP in Detroit when they drafted Tatar, maybe they want him back depending on what Bergevin asks for.

Byron to Ottawa and/or Tatar to Detroit and/or Armia to a Western team, is what I see depending on how much salary they actually need to send out next offseason.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
1 trade I would do with DET is:

TO :wings
Adam Erne
Alex Biega

TO:habs
Jordan Weal
Brett Kulak

We would get some sandpaper to used on the 4th line and depth on the RD and we would save a little bit more then 1m on the salary cap.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think the best course of action would be trading away Weal and signing Josh Leivo. We could send Weal down and sign Leivo to a 1 year 700k contract, but we would have like 8k in cap space lol.

Last edited:

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
Is there any interest for Weal?
I mean if you give me a late pick for him I'll take him otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->