Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Well we'll see about that. I'm not convinced his 27 goal season and fast start this year weren't aberrations and that his anemic production last year and since his fast start this year aren't the norm.

88 goals on 355 games in the NHL (reg + playoffs) since the beginning of his career.

= 20 goals / season

this season : 20 goals / 67 games = 0.3 goals / g
Last two seasons with clb : 29 goals / 118 games = 0.25 goal / game

A 20 goal scorer will obviously be inconsistent. You will have good stretches and less good stretches.

Also he is the king of players to play injured and sometimes his productions can suffer.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
88 goals on 355 games in the NHL (reg + playoffs) since the beginning of his career.

= 20 goals / season

this season : 20 goals / 67 games = 0.3 goals / g
Last two seasons with clb : 29 goals / 118 games = 0.25 goal / game

A 20 goal scorer will obviously be inconsistent. You will have good stretches and less good stretches.

Also he is the king of players to play injured and sometimes his productions can suffer.

I'm not going by stat watching. I'm going by how I see him playing.

But yeah, if he's been playing injured the last 54 games, that would explain his anemic production, and suggest he has more ability than he's shown.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
I'm not going by stat watching. I'm going by how I see him playing.

But yeah, if he's been playing injured the last 54 games, that would explain his anemic production, and suggest he has more ability than he's shown.

I think it’s because you are maybe expecting something that he is not.

like guy boucher is saying, you have to know what you are buying.

with Anderson it’s size, speed, grit and some goals. This is what he has provided since he is part of Montreal.

is he an offensive dynamo? No
is he a great passer ? No
is he dynamic ? No
is he best suited for PP? Probably not

But obviously if you are expecting more, I can understand why you are disappointed.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think it’s because you are maybe expecting something that he is not.

like guy boucher is saying, you have to know what you are buying.

with Anderson it’s size, speed, grit and some goals. This is what he has provided since he is part of Montreal.

is he an offensive dynamo? No
is he a great passer ? No
is he dynamic ? No
is he best suited for PP? Probably not

But obviously if you are expecting more, I can understand why you are disappointed.

Can he become sound positionally on the defensive end? I hope so.
Can he go into the corner and come out with the puck and generate a cycle once in a while instead of just hitting and letting the other team come out with the puck? I hope so.
Can he make a passing play with his linemates? I hope so.

Getting 20 goals but killing any passing plays with your linemates and not being good defensively I have a problem with.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Can he become sound positionally on the defensive end? I hope so.
Can he go into the corner and come out with the puck and generate a cycle once in a while instead of just hitting and letting the other team come out with the puck? I hope so.
Can he make a passing play with his linemates? I hope so.

Getting 20 goals but killing any passing plays with your linemates and not being good defensively I have a problem with.
His passing play was no better in Columbus. We mostly traded for a younger Gallagher but with size and speed with.... way too much terms... like Gallagher. Feel like this team should only have 1 of the 2 as RW. With Caufield whos already better than Anderson and Gallagher is a bad problem because both players are there for 6 more years and 1 is already on the decline.

I really wish we would have waited for Gallagher , Anderson as #2 RW would have been nice with Caufield as #1

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
it's going to be a huge offseason for Bergevin. If he believes the team is close to being a regular playoff team.
1) needs to keep Allen at all cost to let Price rest
2) needs to find another Dman who can contribute offensively on a regular basis
3) needs to figure out LW situation with Drouin and Tatar most likely gone
4) Needs to resign Danault
Well needs to resign Danault is a stretch IMO.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
We won’t agree there, your giving no asset that have prove that can be stud player in the NHL and a late pick when they reportedly searching for a top 10 pick in the offer
I’m pretty sure we need to include one of Suzuki or Caufield on top of Romanov and our first. I’d do it with Suzuki for sure. I keep Caufield at any cost.

so Suzuki, Romanov, 1st and Drouin for Eichel. I personally don’t think that package gets beat. And I am more than ok with a center line of Eichel, KK, Danault and Evans.

Reactions: DAChampion

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Yes Lindholm is a stud, a 5 vs 5 machine, one of the best defensive D in the league and he can bring offense. He’s underrated because he plays for the Ducks but the guy is really good. Our 1st pick will be very late and it’s a weak draft, Poehling still didn’t show that he can be a regular in the NHL and Harris doesn’t have that much value, kind of prospect that every team have
Replacing Harris with Romanov in that package would make it interesting for Anaheim.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think the leafs will make a big push for Tkachuk.

I could also see Sens try to get him and have the brothers play together. They're both LW's, but I think Matthew can play on his off wing.

A Tkachuk - Brown - Tkachuk line could be a really good first line.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I'm a little torn on moving picks this year. I think it's gonna be such a crapshoot that we might just luck into some good players with the amount of picks we have.

Normally I'd say we try and move up, not this year

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Would anyone do a Drouin for OEL + 30% salary retained?

Not saying i would, but given that Drouin is done here, it would be 2 teams swapping their headaches

Last edited:

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Who wouldn’t do that ? Except Arizona
Why wouldn't Arizona? They want to get out of the monstrosity of a contract given to OEL which i don't see any other team taking on.

2 years of Drouin plus 30% of OEL's salary = $25,850,000 vs. paying all of OEL's $49,500,000 owing to him.

A savings of $23,650,000 for them.

Reactions: Benstheman

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Why wouldn't Arizona? They want to get out of the monstrosity of a contract given to OEL which i don't see any other team taking on.

2 years of Drouin plus 30% of OEL's salary = $25,850,000 vs. paying all of OEL's $49,500,000 owing to him.

A savings of $23,650,000 for them.

The thing is i don't think Drouin has value but i think OEL has value at 6M$ per. So i'm pretty sure Habs would have to add picks to Drouin to make it work.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I’m pretty sure we need to include one of Suzuki or Caufield on top of Romanov and our first. I’d do it with Suzuki for sure. I keep Caufield at any cost.

so Suzuki, Romanov, 1st and Drouin for Eichel. I personally don’t think that package gets beat. And I am more than ok with a center line of Eichel, KK, Danault and Evans.

Suzuki for me is a no go, like the Dubois situation I'm only interest in pairing Suzuki with another high end center.

KK + Romanov + Drouin + 1st + 2nds imo would be incredibly tough to beat as a package.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I could see Ottawa trading for Tkachuk. They have a lot of assets and might be motivated to have both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad