Trade Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Fantasy Talk' started by WithOutPaperss, Oct 23, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. WithOutPaperss

WithOutPaperss Made it Look Sexy

Want to know some opinions on this trade. 12 team league. Goalie stats are: W, SV%, GAA, SO Player stats are: G, A, GWG, PPP, PIMS, Hits, SOG, +/-

My goalies currently are: Hellebuyck, Jones, Crawford

Here is the trade:

I receive: Erik Karlsson, William Nylander

I give up: Hellebuyck

I didn't have a 3rd round pick this season so my depth was lacking, I felt like this is a risk I could afford as I am really high on Crawford (stole him in the 12th round).

Thoughts on if I won/lost/even trade? Other guy just lost Rinne to injury, could I have gotten more?

2. The NHL Rant

The NHL Rant Registered User

If Crawford is Crawford again, then this is a great trade. But the problem here is that it relies on too many unknowns. All of these have to go your way for this to be good:

1. Crawford sustains his good play and is back to form after a huge injury period.
    2. Chicago is a better team than predicted.
    3. Nylander is either traded and signed or signed in Toronto and it doesn’t drag on long after this trade.
    4. Karlsson doesn’t repeat a lacklustre season as he seems to be doing early on

I’d order the level of likelihood exactly in the reverse as this list. I could have stolen Crawford at 12th round too, actually, but I hate drafting question marks. But I’m not a gambler, and I tend to run teams based on proven track records rather than going all in on something that could win me the pool or lose me the pool