Trade: Sens acquire D Cody Goloubef from Boston for Fwd Paul Carey

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
At the least PD is getting rid of players who have no future with the Sens, unfortunately he is bringing in more players with no future with the Sens. Maybe it's good for Belleville, but that remains to be seen. I would rather him bring back picks/prospects for the future. Moving pieces for the sake of looking busy or so it looks like he is supposedly doing something doesn't cut it either. Do something that affects the NHL team in a positive way dufus like sign Duchene & Stone.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
At the least PD is getting rid of players who have no future with the Sens, unfortunately he is bringing in more players with no future with the Sens. Maybe it's good for Belleville, but that remains to be seen. I would rather him bring back picks/prospects for the future. Moving pieces for the sake of looking busy or so it looks like he is supposedly doing something doesn't cut it either. Do something that affects the NHL team in a positive way dufus like sign Duchene & Stone.
Maybe he is making room for the flood of AHL level prospects he will be getting back for both our stars ???Sniff

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Does Goloubef push Bergman to 7th D. They have Elliott as well another RD , just called up but not an NHL D man. Dorion knows that the handedness of the D is a consideration right?

On the Right side they have
Burgdoerfer
Goloubef
Elliott -- acquired this year
Bergman -- acquired for Hoffman along with Boedker

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bergman was always just a warm body for Belleville. I don`t think that anyone ever saw him as a guy with a future in the organization. If he gets pushed to 7th D or down to Brampton, oh well.

It`s worth noting that today we picked up both a former World Junior player for Canada, and a former first rounder. At one time, these guys were someone else`s blue chip prospects - a few short years later, they are filler on minor league deals. It just shows you how incredibly difficult it is to grade prospects and project how they might turn out...

Reactions: aragorn

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
I'm guessing Goloubef will be taping 10$ to the bulletin board the next time we pay the bruins.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
He's playing good minutes and looking pretty decent. What more would he do in the AHL?
He hasn’t looked good in the defensive zone, struggling most nights. Ceci is pretty bad too and is an awful d partner. Lajoie is better off in Belleville making a playoff run.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
He hasn’t looked good in the defensive zone, struggling most nights. Ceci is pretty bad too and is an awful d partner. Lajoie is better off in Belleville making a playoff run.

I mean you are entitled to your opinion. I just strongly disagree. He is an nhl caliber player who maybe getting some tougher assignments then he should but given circumstances he is progressing nicely. The AHL part of his career is finished. I like his game and how he is developing. I reckon most would agree here. Especially the ones that matter, aka staff, management and the players.

Reactions: Ed Wood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad