Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Getting Getzlaf at this stage in his career and with our trajectory would be a ridiculously savvy move. Ridiculously.

Would be tremendously valuable for Tkachuk and Stuetzle above all. Logan Brown and Norris secondarily.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Seeing Perry and Getzlaf in Sens uniforms would be surreal, and very much keeping with the 2020 theme.
Could give them a story book ending to their careers. They won the Stanley Cup vs Ottawa at the very start of their careers and they could win a cup with Ottawa at the very end of their careers.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Maybe if we signed Perry to a 1YR deal and brought him back he could convince Getzlaf to sign in Ottawa next year.

But I doubt it. We're probably not going to contend for years at least.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I dont even want to sign Getzlaf, I would just take him for the mentorship this year, solidifying the 1st line centre then flip him at the deadline to a contender for assets. I would bring in Perry with the same understanding, mentor Brady a little since their play style is close then promise to trade to a contender at the deadline so he has a shot at another cup.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To Ann: Artem Anisimov C/LW & Anders Nilsson G or Mike Reilly LD
To Ottawa: Ryan Getzlaf C - trade at deadline

Sign: Cory Perry RW ----- 1 yr $2 Mil - trade at deadline

To Buff: Erik Brannstrom LD/RD (if required add Abramov LW/RW)
To Ottawa: Jack Quinn RW

Dadonov - Getzlaf - Perry
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Galchenyuk - Tierny - C. Brown
Paul - Chlapik - Watson/Balcers

Chabot - Zaitsev
Reilly - Gudbranson
Wolanin - J. Brown/Zub

Murray - Hogberg/Daccord

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Certainly you take it with a small mound of salt, but imagine a Center like Stutzle, Brown or Norris having a shot to break in with Tkachuk and Laine on his wings. Damn. That takes a lot of pressure off.

Tkachuk-Brown-Laine
Stuetzle-Norris-Batherson

lol that'd be a ridiculous top-6 in a year or two

Stuetzle-Norris-Batherson actually makes me think of a prime MacArthur-Turris-Ryan line (with Stuetzle being a high end talent instead)

Mac was no slouch though, one of my favorite Sens goal ever :

Pinto and Thomson for laine I’ll sign off

That'd be more like Logan Brown, Lassi Thomson, Rudolf Balcers and a 2nd round pick

Unfortunately for the Sens, Jets wouldn't agree if the Sens don't add their 1st

Personally, I'd do it if that 1st is top-10 protected

It also depends on the market and what other teams would be ready to give up. With the current market, maybe that'd be an ideal to try to go after a big fish. Has to fit age wise.

Seeing Perry and Getzlaf in Sens uniforms would be surreal, and very much keeping with the 2020 theme.

lol what a Bryan Murray tribute it could be on opening home game. Too bad there'd be no fans in the stands.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
To Ann: Artem Anisimov C/LW & Anders Nilsson G or Mike Reilly LD
To Ottawa: Ryan Getzlaf C - trade at deadline

Sign: Cory Perry RW ----- 1 yr $2 Mil - trade at deadline

To Buff: Erik Brannstrom LD/RD (if required add Abramov LW/RW)
To Ottawa: Jack Quinn RW

Dadonov - Getzlaf - Perry
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Galchenyuk - Tierny - C. Brown
Paul - Chlapik - Watson/Balcers

Chabot - Zaitsev
Reilly - Gudbranson
Wolanin - J. Brown/Zub

Murray - Hogberg/Daccord

Come on man, Quinn would cost way, way more than that.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Tkachuk-Brown-Laine
Stuetzle-Norris-Batherson

lol that'd be a ridiculous top-6 in a year or two

Stuetzle-Norris-Batherson actually makes me think of a prime MacArthur-Turris-Ryan line (with Stuetzle being a high end talent instead)

Mac was no slouch though, one of my favorite Sens goal ever :

That'd be more like Logan Brown, Lassi Thomson, Rudolf Balcers and a 2nd round pick

Unfortunately for the Sens, Jets wouldn't agree if the Sens don't add their 1st

Personally, I'd do it if that 1st is top-10 protected

It also depends on the market and what other teams would be ready to give up. With the current market, maybe that'd be an ideal to try to go after a big fish. Has to fit age wise.

lol what a Bryan Murray tribute it could be on opening home game. Too bad there'd be no fans in the stands.

Yeah. I figured pinto and Thomson wouldn’t get it done lol.

Reactions: Xspyrit

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Not seeing it unless NYI ate 50% and add a sweetener. If Bailey was a UFA he would never have gotten 4 x 5M in this market. Too much term, money and AAV.

Uhhh, strong disagree on this one. Bailey is well worth his caphit and ever more worth his salary (17m/4yrs remaining). What I can't figure out is why NYI would consider trading him... he's their 2nd most consistent forward behind Barzal and arguably the 2nd best fwd overall.

Reactions: Xspyrit

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Uhhh, strong disagree on this one. Bailey is well worth his caphit and ever more worth his salary (17m/4yrs remaining). What I can't figure out is why NYI would consider trading him... he's their 2nd most consistent forward behind Barzal and arguably the 2nd best fwd overall.
Hoffman can’t get a contract and you think Bailey gets a 4 year deal in free agency this year, it’s laughable.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Hoffman can’t get a contract and you think Bailey gets a 4 year deal in free agency this year, it’s laughable.

You really think Hoffman cant get a contract? Do you really think Hoffman is better than Bailey? And you really think I'm the laughable one?

200.gif

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
You really think Hoffman cant get a contract? Do you really think Hoffman is better than Bailey? And you really think I'm the laughable one?

200.gif
My point is almost no one got term and money this year yet you seem to think Bailey at 31 years old would be able to get a 5M AAV over 4 years. That is laughable.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
My point is almost no one got term and money this year yet you seem to think Bailey at 31 years old would be able to get a 5M AAV over 4 years. That is laughable.

We literally just gave a lesser player who is basically the same age 15mil over 3 years. I think we would have very happily taken the better player for an extra 2mil over an extra year, as would several other teams. Toffoli got 17mil over 4 years and he doesnt sniff Bailey's jockstrap.

Bailey would have been the 2nd best forward on the market by a margin.

Did I miss a Hoffman signing ?

Are you implying he hasn't been offered one, or couldnt sign a contract right now if he wanted to? If so, thats one of the most clueless things I've ever read on here and I'm not gonna bother responding further.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We literally just gave a lesser player who is basically the same age 15mil over 3 years. I think we would have very happily taken the better player for an extra 2mil over an extra year, as would several other teams. Toffoli got 17mil over 4 years and he doesnt sniff Bailey's jockstrap.

Bailey would have been the 2nd best forward on the market by a margin.

Are you implying he hasn't been offered one, or couldnt sign a contract right now if he wanted to? If so, thats one of the most clueless things I've ever read on here and I'm not gonna bother responding further.
Dadanov has even if not better numbers since he returned to the NHL than Bailey has. Dadanov signed in Ottawa at 5M for 3 years which should tell you it was by far the best offer.

We will see on Bailey if they decide to move him, if they need to add a sweetener or retain some salary or both. You might have missed the part where the economics of the game have imploded and teams aren’t giving tern or spending big.

Hoffman will sign somewhere but he won’t get anywhere close to what he expected.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Dadanov has even if not better numbers since he returned to the NHL than Bailey has. Dadanov signed in Ottawa at 5M for 3 years which should tell you it was by far the best offer.

We will see on Bailey if they decide to move him, if they need to add a sweetener or retain some salary or both. You might have missed the part where the economics of the game have imploded and teams aren’t giving tern or spending big.

Hoffman will sign somewhere but he won’t get anywhere close to what he expected.

Bailey has matched Dadonovs production with far inferior linemates while being better at essentially every other aspect of the game. He's also coming off a playoff run where he was making great plays all over the ice and led an underdog team that made it to the conference finals in scoring.

By no means am I saying Bailey would only be dealt for a package with no cap coming back... thats a ridiculously far cry from saying he'd require 50% retention & a sweetener... you're massively shifting the goalposts here. I also firmly believe, based on, you know, the multiple examples I've given you of the only comparable forwards signed post-pandemic, that Bailey would easily get an identical or very similar contract to what he has currently if he hit the market this summer.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
Bailey has matched Dadonovs production with far inferior linemates while being better at essentially every other aspect of the game. He's also coming off a playoff run where he was making great plays all over the ice and led an underdog team that made it to the conference finals in scoring.

By no means am I saying Bailey would only be dealt for a package with no cap coming back... thats a ridiculously far cry from saying he'd require 50% retention & a sweetener... you're massively shifting the goalposts here. I also firmly believe, based on, you know, the multiple examples I've given you of the only comparable forwards signed post-pandemic, that Bailey would easily get an identical or very similar contract to what he has currently if he hit the market this summer.

Bailey has had some excellent linemates, Tavares, Barzal, Lee are all great players even when compared to Barkov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, and Hoffman.

Reactions: GCK

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Bailey has been blessed with pre decline Tavares and Barzal at centre and then some high end wingers on the opposite side like Anders Lee. I guess your premise is Bailey is an elite forward, maybe that’s the disconnect.

As for comparable you gave

Hall - 1 year 8M
Dadanov - 3 year 5M AAV
Toffoli- 4 years 4.25M AAV (3 years younger)
Hoffman - still unsigned

There were no 4 x 5M AAV contracts given out to forwards so saying Bailey would have set the market leaves me very skeptical.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
This guy doesn't seem particularly credible but some of the things he says do seem to be plausible.

The idea of signing Corey Perry on an inexpensive deal and trading for Ryan Getzlaf actually seems like it could happen. Both players play the style of hockey that the Sens are going for and both are very accomplished players that would make great mentors. A big factor that could influence this is that Bryan Murray drafted both players. Murray was like a 2nd father to Dorion and he has a lot of reverence for him. I could see Dorion bringing in both partly as a way to pay tribute to Murray. It is also an indication that Dorion is becoming more like Murray and for a GM to become more like their idol is a meaningful thing.

Depending on the cost and which players we give up these could be good moves. Maybe a Tierney for Getzlaf kind of deal could be worked out. But adding Perry and Getzlaf could actually go a long way in trying to go on a deep playoff run.

Colour me skeptical.

Rossi was never in the discussion at 5.

However Jack Quinn absolutely was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad