Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
There's a reason experienced GM's don't do anything drastic until the 20 game mark (or even until after Christmas). Because at times whatever happens up until then is can be largely irrelevant and not a true reflection of the strength of the team.

Remember when Buffalo turned the corner with that 10 game ripper in November? Yea I barely do either because they were absolute dogshit the rest of the year. Citing points pace after 14 games is just an insanely weak argument for justifying a trade of that magnitude.
Any chance you could remember any moves done early in the season that turned all right for a team that make the trade, move?

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
Im open to input here - here’s what I think.

Ennis was paid $1 and played like a 2+ player. White was paid $4 and played like a $1 player. You can look at every player and basically determine their WAR/Salary. If you build a $75 payroll where every player is providing equal or positive value you will have a great team.

We were led by $12 million of Duc, Brady, Chabot, Ennis, brown, and Pageau. If you had 20 players giving that type of Value your team will be a cup contender.

Mae had about $40+ million of compete dead space. Part Engineered to meet the cap and partly woth Ryan, White , Z types.

I get we won’t always have Chabot / Brady playing as well as they do for $1 but the idea stands.

Using WAR and salary to measure player value is fine by me. How are you getting your WAR numbers? The most commonly used model online values Stone quite highly, but in this thread, you are suggesting he more or less matched his contract value and compared him to Bobby Ryan. The model (Evolvinghockey) had him 12th among forwards in GAR and GAR/60 (1000+ minutes).

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Using WAR and salary to measure player value is fine by me. How are you getting your WAR numbers? The most commonly used model online values Stone quite highly, but in this thread, you are suggesting he more or less matched his contract value and compared him to Bobby Ryan. The model (Evolvinghockey) had him 12th among forwards in GAR and GAR/60 (1000+ minutes).

I guess I’m thinking more about a WAR than GAR and specifically something like WAR/million or war/million related to the expected WAR/Million.

Who is more valuable ? A $3.5 million dollar player who puts a a $3.5 type season or a $9.5 million player who puts up a $9.5 type season? Part of me wants to call them even, parts wants to favour a $9.5 season, but the $3.5 player will likely only under produce by $1-2.5 million.

Stone at 29 looks OK but who knows what type of season he will have at 34 with two kids and a bad back. He may put up a $3 million season making $9.5.

Is Duclair more valuable when he has a $6 million season when he makes $1.6 vs Bobby Ryan who makes 7 and has a $1.5 million season or Chris Tierney who makes $3.5 and has a $3.5 tpye season ?

Are you aware of any stay that correlates player salary to expected output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->