Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I wonder how much the Phillips game tonight has influenced PD not to start a sell off over the weekend that would have started up the usual chatter and distract from the game.

Specifically with Pager.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You're thinking too much.

Maybe and probable... ? However , this org has clearly taken a position to limit negative noise and I have heard they are expecting a big audience for the game. If Pager was traded yesterday half the chatter would be about that vs Phillips legacy stuff.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
The way I see it is, the only reason Pageau is not currently a member of the Canucks or Ligtning is due to Dorion's asking price and I have no problem with that.

Pageau to me is much more of a big ticket name than Coleman or Toffoli and if we as fans know that Pageau is a playoff performer, you can bet other teams scouts and G.Ms know it too. These guys get paid to find the right player to make a deep run; I will never forget all those deadlines where Ottawa was rumored to be acquiring a "playoff player", only to end up with a Varada, Arnason or Saprykin.

Yet still, those players would often give us a boost as we made deep runs in 2003 and 2007. So do not think for a second that some G.M is not drooling over the possibility of adding "Mr. Playoff hat-trick(s)" in JGP.

I know if he was available back in the day of our playoff runs, you can bet we would be willing to pay a premium to get him.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Maybe and probable... ? However , this org has clearly taken a position to limit negative noise and I have heard they are expecting a big audience for the game. If Pager was traded yesterday half the chatter would be about that vs Phillips legacy stuff.
Sure, maybe but if you start to think of who has been traded so far, Pageau is not the same type of player has those guys. How many trades so far? 5 if we start on Feb 5t, that's two weeks ago.

Leafs: Defense and backup goalie
Canucks: Offensive forward
Isles: Defensive help
Pitts: Cap space (Galchenyuk) and Zucker Offensive winger to play with Crosby
TBay: Energy guy and very physical 8th in hits last year.

His turn will come.

I was wrong about you thinking too much, you're not thinking enough.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
i think the rantenen injury takes Colorado out of any pageau sweepstakes. theyre not gonna go all in with two of their top 6 forwards out.

He's likely back for the playoffs, they have a couple options;

1. Treat him returning for the playoffs as their sole deadline deal,
2. Try to add someone to help them limp in to the playoffs and have him come back shortly before the playoffs.
3. Go all in and put Raatanen on LTIR until game one of the playoffs. Load up at the deadline using the cap relief created to in effect overshoot the cap (unlikely seeing as they already have oodles of cap space).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad