Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I feel like Demelo feels he deserves more money than Ottawa is willing to offer.

He's been plugged into a top 4 role and probably wants to be paid as such with term whereas Ottawa probably feels he's not truly as valuable as he thinks he is.

Pretty much.

Only problem is that Demelo is right: we need him more than he needs us.

We know how this team handles people who have leverage over them. They get traded.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
are you sure sogaard is part of the karlsson trade?

If we're just looking at what assets Ottawa got from Karlsson, which is what I think he is trying to do, Sogaard is part of the Karlsson trade. But that also means we have to account for 83rd overall being moved out on the other side since that's part of what we gave up to get Sogaard.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Two things stick out:

- How in the world is management still seemingly unsure about what the plan is for Pageau?!

- Our defense sucks: we only have one good dman in Chabot. Trading away Demelo strikes me as stupid; he isn't great but who's going to replace him?

Welcome to being an Ottawa Senators fan. Where we flat out get lied to in town halls hosted by the team! Org is a shit show.

Reactions: philb613

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
If DeMelo brings back a second the Karlsson return becomes Tierney, Norris, Balcers, Mads Sogaard, likely top 5 pick in June, 2020 second round pick (Vegas?) and 2021 second round pick (San Jose). Plus a season and a half of solid play from DeMelo. That's a hell of a haul.

The 2020 second round pick from San Jose is a Dallas Stars pick I believe.

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
17 points in his last 10 games. Kids a rising star and I hope his game translates. I think the team gives him at least a few games at the end of the season as a reward and he might be our answer to #2 center.
He will be our #1 centre.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
17 points in his last 10 games. Kids a rising star and I hope his game translates. I think the team gives him at least a few games at the end of the season as a reward and he might be our answer to #2 center.

And hopefully Byfield becomes our number 1 C answer.

On a real note, though, Norris is putting up numbers at an age that compare to players who have went on to become top liners.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Big Bruce is tossing crap against the wall sounds like.

Dorion isnt even giving him crumbs lol

that whole article was strange. Like how is the DeMelo extension difficult? He’s not even playing in that big of a role, he’s 4th on the teams defence in TOI. And why does he think that after the trade deadline there is less pressure to get a deal done for pageau? There’s still a deadline, it’s his contract expiring.

Reactions: DJB

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
The impression I get is that they feel they won't be able to sign Demelo, i.e. he doesn't really want to be part of this organization and the direction they are in. I mean, who blames him really...

He was asked a couple of weeks ago if he was worried about the trade deadline, he said he really likes it in Ottawa and hopes to stay, but they didn’t offer him a contract yet

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
I find it weird Bruce mentioned that Dorion and DeMelo’s camp aren’t even in the same ball park in terms of a contract. It would be a shame if the Sens are really lowballing him considering how evident his importance to the team is. I would like to believe DeMelo’s agent wants DeMelo to move to a contender and is asking for king’s ransom to stay in Ottawa but who knows at this point.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I understand that we are lacking in experienced d men but some of you guys are severely overrating demelo. In this new NHL, you need offence from your Defense. The guy is a black hole offensively. He has 7 career NHL goals. This year, no goals and 10 assists, playing a major role on a really bad hockey team. He will not get better then he is right now. If he was willing to sign for a couple years for cheap then sure, why not. But if he really is fancying himself a top 4 d man then trade him. Because he is not one

Reactions: Gesus and Crosside

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
The 2020 second round pick from San Jose is a Dallas Stars pick I believe.

correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Vegas got Dallas’s 2nd from trading Methot to Dallas. They then packaged that 2nd with brannstrom for Mark Stone (not part of the Karlsson trade)

they did get Florida’s 2019 2nd from the Karlsson trade though (which was traded up for Sogard)

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I find it weird Bruce mentioned that Dorion and DeMelo’s camp aren’t even in the same ball park in terms of a contract. It would be a shame if the Sens are really lowballing him considering how evident his importance to the team is. I would like to believe DeMelo’s agent wants DeMelo to move to a contender and is asking for king’s ransom to stay in Ottawa but who knows at this point.
It's almost as if they should have started negotiations before the middle of February.

Reactions: Sens72

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The impression I get is that they feel they won't be able to sign Demelo, i.e. he doesn't really want to be part of this organization and the direction they are in. I mean, who blames him really...
He quite clearly has stated he does wish to be here....i think this is more of a term issue

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Demelo wants to get paid as much as possible. That could be as high as 6x$5 type deal.

Ottawa values him as a 5-6 dman who is valuable under $2.5 million who can play up the lineup for a lottery team for a few seasons.

It is hard to see a situation where Demelo would give up a chance for a big pay day in a cold climate with poor taxes and no beeches.

You pretty much have to match or exceed Demelo’s view of the best possible offer from the other 30 teams.

Maybe reality sets in during the summer and the best he can get is $3.3 x 4. It is still better than Ottawa’s current offer (I assume).

It worked out “fine” for Dzingle.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I like the guy but he’s not irreplaceable. He’s a bottom pair guy and we have JBD coming who we won’t want to block.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Vegas got Dallas’s 2nd from trading Methot to Dallas. They then packaged that 2nd with brannstrom for Mark Stone (not part of the Karlsson trade)

they did get Florida’s 2019 2nd from the Karlsson trade though (which was traded up for Sogard)

You are correct, @Silencio was mixing up the two trades (Stone) when he mentioned the Vegas 2nd, which is not technically a Vegas 2nd round pick as the 2020 2nd round pick we acquired along with Brannstrom was as I mentioned already, the Stars pick and not their own 2nd rounder.

However the point stays the same that we did and up with a 1st and two 2nd's from the Karlsson trade along with the other prospects and players.

Good trade.

Reactions: Silencio

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
i think the rantenen injury takes Colorado out of any pageau sweepstakes. theyre not gonna go all in with two of their top 6 forwards out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->