Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Y'All Got Any More of Them Trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Twice.

"Less so than the impressions of random stans who think they their opinion matters."

"If you're so arrogant to dismiss analytics outright, you shouldn't value your own selective view on things either."

All because I disagreed that advanced stats were a good way of evaluating someone like Russell. Another poster commented on this.

The latter is a general comment about how those who dismiss analytics seem to perceive their own opinions, not an attack any one person. The former I clarified IMMEDIATELY saying we are all random stans when it comes to our subjective opinions on hockey.

This board has criteria for what constitutes a personal attack. Neither qualify. You calling me childish might, though.

Comparing how a team does when he plays one-third of a game to how they do when he's out of the lineup isn't a 47 game sample. And that wasn't even the point of the post. The point was to show he's not some crap player who is preventing his teams from winning.

If the point of that post was to show he's not preventing his teams from winning, it sure is odd the entire post was based and written around the idea that the teams are worse in small samples without him?

If you're going to say "this is the record with a player and without a player", the relevant sample is the time he missed. Otherwise all you're saying is "this is the record of this 23 man group he happens to be apart of". Which is nothing at all.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think I heard they were looking at moving the 7th overall pick too. Probably looking to be competitive next year. OEL is only signed two more years.

Makes sense I guess but they have the worst forward group in the league by far so it's going to take more than the return from the 7th pick to get that group to a competitive level.
Maybe they can get P. Kane for Goligoski. Strike while the iron is hot. :laugh:

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Exactly, can't believe the Nurse bashing on this board. I watched him regularly in the OHL when the Hounds came for visits vs the Knights, he is going to be just fine. A SOLID #3 maybe a #2.

I'm talking about NHL play here, any player can do spinoramas and dipsy doodles in the OHL

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Exactly, can't believe the Nurse bashing on this board. I watched him regularly in the OHL when the Hounds came for visits vs the Knights, he is going to be just fine. A SOLID #3 maybe a #2.

I'm a huge Nurse fan... Physically he's awesome and ready. When he fills out and the game slows down for him a bit, he is going to be a very valuable player. I think his Offence will grow and surprise some people.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
RNH and Pouliot (2M retained) for Barrie and Soderberg (2M retained)

I don't know if I'd do that deal but it makes some sense looking at our roster. Hamonic and his sweet deal would look a lot better on the backend considering the Russell signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad