Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part 17: What does "bold" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Did you not watch the games Arcobello played up here last year? He looked totally out of place.

Well, remind me how Gagner did in the AHL...oh wait, that's right I forgot, he was too busy playing full-time in the NHL. :shakehead

Guys I'm with you that Gagner may not be the long-term answer at 2C but to suggest Arcobello is....

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
You buy Horcoff out next year, not this.

As much as people hate Horcoff, he eats minutes and is still effective on the penalty kill. Unless you want Belanger on the 3rd line or to rush Lander....we need Horc for another year.

Except he contributes nothing in those minutes(Mact's comments about ineffectiveness apply to him), and might be the softest player in the lineup behind Belanger.

It has nothing to do with hate, two 2.5 - 3 million dollar a year 3rd liners > Horcoff puttering around like a senior citizen.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Chicago is looking for a number two center and doesn't seem too impressed with Bolland and Seabrook. How about this blockbuster:

To Chicago:
7th Overall Pick
Sam Gagner
Martin Marincin

To Edmonton:
Brent Seabrook
Dave Bolland
Andrew Shaw

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Get out of here Philli fan! We can't be making up random facts and rumours if you guys are coming in here to debunk them! :sarcasm:
I guess it is made up lol. I haven't seen one credible report from any of the Flyers beat writers or any other credible reporter. Was just curious if it was true or not. I'll be on my way now!

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Chicago is looking for a number two center and doesn't seem too impressed with Bolland and Seabrook. How about this blockbuster:

To Chicago:
7th Overall Pick
Sam Gagner
Martin Marincin

To Edmonton:
Brent Seabrook
Dave Bolland
Andrew Shaw

Edmonton runs out of this one like bandits.
I doubt Chicago does it.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Lowetide mentioned problems in CLB with Ryan Johansen today on his show....

http://www.jacketscannon.com/2013/5...season-is-ryan-johansen-going-to-be-a-problem

With Howson in Edm and the Oilers past interest in him, I would see if we could swing a trade for RyJo and R. Murray:

Gagner, Hemsky (1/2 salary), 1st rd pick 2013

for

Murray an RyJo

CBJ laugh at that deal--sorry.

Even though Murray was injured last season he will be a blue chipper. I am a huge Gagner fan and know his time is coming to an end with the oilers. even taking 1/2 of HEmsky contract still can not hide the fact he is so injury prone.

The 7th for Johnanson could get it down with the oilers adding the ducks 2nd.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
And this is the issue I have with this thinking....so CLB traded their star player and got 3 good players and improved. Even if they got to the playoffs were they a cup contender?

NO! Trading away Eberle or any of the other core pieces may or may not improve the club but I can guarantee that in either case we aren't winning a cup. In order to win a cup you need elite talent. We have 5 good pieces in Nuge, Hall, Ebs, Yak and JS. If the goal is to win a cup, you keep these pieces and fill out the rest of the roster to help the core.

Elite talent is the hardest thing to acquire. I figured most Oiler fans would understand this after what we have gone through for the last 20 years. Now that we have it you want to move it for lesser pieces?

Unless we are trading elite talent for elite talent, no way in trading any of the core pieces

The problem with that analogy is that after trading away Nash the BJ's really didn't have the same talent pool left over like the Oilers would.

Trading away one or two pieces of the youth movement to fill out the roster with some functional size is going to have to happen at some point.

Where else do you think it's going to come from? Draft picks and FA signings?

I agree.

And if, as management says, the big 5 are not the problem, then one can easily surmise that our bottom 6 IS a problem - and that includes Horcoff and Smyth.

Any GM worth his salt should be able to adequately fill out a bottom 6 without having to give up elite talent.

The one thing that might be hard to get that I think we need is a top pairing Dman. I believe that all of Smid, Petry, and J Schultz are solid top 4 guys - but we would need one more, ideally a defensive stud with a good breakout pass. Run a 3rd pairing of N Schultz (who I'm not really a fan of) and Klefbom (assuming he makes the team out of camp)

With what exactly? Do you really think that trading the current bottom six along with draft picks is going to fill out the rest of the roster with better players? Who in their right mind is going to give us these players for nothing?

I'd love to hear the trade proposals and FA signings that are going to bring in 6-8 new players that will make this a contending team without giving anything of value away, because we only have 6-7 pieces that have any value to other teams.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
In no way do I think we could get Ryan Murray, but with him likely stepping into a top 4 role sooner than later would we be able to pry out Fedor Tyutin from the Jackets? Signed long term at a reasonable number and is good at both ends of the ice. Another player who could help us out is Dubinsky. Anisimov and Bobrovski will both get a pay hike this summer and the jackets may look to shed some salary.

Tyutin, Dubinsky, 3rd
for
Gagner, Marincin, Hartikinen, Rajala, and 2014 1st

Then at the draft

7th overall, Horcoff, MPS
for
12th overall, Vermette, Samuelsson

Thought about Hanzel instead of Vermette and taking out Samuelsson, but I doubt the Yotes would part with him.

Hall Vermette Yaks
Dubinsky RNH Eberle

Tyutin Petry
Smid Shultz

Trade Hemsky for a third line center or winger with some grit and I think that would be a good start to the Mac T era.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything

http://www.jacketscannon.com/2013/5...season-is-ryan-johansen-going-to-be-a-problem

With Howson in Edm and the Oilers past interest in him, I would see if we could swing a trade for RyJo and R. Murray:

for

Murray an RyJo

I love posts like this. A report comes out stating that a player is potentially available, which is immediately followed by a trade proposal where said player isn't even the biggest piece coming back.

This example isn't nearly as bad as some that are out there, but still funny to me.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Johansen was rushed and frankly ruined by Howson.

He turned the corner late this season so I don't know what lowetide is smoking.

It's funny how him and Nino are going down the same path. What a stacked offense Portland has had the last 4 years.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Johansen was rushed and frankly ruined by Howson.

He turned the corner late this season so I don't know what lowetide is smoking.

It's funny how him and Nino are going down the same path. What a stacked offense Portland has had the last 4 years.

Read the articles.

He was benched for lazy play in the AHL playoffs, and the Columbus GM publicly questioned his work ethic.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
I love posts like this. A report comes out stating that a player is potentially available, which is immediately followed by a trade proposal where said player isn't even the biggest piece coming back.

This example isn't nearly as bad as some that are out there, but still funny to me.

You are on website proposing fantasy trades which have zero impact on any NHL trades.....the whole concept is hilarious. We all waste are time for zero results. Their actually might be no bigger waste of time then this place. But we still come and waste our time anyways which is amusing if you think about it

McJeetz

Feb 2, 2007

for

Murray an RyJo

Actually something around Gagner for RyJo does make sense for both teams

I would also propose something around Eberle for Alzner if we could land 1 or both of Clarkson and Horton

Hall Horc Yak
Horton RNH Clarkson
Harti RyJo MPS
Jones Lander Brown/Smyth

Alzner J.Shultz
Petry Smid
Klefbom N.Shultz
Fistric/Potter

The Perfect Human*

Actually something around Gagner for RyJo does make sense for both teams

I would also propose something around Eberle for Alzner if we could land 1 or both of Clarkson and Horton

Hall Horc Yak
Horton RNH Clarkson
Harti RyJo MPS
Jones Lander Brown/Smyth

Alzner J.Shultz
Petry Smid
Klefbom N.Shultz
Fistric/Potter

I'm not a fan of Gagner. But from a pure value perspective. An established 23yr old NHL player who scored at a 65pt clip this past season is worth more than a 21-year old who's best career point output in a season is about half of Gagner's worst.

I know people will bring up potential, intangibles, and 2-way play. But at the end of the day the gap in age here is only 3 years. Gagner has done a lot more to prove his pedigree than RyJo

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
And this is the issue I have with this thinking....so CLB traded their star player and got 3 good players and improved. Even if they got to the playoffs were they a cup contender?

NO! Trading away Eberle or any of the other core pieces may or may not improve the club but I can guarantee that in either case we aren't winning a cup. In order to win a cup you need elite talent. We have 5 good pieces in Nuge, Hall, Ebs, Yak and JS. If the goal is to win a cup, you keep these pieces and fill out the rest of the roster to help the core.

Elite talent is the hardest thing to acquire. I figured most Oiler fans would understand this after what we have gone through for the last 20 years. Now that we have it you want to move it for lesser pieces?

Unless we are trading elite talent for elite talent, no way in trading any of the core pieces

U make a.solid point. But, what is elite talent? What type of skill set is best suited for producing playoff goals? I'll tell u this, it is not dangling. These playoffs r proving that that depth is just as important as talent.

We shall see just how easy depth is to acquire. I don't think its as easy as u think.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If Johansen is available I'd move anything other than our big 5 and our pick this year for him. I'd even consider trading down for one of Columbus' picks as part of the package.

Johansen brings a lot of what we need to this club, he's a RH C, he's big, strong, and can play in the tough areas without being overwhelmed easily. If their GM wanted Gagner for him straight up, I'd be all over that trade.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Do we really have a lot of resources? Our 7th overall pick. They have indicated we are not going to move klefbom.

Marincin is a good asset. MPS perhaps. Hemksy is past the point of good value.

Gagner is the total mystery here. How much value would he have and if you move him you have a huge hole at 2nd line C.

If the Oilers are just going to rearrange the deck chairs on the bottom 6 and 4-6 Dmen we have resources. If they truly think they are going to get a difference maker top 6 forward and a really quality Dman they will have to anti up.

Potential trade bait:

Current NHLers:
Gagner
Hemsky

Prospects:
Musil
Hamilton (not worth much IMO)

Picks:
Edm 2013 2nd rounder
Anaheim 2013 2nd rounder
Edm 2014 1st rounder
Edm 2014 2nd rounder

We have assets to acquire players, especially players from teams that need cap relief. That said above all else it is time that our pro scouts pull their friggin' weight for once. If we are trading for bums or signing them because our pro scouts believe in them and they keep flopping then please tell me why the same pro scouts remain?

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I can't see at this point how JoH has more value than Gagner, doesn't make sense to me. Would I like to get him yes, but not for Gagner.

I can never understand NHL clubs who keep up young prospects and hardly play them. Keeping them in the pressbox or not playing many minutes. You think they would learn from previous teams, but they never do.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Potential trade bait:

Current NHLers:
Everyone but Yak, Hall, and Eberle

Prospects:
Anyone including Klefbom

Picks:
Any pick we currently own the rights to

We have assets to acquire players, especially players from teams that need cap relief. That said above all else it is time that our pro scouts pull their friggin' weight for once. If we are trading for bums or signing them because our pro scouts believe in them and they keep flopping then please tell me why the same pro scouts remain?

Fixed, in my book everyone is available for the right price but the three I keep over everyone are Yak, Hall, and Eb's.

The Perfect Human*

Fixed, in my book everyone is available for the right price but the three I keep over everyone are Yak, Hall, and Eb's.

Not like we have a #1C or anything...because that's an easy asset to acquire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad