Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Draft day edition: Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I'm not that upset about not getting Hamonic, we need picks if McDavid and Drai eat up 17-20 million together we need as many shots at getting value contract rookies as we can

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm not that upset about not getting Hamonic, we need picks if McDavid and Drai eat up 17-20 million together we need as many shots at getting value contract rookies as we can

I'd be okay if Hamonic went anywhere else...

But of course the Flames get him for a ****ing song.

I don't trust the Oilers drafting and development and would rather have a sure thing, but here we're paying Kris Russell on a worse contract than Hamonic...

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Doesn't Calgary need more help upfront than back on defence? At least I think so. Their forward depth is still no good.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I'd be okay if Hamonic went anywhere else...

But of course the Flames get him for a ****ing song.

I don't trust the Oilers drafting and development and would rather have a sure thing, but here we're paying Kris Russell on a worse contract than Hamonic...

Because you are past tense. Things have been different since his hiring. Why can't you accept that?

onetweasy

Oct 16, 2005
Yeah. A lot of spin going on here.
Calgary made a great move and edmonton, not so much

It seems more like a lot of noise being made by the "I hate Kris Russell" crowd.

So if the Oilers gave up 1st, 2 x 2nds for Hamonic and than Russel signs in Calgary for free you would be happy? If the Oilers don't sign Russell he ends up in Calgary 100%.

Basically, a huge chunk of posters on this site want the Oilers to lose all of those picks for a marginal upgrade on Russell. While at the same time handing the Flames Russell for free........this site has gone bonkers.

Oilers need cheap skill and talent in the pipeline. Easy pass on this trade from my perspective.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Because you are past tense. This have been different since his hiring. Why can't you accept that?

I'll believe it when I see it. The Oilers need to take another major step forward this year and right now they're not in a position to do so with the defense they currently have.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Last I heard, Oilers drafted and developed Eberle and you were crying to keep him:shakehead

Oilyveins97*

Jun 11, 2017
Manitoba
I'm absolutely thrilled that the Flames made that deal. Their prospect pool isn't great, and they traded their top 2 picks for next year's draft for a guy who is always injuried. I approve

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
This makes me sick to my stomach. I can't believe this ********. This has been the worst off season we've had in a while.

How do you screw this up? Hamonic could of been an oiler had chiarelli not been an idiot.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Good. let them overpay for their defense. 3-4M for their bottom pairing ensures they have no money for forward help.

OKG's 2017-2018 comparisons

Giordano = Lidstrom
Brodie = Lidstrom
Hamonic = Lidstrom
Hamilton = Lidstrom

Wow, that's a lot of Lidstroms:sarcasm:

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Snow is an asshat! Last year our price for him was Hall. This year he won't take an Eberle package but he accepts three picks from our greatest rival? Wtf do the flames always get gifted these guys while we have to pay through the nose? It's Hamilton all over again. I don't blame Chia I blame Snow. Chia gifted them Boychuck in Boston gave them almost the same package for Reinhart and a 60 point guy for Strome but he can't repay the favor and take a 60 point guy and a pick for Hamonic. Instead he sends him ****ing Calgary for the same almost the same price as Reinhart? This seems like it personal to me. If I'm Chia I am never trading with this man again.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
This makes me sick to my stomach. I can't believe this ********. This has been the worst off season we've had in a while.

How do you screw this up? Hamonic could of been an oiler had chiarelli not been an idiot.

Chill dude, we need picks we have **** all for prospects after Jones, Bear and Puljuarvi

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
I'm not crying for the Hamonic fail. This wasn't even close to Reinhart and Hamilton fail. That was twice as bad to me. Boston took less from Calgary just to spite Chia and Oilers really needed a Hamilton type. But hey whatever.

I do like Hamonic but with Larsson, the Oilers needed more of a point producer at 2RD. He was a gong show this past season. Could've been mental and his injury problems. So we will see if that is past him.

Definitely a big gamble for Flames. But I'm still not worried about them like many Oilers fans this morning. Just another immobile dman for McDavid to burn past...

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Ah, **** off.

Stone is suspect defensively. No interest in him. It's nice to see Treliving rely on the same one line to run the offense though. Stellar defense, one line offense and a whiny Mike Smith in net. Looking forward to that series again next year.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Calmed down. Still don't like the oilers giving up after signing Russell, or the fact that it had to be the flames, but as long as chia fills the holes we have somehow before October I won't be asking for his head.

However if we go into next season with what we have right now, I'll be firmly on the chia is incompetent train.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Stone is suspect defensively. No interest in him. It's nice to see Treliving rely on the same one line to run the offense though. Stellar defense, one line offense and a whiny Mike Smith in net. Looking forward to that series again next year.

I still would personally like another NHL Dman to join our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad