Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Do We Need a Dman Still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Continue

I think the only reason he's looking at AHL deals only is that's his way into the Olympics. With that being said if Olympics were off the table I don't think he'd come out West anyway.

I don't think Gionta would leave the East either. But I also did not think Jagr would sign with the Flames. It may be a slim chance but it could be worth the dime for the phone call if they do think they need help.

Drai looks great in comparison

If Eichel is getting 10.25, I'm more than comfortable with Drai at 8.5

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It's weird, I both like the Eichel deal and find it reflects well on Drai's contract as well.

I'm wondering how hard teams are working the phones right now.

If I'm the Oilers I try to move Fayne and Pakarinen + to Vegas for Garrison (or Sbisa at worst)

TheGuyInTheChair

Sep 21, 2014
Eichel is better than Drai and will only get better. He's legit. Good contract.

Doesn't make Drai's contract look any better or worse imo.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

BUT

Lets talk how is COULD affect the leaf contract talks with their big three--they played down Leon's contract--playing down this one--will be a little harder

Matthews 12.5
Mitch 10.5
Nylander 8

that could be a fun discussion

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Disagree. Drai outscored Eichel last year in terms of points and PPG. Eichel's getting extra money because he was very close, while being a year younger. He isn't better, but he should become better. In terms of current worth, it makes Drai look better

Reactions: Showcor3

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton

At the moment they're on a similar level. Drai finished at almost the exact same ppg as Eichel except kept it up for the entire season, while eichel is a year younger.

Honestly with similar production I give it to drai due to the size factor.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Contracts are going to start looking ridiculous soon. I'm glad we got Mcdavid and Draisaitl locked up long term. It also sets the bar for any future contracts on the team.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Disagree. Drai outscored Eichel last year in terms of points and PPG. Eichel's getting extra money because he was very close, while being a year younger. He isn't better, but he should become better. In terms of current worth, it makes Drai look better

This. It's hilarious how the Mains are when it comes to bias. Best was someone saying how Eichel is a Franchise 1C and Draisaitl isn't because he's playing behind McDavid. What does that make Malkin???

Also funny how a Flames fan has to jab Edmonton blaming Oilers for Eichel getting paid 10M. Them Flames fans sure have some weirdo complex. Did he not forget Johnny asked for 8M and settled for ~7M AND has made it known he wants to play in NY region? lol

Reactions: McDelorean

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

This is absurd, though. Eichel has done literally nothing to earn a 10 million dollar contract. Eichel has basically put up less numbers than Hall did and if Hall was signed to a contract like this people would be coming down hard if was the Oilers who signed him to that. I'm not saying Eichel won't be a great player going forward but look at the contracts Tavares, Hall, and Seguin signed after their entry level contract and Buffalo can only HOPE that Eichel turns out as good as Seguin and Tavares.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Eichel is a very good player but... He has a career high of 57 points. Yes he missed a bunch of time last year but he has yet to prove he is worth the full 10 mill. Right now the contract makes Draisaitls look good.

That said Eichel could easily prove he is better than Drai... He hasn't yet though.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Disagree. Eichel plays center and Drai played wing. Drai put up 51 points as a center in that role at 20. Eichel put up 57 in 11 less games

Put Eichel on McD's wing this year and my guess is he is an 80+ point player

Reactions: booyakasha

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
need to stay off the main boards tonight

leaf fans are already building a defence for Nylander and Mitch getting nowhere near Leon D or Eichel money

in truth--they should be shitting their pants right now

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
need to stay off the main boards tonight

leaf fans are already building a defence for Nylander and Mitch getting nowhere near Leon D or Eichel money

in truth--they should be ****ting their pants right now

I'm with the Leaf fans on this one. They won't get close to Eichel's 10M. Possibly approach Draisaitl's 8.5 but it'll depend on their seasons.

Definitely set Matthews bottom number at 10M though.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Disagree. Eichel plays center and Drai played wing. Drai put up 51 points as a center in that role at 20. Eichel put up 57 in 11 less games

So he would be what Drais was last year for like 1.5 million more a year.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
Sabers had to pay him that they would pay him almost anything to stay. With out him there nothing. And i think Toronto fans are going to be in for a rude awakening when they have to start shelling out the big bucks......look what patty got

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

completley agree, and also in their careers thus far, Eichel has scored 2 less goals than Drai in 49 less games, and not having a McDavid feeding him.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
completley agree, and also in their careers thus far, Eichel has scored 2 less goals than Drai in 49 less games, and not having a McDavid feeding him.
Drais wasn't ready his first year which was clear especially given his line mates at the time. That half a year shouldn't factor into their value right at this moment. Your whole he has 2 less goals in 40 games well yeah because Drai was kept up way too long in his first year and that has a major impact on your side of the argument. They are a year a part I'll never understand why people act like the age gap is anything more than mirage to the reality of a players worth. Eichel and Drai both scored 48 goals total the last two years with Drai playing like 10 games more. That is the relevant stat.

Reactions: Showcor3

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
50-man-2017-18.png

where are are on contracts

Reactions: djdub and Spawn

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The Golden Knights have quite the opening 23 man roster lol.

11 forwards
9 d-men
3 goalies

And I believe 2 players on IR.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Oh yeah for sure 3-8 pt difference is completely worth the 1.5 million difference especially when Drai racked up 77 points while not playing 100 percent of his minutes on a line with Mcdavid.

Oh ya, Eichel wass almost a point a game player at center 110% playing without a generational talent

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad