Rumor: Trade Rumour Thread I: Post-Lockout Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punxrocknyc19*

Haley 3rd (FLA) 2013 to Kings for Clifford??

would this work.. Rangers get a depth forward... Kings get a player that seems to want out of NYR..

Kershaw

Clifford has been playing great for the Kings, why would they move him?

Punxrocknyc19*

Clifford has been playing great for the Kings, why would they move him?

his value is at the highest at the moment.... im just thinking of depth players that might be available that would fit with NYR

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Thinking they are going to have to move picks for a few depth Forwards at the deadline.........UFA rentals only..........Its important Sather starts looking now though and maybe a guy like Ferrerio pans out

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Miller is not close to ready. From the games I have seen he wouldn't even be in the top-5 players I would call up first.

He is 19 playing in the AHL. Let him develop properly.

If I am moving Stepan, I look for a player like Lucic, Kane or Pacioretty. Players teams don't move so it's a moot point.

The team has had A LOT of turnover already. Chemistry would be a major problem if more big deals are made and Stepan has the makings of a 1b center in the NHL. Why move him?

A fair question deserving an honest answer.

We are a very good team. But we need to improve to get dominant, and even then, nothing is in the bag.

Winning is not everything. But it properly is the goal we shoot for.

I remember the magnificent and entertaining Rangers of the Park-Ratelle era, who lost only due to the greatest player ever IMO, Bobby Orr, and a phenomenal Canadiens team.

I'd like to see the current Rangers grow into, if not a dynasty, at least champions.

But we need a couple of bigger upgrade moves to get there.
If we don't go there, we are taking our chances, which are respectably very good, but not ironclad.

Accordingly we should make moves if they are net profit.

As I said, I agree Miller could use more seasoning, and he's gotta fill out. But if we just asked for basic d at a minimum and to use his speed to set up players with faster Ws, we'd be ahead of the game, TAKING INTO ACCOUNT WE'D HAVE SOMETHING IN RETURN FOR STEPAN.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Miller is not ready for the NHL yet, let alone for a top 6 role where he'll be leaned on to score points. He's 19 and scoring at a .5 ppg pace in the AHL.

I don't understand why we'd want to tear a hole open, at center no less, when the team is supposed to compete for the cup this year. You don't take a gamble on a guy who isn't ready for the NHL and is projected to be in a different position when you're trying to compete, especially when you're talking about putting him at center.

Step has had a rough start to the season like almost everyone else on the roster. I wouldn't trade him and take a gamble on the second line center position at this point in this team's history.

He's not ideally ready, I agree.
He's arguably more ready now than Kreider was in the playoffs, and that gamble, we generally agree, was worth taking.

I'm not asking huge minutes, just meaningful supporting role complementing really fast Ws.

I'm also not looking for scoring RIGHT AWAY the way I'd hope to get it from Kreider. If his speed is complementary and he can unleash Hagelin, etc from a speed standpoint (maybe some shifts w/Gabby), he will have earned his keep for now.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What about?

Rupp, Eminger, 3rd rounder, C Thomas, rights to S Noreau/C Andersson

for

Murray (UFA), TJ Galiardi (RFA), 7th rounder

Or what else would we need to add/give up?
San José is reputedly looking for a grit guy on their 4th line = Rupp
We give them Eminger (or Gilroy) as a thrown to fill up a lost spot on D
Adding a 3rd rounder, C Thomas (2nd round pick) and a defensive prospect is icing for the Sharks.
Maybe they want something more though

Then:
  • Sign Dom Moore
  • Call up Mashinter
  • Send Gilroy down

Hagelin - Richards - Nash
Kreider - Stepan - Gaborik
Galiardi - Moore - Pyatt
Ferriero
(Mashinter) - Boyle - Asham
Halpern, Mashinter

McD - Girardi
Staal - MDZ
Murray - Stralman

Bickel

Like the lineup...
If Kreider fails we can still ice a pretty fair team if gets sent down

Everything else aside, is Murray fast enough?
Seems like over a year ago hockeyball said in a post, to effect that, he was strong as a bull, but slow... back then.

Noreau has real upside, also.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Everything else aside, is Murray fast enough?
Seems like over a year ago hockeyball said in a post, to effect that, he was strong as a bull, but slow... back then.

Noreau has real upside, also.

Murray is a good useful player but San Jose's current success makes this type of trade unlikely. It will take another couple of weeks but sellers and buyers should start to become more evident. Hard to think Calgary won't be a seller this year.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yakubov!

;)

If the real world were close to the video one you could put a exciting team on the ice here in NY next season.

Trade 1.
Marc Staal for Nail Yakubov //EDM has a PPQB and with Staal they get the rest. A Russian kid like that in Canada is asking for trouble.

Trade 2.
Derek Stepan for Ryan Murphy //Murphy is the best young right handed PPQB outside the NHL.

Trade 3.
Hank for Alexander Ovechkin //Oats would be more than fine to build around Bäckström and he wouldn't have to worry about the rest.

UFA Signing 1.
Dustin Penner 2.5m per

UFA Signing 2.
Ilya Bryzgalov 1.5m per, 3 years //He's getting paid by Philly. Rejuvenated behind a defensive Torts team.

UFA Signing 3.
Doug Murray 2.5m per //He would love to come to NY

Lineup
1. Penner-Richards-Nash
2. Ovechkin-Yakubov-Gaborik
3. Hagelin-JT Miller-Callahan
4. Kreider-Boyle-Rupp
1. McD-Murphy
2. MDZ-McIlrath
3. Murray-Girardi
Bryzgalov
Biron

PP1
-------------------------Nash--------------
---------------NET-----------------------
-----AO----------------------------Yakubov
---------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------
---------Murphy------------BR ------------

How hard can it be? The above roster easily fits under the cap. Easily.
(j/k)

Trade 1.
Marc Staal for Nail Yakubov ]

Yakupov clearly appeals.

Open question for discussion is the exact price. NY and EDM can't agree to date.

Trade 2.
Derek Stepan for Ryan Murphy //Murphy is the best young right handed PPQB outside the NHL.

Murphy is interesting. Again, at what price?

Trade 3.
Hank for Alexander Ovechkin
no
in package + for Malkin, yes.

Ovie's talent commands consideration, but price, etc fit needs to be thought through.

UFA Signing 1.
Dustin Penner 2.5m per
no thanks

UFA Signing 2.
Ilya Bryzgalov 1.5m per, 3 years
no thanks

UFA Signing 3.
Doug Murray 2.5m per
no thanks

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Alright, so I went around the league to find players who were scratched their last game to see who may be available:

Matt Calvert - CLB - Speedy, energy player similar to the style Callahan plays actually

Marcus Johansson - WAS - Very skilled Swedish center. Still young @ 22. Has some defensive deficiencies.

Yannick Weber - MON - IMO, he would be the ideal #6 defenseman. Give him PP time and 5~7 minutes of even strength time. I really like his game and think he could help a lot.

Dustin Penner - LAK - Pancakes. Doubt Torts would want him but maybe. Another big body who can score when motivated.

Brad Richardson - LAK - 4th line energy player

Thoughts?

Marcus Jo for the right trade.
What do we have to give up?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Here is an interesting name that has been brought up numerous times by numerous people:

Kyle Beach. Give him some time on the 3rd/4th line and let him develop. Could be a VERY solid addition for what he brings. If nothing else, he will be a pain in the ass to play against.

Seems Hawks have given up on him, likely cheap.

Christian Thomas + ________
for
Beach + Dylan Olsen, D (former 1st)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Murray is a good useful player but San Jose's current success makes this type of trade unlikely. It will take another couple of weeks but sellers and buyers should start to become more evident. Hard to think Calgary won't be a seller this year.

Concur
... but is he fast enough even for 3rd pair?

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
He's not ideally ready, I agree.
He's arguably more ready now than Kreider was in the playoffs, and that gamble, we generally agree, was worth taking.

I'm not asking huge minutes, just meaningful supporting role complementing really fast Ws.

I'm also not looking for scoring RIGHT AWAY the way I'd hope to get it from Kreider. If his speed is complementary and he can unleash Hagelin, etc from a speed standpoint (maybe some shifts w/Gabby), he will have earned his keep for now.

No, he's not. He's not arguably more ready. Kreider was much older, had 3 years of college under his belt and was a physical specimen. Miller still struggles with strength, speed is not really one of his main attributes. The scenarios are not even remotely close.

*Bob Richards*

The Iginla ship should have sailed awhile ago. He costs way too much money and isn't what he once was.

*Bob Richards*

its not gonna happen anyway, but not true about costs too much, he's a UFA after this year.

Well I was referring to costs in the sense of a trade. My bad.

Also, Calgary is still stuck in "win" now mode despite evidence to the contrary. They won't trade him.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
its not gonna happen anyway, but not true about costs too much, he's a UFA after this year.

Disagree about not costing too much. At a minimum he would fetch a 1st rounder. And I'm not sure that's enough. Even 'only" a 1st rounder is too rich for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad