Rumor: Trade Rumour Thread I: Post-Lockout Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, I desperately want Lokti. 2nd Rounder in 2014, get it done Slats.

Doesn't have to be anyone in particular, I just hope they can get a player who can play forward. Bickel gets ~3 minutes while playing his natural position. What would he get playing out of position? 30 seconds?

I would be okay with seeing Mashinter for a few games to see what he can do. Let the organization take a look at him and see what they have in him.

SupersonicMonkey*

I would like a player as active as Ferriero. That's the kind of player that will get ice time with Torts.

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
I'd be all over a Loktionov deal. The price shouldn't be cost-prohibitive. He still needs to add muscle to his frame and improve some aspects of his game, but the skill and talent is definitely there.

Also, I can understand why he requested a trade, and I don't think it is evidence of an issue with his attitude. They are a stacked team, and he really can't get a shot that he rightfully deserves on that squad. Granted, I'm not sure how much icetime he would get here, either, but this franchise should always be open to adding offensive skill and talent (as long as there are no other drawbacks to counteract that positive).

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'd be all over a Loktionov deal. The price shouldn't be cost-prohibitive. He still needs to add muscle to his frame and improve some aspects of his game, but the skill and talent is definitely there.

Also, I can understand why he requested a trade, and I don't think it is evidence of an issue with his attitude. They are a stacked team, and he really can't get a shot that he rightfully deserves on that squad. Granted, I'm not sure how much icetime he would get here, either, but this franchise should always be open to adding offensive skill and talent (as long as there are no other drawbacks to counteract that positive).

Woah! Where have you been!?!

And on a sidenote I agree with everything you just wrote

Punxrocknyc19*

With this move I could see The Rangers either calling up Mashinter or trading with someone involving Haley. Heck, maybe even both...

hopefully it wont be Newbury or Segal getting called up :help: they stink.... why would they trade Haley if they just signed him??? did he request a trade?? id rather have him at forward than Bickel

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
hopefully it wont be Newbury or Segal getting called up :help: they stink.... why would they trade Haley if they just signed him??? did he request a trade?? id rather have him at forward than Bickel

Heard somewhere he was quite disgruntled in CT and wished he had never left The Fishstix organization. Maybe going to San Jose as part of a package? One can hope!

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Well they really should put a waiver claim on Boychuck. Here's hoping he slips through

They really should not have Bickel on the 4th line so heck someones coming up or someones coming in via trade.......likely call up for now............Too bad Miller and Thomas are likely not ready............again Zuccarello would of made sense under a 1 way depth signing, not sure why they didnt guarantee the guy 1 yr

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Haley wouldn't be the easiest move. One-way deal next season.

You could be right here

I also would be surprised if he was disgruntled since he has a 1 way deal next yr. He was passed over for Newbury, Segal and now Ferrerio

I found this below. DaGoon is reliably well connected here within the organization.

rumor down on the farm is he isn't happy being with the Rangers and not happy at all with the system or coaching staff in Hartford.. Haley regrets leaving the islanders

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
From reading the main boards, it seems Loktionov couldn't hack it on the wing and needed to play center, which doesn't really make sense to me. If he is under sized and lacks some strength I would think he would benefit playing on the wing vs playing center.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Sutherby is purely a 4th liner, but I would advocate picking him up. He's at least a legitimate NHLer whereas we're being forced to fill in with AHL fodder on the fourth line right now. Would probably take close to league minimum and simply provide depth for injuries and an able body. Just wouldn't expect anything more from him than 7 minutes of dump, chase and grind.

Punxrocknyc19*

Sutherby is purely a 4th liner, but I would advocate picking him up. He's at least a legitimate NHLer whereas we're being forced to fill in with AHL fodder on the fourth line right now. Would probably take close to league minimum and simply provide depth for injuries and an able body. Just wouldn't expect anything more from him than 7 minutes of dump, chase and grind.

id rather have him then see crap like Newbury and Segal. they are worthless to the NHL team but valuable to the AHL team :help:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Sutherby sucks. He works hard but that's it. Takes stupid penalties, too. He's only marginally better than Newbury at this point, if at all.

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Woah! Where have you been!?!

And on a sidenote I agree with everything you just wrote

I think Lokti would get killed in this division.

And yes, good to see ya around Sting.

I went out of town, and it turned out to be for longer than I expected. Didn't have much internet access. Thanks for the kind sentiment. :)

He definitely needs to add muscle, BN. I just think that the guys you take chances on are the guys with a ton of skill, especially when you don't have an overly large amount of it in your prospect pool.

Punxrocknyc19*

would you do this deal??

Sharks trade Petrecki and Sheppard to NYR for Brian Boyle??

Rangers get depth... and more offense skill

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
From reading the main boards, it seems Loktionov couldn't hack it on the wing and needed to play center, which doesn't really make sense to me. If he is under sized and lacks some strength I would think he would benefit playing on the wing vs playing center.

On most lines, the center sits high in the zone while the wingers work the boards on the forecheck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad