Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part IV: Yak Yak Yak Yak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
No game until tomorrow night. Why would they announce he wasn't going to play if a deal was close to being done? Seems like they'd just keep the status quo until the trade call went through.

Came to post the exact same thing.

Furthermore, for all the "trade incoming" posts we see whenever someone sits... when was the last time a Rangers' trade was prefaced by someone sitting?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Came to post the exact same thing.

Furthermore, for all the "trade incoming" posts we see whenever someone sits... when was the last time a Rangers' trade was prefaced by someone sitting?

Hell, when was the last time a Rangers trade was prefaced by anything at all? The only trade that was completed that was widely speculated on beforehand was the Nash deal. We tend to only hear about deals that never happened. Most trades this team makes are a complete surprise to Rangers fans. Generally when you hear the Canadian media speculating on a Rangers trade, that means the talks have hit an impasse and the deal is dead in the water already.

Punxrocknyc19*

if this turns out to be no trade and just a scratch im gonna be a little pissed.. no point of putting Falk against a team that is fast and quick like the Habs. Falk would have been more useful vs Flyers or a more physical team like the Kings.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
if this turns out to be no trade and just a scratch im gonna be a little pissed.. no point of putting Falk against a team that is fast and quick like the Habs. Falk would have been more useful vs Flyers or a more physical team like the Kings.

Del Zotto isn't exactly "quick" in his own right. At least Falk has the long reach to make up for the lack of foot speed.

The Habs have lost 5 of their last 6. Not exactly a "bring your big guns" kind of matchup.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
You hope we have a good deal, because scratching MDZ when he is on the block isn't good for his perceived value.

often times players getting scratched while ON the block is at the request of the acquiring team to make sure the player is not hurt killing the trade altogether.

It's not a very common practice, but it does happen.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
If it's not a trade then it is to have some size and toughness on the backend against a team that lines up a few guys that like to throw their weight around.

With that said I think within 2 shifts people will see the difference between Falk and DZ. DZ needs to step his game up, and not get caught floating too deep in the o-zone.

He is trying to score on every shot and picking things wide when he can make the goalie make a save and have his guy battle for a rebound.

Personally I'd put him back on the left side, he is much more physical and decisive on that side than he is on the right.

If there is a trade, I am hoping for a top 4 two way RHD with size to play with Staal.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I hope if we are trading Del Zotto its for a solid return. The KID still has a lot of talent. I'd rather keep him. But I don't make that decision. So again if we do trade him i hope its for the right return, preferrably a top 6 forward.

And I just don't get the people that get excited about a potential trade coming. Like trades are the best thing in the world. This isn't a videogame where you need to make a trade every 10 games because you get bored with the roster you have. This team has had so much turnover since 2011-2012. More turnover shouldn't be applauded.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
The thing with Del Zotto I think is that his psyche is on par with Sanchez, no faith in himself when criticized.

Hey DZ was rocking the Sanchez hairdo in training camp, maybe that has something to do with it.

I would rather not see him traded, but any player can go for the right return. If its not a fleecing then I would be hesitant to move DZ. If it's a move to send a message then so be it, DZ needs to hit that next level consistently.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Hey DZ was rocking the Sanchez hairdo in training camp, maybe that has something to do with it.

I would rather not see him traded, but any player can go for the right return. If its not a fleecing then I would be hesitant to move DZ. If it's a move to send a message then so be it, DZ needs to hit that next level consistently.
How do you send a message through Del Zotto and not Pyatt and Pouliot?

Bardof425*

If they trade MDZ, Falk may have to play against everyone; fast and not so.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If they trade MDZ, Falk may have to play against everyone; fast and not so.

Or they are wanting to bring up one of the defensemen from Hartford who has impressed... be that Johnson, Syret, Allen, or McIlrath.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Or they are wanting to bring up one of the defensemen from Hartford who has impressed... be that Johnson, Syret, Allen, or McIlrath.

Well Zucc got scratched then came back and has done well. So I imagine they want DZ to do the same.

He will get a chance and if he stinks well they trade him for a RD in a perfect world. With Girardi and Stalman UFA they likely need one moving forward anyway

Falk is fine stepping in and if not likely McIlrath if ready

Syvret, Johnson are good if an injury occurs but not long term. Allen needs time in CT

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
They played two games together, and even the coach said that Stralman looked out of his element when facing that kind of competition. He's bounced back and for the supposed "1B" pairing with Staal, and the bottom pairing with Moore all season long. He looks fine when paired with an elite defender like Staal, and decent when playing on the bottom pairing.

Girardi's reputation has nothing to do with it. He's proven and continues to play at a high level. He may have had problems adjusting to the new system, but it'd be a lie to say he was the only one.

We don't need to dwell on this, but McDonagh-Strålman played 288 5v5 minutes together in 12-13. A lot more than 2 games. In fact, Strålman played more minutes with McDonagh than he did with any other skater on the team. That's where I referred to them as a dominant pairing.

This season it was two games, correct. But Staal-Strålman has had the tougher matchups in a few of the games. And suggesting that he can play with Staal, but not McDonagh is ludicrous.

Look, I know Girardi has been a good defenceman in the past. But he has been declining and this season he has been abysmal. The McDonagh-Girardi pairing is toxic. Both players have been better when separated (McDonagh more so than Girardi). Possession numbers aren't everything, but the 39.3% McD-G have together is unacceptable no matter what just like the 62.5% Staal-Strålman has is fantastic no matter what.

It is not like the difference is a few percentage points, it is bigger than the difference between the best and the worst team in the league.

There is no factual evidence that Strålman cannot handle 20+ minutes per game, rather the contrary. There is factual evidence, or at least strong indicators, that Girardi can no longer handle his current role on the Rangers.

LA started out with Regehr-Doughty as their first pairing, and Sutter scratched Muzzin after a few games. Now their first pairing is Muzzin-Doughty and it is performing a lot better. I bet Sutter didn't think Muzzin could handle big minutes either. There are a lot of similarities between Girardi-Regehr and Strålman-Muzzin. The former two has a "shudown" reputation, but finds themselves mired in the defensive zone most of the time, while the latter two has a much better on ice impact.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If Del Zotto was scratched for a pending trade, do you guys really think it would be announced a full day before they even play?

Punxrocknyc19*

If Del Zotto was scratched for a pending trade, do you guys really think it would be announced a full day before they even play?

so what is the point of announcing this now?? why should the league know or care that Del Zotto is not playing tomorrow??

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
so what is the point of announcing this now?? why should the league know or care that Del Zotto is not playing tomorrow??

The league doesn't know or care. The beat writers and the fans do. If Del Zotto was held out of practice, that'd be one thing. He's been informed that he'll be scratched.

Punxrocknyc19*

The league doesn't know or care. The beat writers and the fans do. If Del Zotto was held out of practice, that'd be one thing. He's been informed that he'll be scratched.

i understand that, but why announce it today when their is no game? i never seen a team do that unless they are getting ready for a trade or to put a player in the lineup (trade). knowing the Rangers luck Stralman will get hurt in practice and Del Zotto will play tomorrow... :sarcasm:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
i understand that, but why announce it today when their is no game? i never seen a team do that unless they are getting ready for a trade or to put a player in the lineup (trade). knowing the Rangers luck Stralman will get hurt in practice and Del Zotto will play tomorrow... :sarcasm:
they didn't announce it. They told Del Zotto, he told reporters when asked. They reported it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->