Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part II (Mod warning post #861)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY
G is not tradeable to me.. RHD Top 4d and 1c are are the hardest to fill in the NHL.. girardi's tradeable of course but he will only traded/leave if he wants to, hes a lifer NYR.. Cam, i could actually see him come here if Nash is sidelined for a long time.. but other than that girardi is our core and here for the long haul..

i see all these crazy proposals out there on the main and here of people wanting to trade him.. HELL NO! everyone loves flash and dash and PTs, but forget that d is actually defending and he does it as one of the best in the NHL..

Yeah, trading Girardi was contingent upon getting Buff. Otherwise I don't do it either.

Punxrocknyc19*

It is sad that fans want a player like Buff who has had conditioning issues.. if he isn't committed to conditioning it is a sign of being lazy.. no thanks.. all I'd offer for Buff is Boyle or Pyatt

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I have thought for the last three years that Byfuglien was the missing piece. Why stop now?

Would even play him at forward in some situations. MDZ++ for Buff is the perfect move for the team and has been for years.

Punxrocknyc19*

PPQB though. When was the last time we had one of those?

Lets trade for a player who is too lazy to stay in NHL shape.. no need for a lazy player no matter how talented they are.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg would want the moon for Evander but man that would be a pickup.

Punxrocknyc19*

If I remember correctly he actually came into camp in really good shape this year.

But he has had a lot of issues.. rather trade extra for E.Kane. he is a skilled gritty forward that this team needs. And he plays nasty at times...

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY
But he has had a lot of issues.. rather trade extra for E.Kane. he is a skilled gritty forward that this team needs. And he plays nasty at times...

Oh Kane is obviously the prize, lol. He's one of my favorite players in the league, easily.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Lets trade for a player who is too lazy to stay in NHL shape.. no need for a lazy player no matter how talented they are.

the guy has put up 9 pts in 15 games.. plays d with an edge.. playing for NYR, in a big city with an org 6 team.. players will change attitude and come to compete..

guy would be a fan fav and be the perfect player to play with Staal..

this all hopeful thinking but hes still young and i may not want to move DZ but with Staal Moore and MCD taking up left side we need more RHDs and its a good move for us..

Punxrocknyc19*

the guy has put up 9 pts in 15 games.. plays d with an edge.. playing for NYR, in a big city with an org 6 team.. players will change attitude and come to compete..

this all hopeful thinking but hes still young and i may not want to move DZ but with Staal Moore and MCD taking up left side we need more RHDs and its a good move for us..

I'm not much of a fan of Big Buff. id love Enstrom or Trouba but that is just a dream. I wouldn't mind that prospect Sutter from the Jets..

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
MDZ, Fast and 1st for E. Kane.

Do it!

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Kane - Brassard - Callahan
Hagelin - Richards - Zuc
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

Move Pyatt and Pouliet for picks. Miller back to the Pack for the rest of the year/first call up if someone in the top 9 go down w an injury. Have him center the third line next season when Richards is bought out.

Championship*

Not a fan of Buff. Overrated. How is he going to look in a Vigneault system? He's not the most fleet of foot.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Getting a young established star/scorer will cost too much. Unless you're willing to pay the price. If the Rangers want top talent either tank or take a risk with some team's disgruntled player. ex. Yukapov.

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY

Do it!

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Richards - Zuc
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

Move Pyatt and Pouliet for picks. Miller back to the Pack for the rest of the year/first call up if someone in the top 9 go down w an injury. Have him center the third line next season when Richards is bought out.

I doubt we could even get anyone to claim Pyatt off waivers, much less get a pick for him.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City

Do it!

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Richards - Zuc
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

Yes. but will they do it? My guess is they will ask for a little more, since there's no Kreider. Perhaps Miller.

BarbaraAlphanse

Well there will be a big move made this year. That's for sure.

MDZ is clear guy to move. Allen has similar skill set and he's relatively close too. We don't need to take on another D to trade MDZ.

If Nash is as far away as many say he is then we'll need more offense. Proven sniper.

I don't even think E. Kane is the type of player we need. He's low efficiency. For the amount of shots he takes he doesn't score nearly as much as he should. Clearly he has a lot of skill but we need someone who can bury the puck.

I feel the team would do some sort of risk like trying to take on Datsyuk. Give Red Wings a piece for the future in place of a player to help us win now. But he'll likely remain with them till the end, as will most of their core that's aging.

Perry would have been great but he signed an extension. B. Ryan would have been a step below but he's gone.

Been trying to advocate for an MDZ for Zibenjad trade for the last year but doubt the Sens want any part of that with both MDZ's and Zibenjad fading a little bit.

Maybe MDZ + some sort of draft pick for Yakupov? He's really getting on the nerves of that team.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Playing for an original 6 team is so overrated. Why does a 20 something give a **** about whether a team is an original 6 team? It's a soundbite that players say as one of the reasons they want to play for the Rangers, because it sounds a lot better than "they were offering the most money".

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY

Kane talking about racism, at 2:57...

Q: If you played in New York, or Chicago or Boston, would you face these same sets of questions?

A: Probably not. They've got bigger things to talk about in New York.

Q: So is this a Winnipeg issue?

Aand he obviously can't just say yes, but the implication is pretty heavily there throughout the interview. The dude seems pretty disgruntled to me.

BarbaraAlphanse

Yes. but will they do it? My guess is they will ask for a little more, since there's no Kreider. Perhaps Miller.

No way I trade Kreider or Miller.

Miller projects to be a better version of Cally when he figures it all out. Kreider is as clutch as they get. Come playoff time he'll be one of those guys that gets it done and is an unsung hero.

Kane isn't the sniper we need.

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY
Playing for an original 6 team is so overrated. Why does a 20 something give a **** about whether a team is an original 6 team? It's a soundbite that players say as one of the reasons they want to play for the Rangers, because it sounds a lot better than "they were offering the most money".

Players do love coming to the Rangers though. Whether it's the original six gimmick or not, which I agree it isn't.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
No way I trade Kreider or Miller.

Miller projects to be a better version of Cally when he figures it all out. Kreider is as clutch as they get. Come playoff time he'll be one of those guys that gets it done and is an unsung hero.

Kane isn't the sniper we need.

That's the first I've ever heard that Miller projects to be better the Callahan. Similar player yes but at this point in time I don't see better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad