Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part II (Mod warning post #861)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Agreed. On a semi-related note I don't get how those characteristics are solely limited to "Torts players". Every team in the league needs skill players who can also bring grit to excel in the grind of the playoffs.

Yeah it's an unfortunate side effect from the last regime. Nothing wrong with guys who play their ***** off and hit. Even better when they can score.

Schenn's also versatile enough to play center, so if the Brassard project goes south, we're not completely SOL.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
What would we give up to get Schenn? MDZ? Id probably do that, but I think Philly is hanging on to Schenn and other pieces until they got a move infront of them that really can bump them.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
I'd trade MDZ for Simmonds.. but Holms wont trade simmonds or schennn or vor bc of trading away richards and carter

Philly and rangers wont trade big names.. i would who cares bc your trading for needs..flyers need way more work so just for ahaha's..

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY
Best case scenario for me is something like DZ, prospect, Boyle, 2nd to WPG for Buff, Kane. If that worked by some miracle I would honestly also probably do Girardi for Cammalleri straight up. I know he's older and injury prone, but him and G are both on the last year of their deals and Buff fills the #1 RHD slot. I feel like our D would still be pretty deep and we'd have some much needed legitimate offense, plus G would help CGY a lot. I'm sure we'd have to find a way to send some salary back but they have space.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Is there a chance that Yakupov is available? Or is this all strictly speculation?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Is there a chance that Yakupov is available? Or is this all strictly speculation?

if you read the edm media stuff, seems so. if theres a chance, you gotta make a play on this kid. he has top stuff. filthy skills.

theres no doubt hes got some issues mostly based on confidence. kid should have had a full season of ahl hockey to learn his trade. right now, that would help more than the healthy scratches. he had 17 goals as a true freshman last year. soph season can be frustrating as we know. hes pressing and fighting the game now. he says just that in his interviews. he knows whats wrong.

hes got no confidence right now. he just needs to play and stop forcing stuff. rather than relax, hes forcing things more and failing to play both ways isnt helping. hes pressing more, which is helping less and hes letting it effect his overall game. hes a kid. he thinks if hes not scoring, he shouldnt have to back check. its dumb but its understandable. he contributes on the score board, hes never known anything else.

he is a goal scorer. he expects to score. hes always scored. he isnt handling not scoring properly imo.

if you know anything about this kid though, hes dead serious about what he does. hes a fierce competitor and he does not like to lose. no one questions his work ethic nor his seriousness about wanting to be the best.

if theres anyway to pry him away, we have to do more than just kick the tires. nail yakupov on broadway would be ridiculous. he would be an instant star and the next big russian stud. he is that talented.

the nhl and nyc would see this kid become a star.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Best case scenario for me is something like DZ, prospect, Boyle, 2nd to WPG for Buff, Kane. If that worked by some miracle I would honestly also probably do Girardi for Cammalleri straight up. I know he's older and injury prone, but him and G are both on the last year of their deals and Buff fills the #1 RHD slot. I feel like our D would still be pretty deep and we'd have some much needed legitimate offense, plus G would help CGY a lot. I'm sure we'd have to find a way to send some salary back but they have space.

that wouldnt even come close to getting that done.. prospect like kreider would start the convo but it wouldn't come close to getting it done..

Kane would be a dream.. but Kreider

buff would intrigue me..

MDZ for Buff would be ok depending on the other pieces going to wpg..

Mcd-G
Staal-Buff
JMo-Stral

Falk

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
that wouldnt even come close to getting that done.. prospect like kreider would start the convo but it wouldn't come close to getting it done..

buff would intrigue me..

Mcd-G
Staal-Buff
JMo-Stral

Falk

We would have shed more salary to fit under the cap. Buff makes a good chunk of change.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I see PIM is still keeping up the good work around here. MDZ,Boyle,Kreider,prospect, and a 2nd might get you Kane if they decide to move one of their top 3 D for a goal scorer with another team.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
MDZ+Fast+2nd+Pyatt(Cap dump) for Byfuglien+Peluso

thats something to consider if he is available.. your deff not getting kane for that or yak/hall/eberle

please stop with girardi as tradeable.. if sauer was here and McIrath was already playing with promise to be top4 id move him, but we don't have sauer and we deff cant afford trading a top 4 dman with just strals who isnt a top4 reg

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY

buff would intrigue me..

Mcd-G
Staal-Buff
JMo-Stral

Falk

Yeah it would have to be Kreider, Kristo or Miller.... Maybe even the second bumped to a first... But don't forget how much E. Kane hates it in Winnipeg. It would probably be good for their locker room. What do you think of G for Mike C assuming the hypothetical WPG deal pans out?

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY
I see PIM is still keeping up the good work around here. MDZ,Boyle,Kreider,prospect, and a 2nd might get you Kane if they decide to move one of their top 3 D for a goal scorer with another team.

I can't tell if you're making fun of me or not :(

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Yeah it would have to be Kreider, Kristo or Miller.... Maybe even the second bumped to a first... But don't forget how much E. Kane hates it in Winnipeg. It would probably be good for their locker room. What do you think of G for Mike C assuming the hypothetical WPG deal pans out?

G is not tradeable to me.. RHD Top 4d and 1c are are the hardest to fill in the NHL.. girardi's tradeable of course but he will only traded/leave if he wants to, hes a lifer NYR.. Cam, i could actually see him come here if Nash is sidelined for a long time.. but other than that girardi is our core and here for the long haul..

i see all these crazy proposals out there on the main and here of people wanting to trade him.. HELL NO! everyone loves flash and dash and PTs, but forget that d is actually defending and he does it as one of the best in the NHL..

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY

Stranger things have happened, have you read about all the **** that's gone on between Kane and Winnipeg? He basically straight-up called their entire city racist and said it'd be better in New York. That can go a long way, an unhappy player can be terrible for a locker room and Sather rules at robbing people. You could obviously beef up my proposal a bit to make it feasible for WPG- like MDZ, Kreider, Boyle, First, Second. That's a pretty hefty package. Throw in another prospect, even Fast or Lindberg, or Kristo, and I think we still come out in pretty good shape. Obviously trying to get a lot for less is the goal but it's a starting point too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad