Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Cap friendly has the team's salary at 71.940M in real dollars. That includes White (925k) and Carey (700k) who are both on 2 ways and Gaborik (4.575M) and MacArthur (4.75M) who are expected to be on LTIR.

So realistically, we're probably looking at like 62-63M in real dollars. By the trade deadline when guys like Duchene and Karlsson are dealt, we can realistically bring the year's salary expenditure into the 50s.

Thanks for the tip JD1, You are correct, my quick math has us as follows:

Real dollars:

$73,565,833

minus Phaneuf and Burrows monies ($1,625,000 + $833,333)

$71,107,500

minus Grizz and likely Gaborik($4,750,000 + $4,575,000)

$61,782,500...if EK and Duchene are tossed that's another $14 million off this figure, we would surely have to retain or take back salary to reach the EM goal of being right at the floor no?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Do you not realize who Eugene Melnyk is?

He actually made similar comments the suprise year we made the playoffs with a cheap roster.

And now having watched Las Vegas make the finals, he is probably more emboldened.

All Melnyk cares about is putting the least amount of cash in the team as possible.
If he wanted us at the cap floor. We would be at the cap floor every single year lol. We’re never at the floor. Therefore. He doesn’t want us there in practice. In theory sure yeah it would be sweet to play at the floor and win

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Thanks for the tip JD1, You are correct, my quick math has us as follows:

Real dollars:

$73,565,833

minus Phaneuf and Burrows monies ($1,625,000 + $833,333)

$71,107,500

minus Grizz and likely Gaborik($4,750,000 + $4,575,000)

$61,782,500...if EK and Duchene are tossed that's another $14 million off this figure, we would surely have to retain or take back salary to reach the EM goal of being right at the floor no?
There's no salary floor, it's a cap floor. Gaborik, MacArthur and Burrows all still count towards our cap.we can go 12+M below the cap floor in salary pretty easily with those contracts still on the books.

Also, not sure why you're subtracting Burrows and Phaneuf's salaries?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Is this figure the actual out of pocket real dollars spent on the roster or the artificial one (cap hit?)the team likes to use for public relations etc..., I know there are two figures but am unsure at this time what they are?

Real money not cap. We get back almost 4M via insurance for MacArthur.

I wouldn't expect us to be at the cap floor cap wise I'd there is truth to a Ryan+Karlsson package, but I'd expect us to be there real money wise.

Even if we get a top 4D back as the NHL player component of the deal, that's only between 2.5-5 million in salary depending on if they are an RFA.

If/when Karl is traded, it'll probably answer a lot of questions about what has been or hasn't been accurate.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If he wanted us at the cap floor. We would be at the cap floor every single year lol. We’re never at the floor. Therefore. He doesn’t want us there in practice. In theory sure yeah it would be sweet to play at the floor and win

The Melnyk wants us at the floor thing is a new rumour. The accusation is that he has recently decided this. Every informed fan knows we're we're not at the floor and that our salary budget has floated around 68M for the last few seasons. Melnyk himself has confirmed this onore than one occasion.

We'll see if/when Karl is dealt whether there is truth to this. If we force a bad trade before training camp, and Karl is bundled with Ryan, to me that says there's a good chance we were expected to slash salary lower than our previous 68M mark

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
There's no salary floor, it's a cap floor. Gaborik, MacArthur and Burrows all still count towards our cap.we can go 12+M below the cap floor in salary pretty easily with those contracts still on the books.

Also, not sure why you're subtracting Burrows and Phaneuf's salaries?

If EK and Bobby/Duchene are traded with no salary coming back i have the cap hit at just over $60 million or 2 and a bit above the cap floor, and it was because we were discussing real dollars of the actual on-ice roster as oppose to cap hit.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If EK and Bobby/Duchene are traded with no salary coming back i have the cap hit at just over $60 million or 2 and a bit above the cap floor, and it was because we were discussing real dollars of the actual on-ice roster as oppose to cap hit.
Yes but you were also discussing the cap floor which applies to the cap not the salary.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Real money not cap. We get back almost 4M via insurance for MacArthur.

I wouldn't expect us to be at the cap floor cap wise I'd there is truth to a Ryan+Karlsson package, but I'd expect us to be there real money wise.

Even if we get a top 4D back as the NHL player component of the deal, that's only between 2.5-5 million in salary depending on if they are an RFA.

If/when Karl is traded, it'll probably answer a lot of questions about what has been or hasn't been accurate.
Add in Gaborik's contract being paid by insurance as well.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Is there any time table for when Gabby will return this season?
My gut tells me he won't play this season ala Hossa and that the Sens knew this when they traded for him. Helps Eugene's wallet though, so that's great.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Melnyk wants us at the floor thing is a new rumour. The accusation is that he has recently decided this. Every informed fan knows we're we're not at the floor and that our salary budget has floated around 68M for the last few seasons. Melnyk himself has confirmed this onore than one occasion.

We'll see if/when Karl is dealt whether there is truth to this. If we force a bad trade before training camp, and Karl is bundled with Ryan, to me that says there's a good chance we were expected to slash salary lower than our previous 68M mark

New rumour?

Is this in reference to Dredger passing on rumblings from within NHL circles or was something said recently?

Cause Dredger said that at the height of "Let's all use the Sens as a punching bag!" so I don't put much stock into that tweet.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Yes but you were also discussing the cap floor which applies to the cap not the salary.

Indeed got them mixed up obviously, regardless the goal was to determine how much out of pocket cash actually goes into the roster...looking like the estimate is just under $62 million for on ice or $64.5 with the buyout and retention.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
New rumour?

Is this in reference to Dredger passing on rumblings from within NHL circles or was something said recently?

Cause Dredger said that at the height of "Let's all use the Sens as a punching bag!" so I don't put much stock into that tweet.
Melnyk literally said to the fanbase and media that he was looking to cut into the player salaries. Its not really a rumour its just the owner's own words.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Ryan needs to step up and deliver,we need closer to 60 from him....Along with others
We'll be lucky if he gets us half that. They can't count on Ryan for production going forward, there's no point in hoping for it. The best thing is to just pretend he doesn't exist and hope he doesn't pass on his habits to our young players.

Just have to wait out his contract. Not much else can be done.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Well Done Pierre... here is a 3 year extension
well-done-rosette-gold-58-p.png

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We'll be lucky if he gets us half that. They can't count on Ryan for production going forward, there's no point in hoping for it. The best thing is to just pretend he doesn't exist and hope he doesn't pass on his habits to our young players.

Just have to wait out his contract. Not much else can be done.
My hope for him having a decent season ,is so we can move him....But I think you are absolutely right about what really will happen

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
tanking doesn't guarantee the top pick anymore. We finished 2nd last past season, and ended with Brady ****ing Tkachuk. Ask Vancouver fan about the new lottery system...
We cry about getting hosed ,but man Van has really gotten screwed over

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
They're doing alright with Pettersson and Hughes.

With Boeser as well.

They're doing fine.

Pettersson = First line C
Hughes = #1 D
Boeser = 40+ goal threat/top line winger

Add Jack Hughes to that possibly, and good complimentary guys like Horvat, Dahlen, and Virtanen if he gets going again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->