Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Could see him joining his brother in Vegas on a cheap deal.

Interesting. Vegas have 6 D with Engelland resigned to a 1 year deal. They'd have to free up more cap and add Stone as a 5/6/7 guy or maybe even trade a guy like Nick Holden and have Stone as a replacement for that to work

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Interesting. Vegas have 6 D with Engelland resigned to a 1 year deal. They'd have to free up more cap and add Stone as a 5/6/7 guy or maybe even trade a guy like Nick Holden and have Stone as a replacement for that to work

Not necessarily.

They have $1.025 million in cap space and that's with 14 forwards. Assuming one goes to the minors (Zykov/Mackenzie) they would have $1.5+ million available for a 1 year deal for Stone to play as their 6/7 guy. He may even take a bit of a cut to play with his brother and they'd still have breathing room.

It'd be tight this season, but then they have ~$12+ million coming off the cap next season with no major re-signings to take care of.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Would Ottawa (or should I say Eugene) be willing to move Craig Anderson?

His stats the last two seasons are pretty terrible for a goalie getting paid $4.75m:
  • 2017/18: 58 GP.... 3.32 GAA.... 0.898 S%
  • 2018/19: 50 GP ... 3.51 GAA..... 0.903 S%

Ottawa's caphit is now at $65.8m, which is $5.6m above the $60.2m cap floor. As such, they can move Anderson and still be cap compliant, while of course saving Eugene $4.75m at the cost of a pick or two.

I'm asking from Colorado's perspective, as I was thinking about what bad contracts could be acquired along with some draft picks to take advantage of the excess capspace. Colorado needs a veteran No.3 to start in the AHL.

Reactions: NB613

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

His stats the last two seasons are pretty terrible for a goalie getting paid $4.75m:

Ottawa's caphit is now at $65.8m, which is $5.6m above the $60.2m cap floor. As such, they can move Anderson and still be cap compliant, while of course saving Eugene $4.75m at the cost of a pick or two.

I'm asking from Colorado's perspective, as I was thinking about what bad contracts could be acquired along with some draft picks to take advantage of the excess capspace. Colorado needs a veteran No.3 to start in the AHL.

We get it, we know our owner is a cheap SOB and that our team is breaking the spirit of the CBA. We have nothing to do with that. You dont need to come in here an mock us.

Go back to your corner and leave us alone.

Reactions: MVP Tom Pyatt

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
We get it, we know our owner is a cheap SOB and that our team is breaking the spirit of the CBA. We have nothing to do with that. You dont need to come in here an mock us.

Apologies, I didn't mean to mock. I just figured Ottawa had a young goalie they'd rather give minutes to instead of Anderson, but on second look it seems like Gustavsson hasn't been turning out as hoped.

Whatever the case, I think the future is going to be much brighter for Ottawa, starting with the deep 2020 draft which you have loads of high picks in. Hopefully by the time those young guys are ready to make the team Eugene will also have sold the team to a less frugal person.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

?

Wouldn't they be licking their chops at getting out from under that Anderson contract?

Anderson looks done as anything more than a backup imo

Reactions: Richard88

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Apologies, I didn't mean to mock. I just figured Ottawa had a young goalie they'd rather give minutes to instead of Anderson, but on second look it seems like Gustavsson hasn't been turning out as hoped.

Whatever the case, I think the future is going to be much brighter for Ottawa, starting with the deep 2020 draft which you have loads of high picks in. Hopefully by the time those young guys are ready to make the team Eugene will also have sold the team to a less frugal person.

We haven’t had Gus for a full season yet. He needs to play full time in Belleville next year, split with Hog until Andy or Nilsson is traded.

It’s waaaay to early to say anything about Gus, we’ll have an idea halfway through the season. One things is for sure, he’ll be brought along slowly, and Hog will be the next us in Ottawa.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
?

Wouldn't they be licking their chops at getting out from under that Anderson contract?

Anderson looks done as anything more than a backup imo
This is what I thought too.

I mean, yeah I get that a suggestion like the one I made would seem like mockery given that every move Ottawa makes nowadays seems to be about shedding cap. And especially coming from a Colorado fan due to 'that' trade. But any team in the league would be delighted if they could get out of a contract like Anderson's - it's just a terrible contract irrespective of Melnyk's penny-pinching.

I'm not sure who Ottawa would bring in as a starter to replace him, but it shouldn't be too hard given that he's hardly more than a backup at this stage.

In terms of value, given that they took on Callahan's contract to lose $3m in salary I'd think getting rid of Anderson's $4.75m would cost at least a 3rd, maybe 2nd. It's not a LTIR contract after all, but actual dollars and $4.75m in real capspace.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!

Yeah we’re never trading with Colorado again.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is what I thought too.

I mean, yeah I get that a suggestion like the one I made would seem like mockery given that every move Ottawa makes nowadays seems to be about shedding cap. And especially coming from a Colorado fan due to 'that' trade. But any team in the league would be delighted if they could get out of a contract like Anderson's - it's just a terrible contract irrespective of Melnyk's penny-pinching.

I'm not sure who Ottawa would bring in as a starter to replace him, but it shouldn't be too hard given that he's hardly more than a backup at this stage.

In terms of value, given that they took on Callahan's contract to lose $3m in salary I'd think getting rid of Anderson's $4.75m would cost at least a 3rd, maybe 2nd. It's not a LTIR contract after all, but actual dollars and $4.75m in real capspace.

Considering how easily teams have gotten rid of bad contracts this summer, there is no way anyone would be getting a 2nd or 3rd as a sweetner for Andy. Dude is on the last year of his contract, and could even be a positive asset for a team at the trade deadline.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Considering how easily teams have gotten rid of bad contracts this summer, there is no way anyone would be getting a 2nd or 3rd as a sweetner for Andy. Dude is on the last year of his contract, and could even be a positive asset for a team at the trade deadline.

Counterpoint

Melnyk used a third to cover Zaitsev 3.0 bonus
What’s another pick to save 4.5 this time?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Counterpoint

Melnyk used a third to cover Zaitsev 3.0 bonus
What’s another pick to save 4.5 this time?

But Andy's contract isn't that bad. We're not tying to move Lucic here. And like I said, a team wanting a bit of playoff insurance or who suddenly needs a goalie near the trade deadline would pay a positive asset (maybe a 3rd) to pick him up at the deadline. So why should we gift a pick to a team to take him now, only to have that team flip him for another pick in a few months?

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
But Andy's contract isn't that bad. We're not tying to move Lucic here. And like I said, a team wanting a bit of playoff insurance or who suddenly needs a goalie near the trade deadline would pay a positive asset (maybe a 3rd) to pick him up at the deadline. So why should we gift a pick to a team to take him now, only to have that team flip him for another pick in a few months?

Because it saves Melnyk 4.5 million dollars
You forget the only goal of this version of the club is to maximize Melnyks wallet

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Because it saves Melnyk 4.5 million dollars
You forget the only goal of this version of the club is to maximize Melnyks wallet

Sooner or later they need to make a hockey trade...if they want to keep any fans at all.

Besides, if we trade Andy over the summer, we'll have to be taking a contract back, so the savings won't be quite that high. Plus, one of our AHLers will be promoted to making NHL money, as well. So....make the savings closer to 2 million or so?

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Sooner or later they need to make a hockey trade...if they want to keep any fans at all.

Besides, if we trade Andy over the summer, we'll have to be taking a contract back, so the savings won't be quite that high. Plus, one of our AHLers will be promoted to making NHL money, as well. So....make the savings closer to 2 million or so?

2.0... so then it probably costs the Sens a 4th

Anderson + 4th
For
7th

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I’m hoping Anderson plus a Guy like Tierney at the deadline could bring back a 1st. Team that needs s tender for a better chance. Tierney is not a horrible piece as well. Low 1st but it’s a good draft. If team likes Anderson they can offer him something. Or just walk away. Tierney would be the bonus.
And no picks or top 20 prospects added from Dorion. Answer is no to those who ask.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Colin White has been this clubs only meaningful negotiation the past month now.... only have committed 45 in actual salary

How is this a problem?

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Do goalies ever get traded at the deadline? I don't remember the last time this happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->