Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Continue here.

Last posts:

And Daigle went first overall, played in the NHL his D+2 and D2 and was still nothing compared to Alfredsson, who did none of those things.
Daigle’s D+1 season was pretty good - he had 2o goals and 51 pts as a 18-19 year old. People expected 40+ goals from him. I’ve always wondered how his development may have gone had that been viewed As excellent season vs a terrible season.

Anyway, my point is Patrick has been playing in the NHL while most of our prospects have been struggling with injuries, playing in minors etc. I bet Patrick at D+3 this season outscores Brown, Batherson, Brannstrom, and White. He and White May he close but I’d prefer Patrick and Brown at Center than Brown/White. Moving Branstrom would also open up the idea of drafting an offensive D with our 19th if one slips instead of forcing the Seider type.

I don’t see why Philly would make any of these deals anyway.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
If they are going to trade him, they would use him to get an established player. Someone from a team that wont be competing. We don't have players that they are looking for. If they traded with us, it would be for Anderson, someone that can split with Hart and offer him some guidance. There is no way they trade Patrick for Anderson.

My guess, Anthony Mantha and the 6th overall for Patrick and the 11th overall.

Philly gets a scoring winger that can play LW or RW. They move up a couple spots and can grab a better prospect or flip the pick for a RHD.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
If they are going to trade him, they would use him to get an established player. Someone from a team that wont be competing. We don't have players that they are looking for. If they traded with us, it would be for Anderson, someone that can split with Hart and offer him some guidance. There is no way they trade Patrick for Anderson.

My guess, Anthony Mantha and the 6th overall for Patrick and the 11th overall.

Philly gets a scoring winger that can play LW or RW. They move up a couple spots and can grab a better prospect or flip the pick for a RHD.

I don't like it for Detroit. They put all this time and energy into developing Mantha,w cut and run now that he's putting it together?

Maybe if Byram dropped to 6 somehow it might be more attractive.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I don't like it for Detroit. They put all this time and energy into developing Mantha,w cut and run now that he's putting it together?

Maybe if Byram dropped to 6 somehow it might be more attractive.

True. I guess I was looking at it more from the thought that Patrick is younger and will more likely peek with the other prospects that Detroit has. In a couple seasons they could run

Zadina(19)/Larkin(22)/Athanasiou(24)
Svenchnikov(22)/Patrick(20)/Rasmussen(20)

I get that Mantha is same age as Athanasiou, I just didnt see who else Philly would want from Detroit.

I suppose the trade doesnt make sense after all.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Do the Senators actually want to extend Ceci?

We've heard there is mutual interest from both sides since the end of the season, nothing has happened yet.

It would make sense to have an extension figured out before the draft. The draft would be the logical time to trade him. Post July 1st, more teams will have allocated their cap space to other pieces. Waiting too long might limit the market.

There's been no noise about Pageau either. There was an Instragram post weeks back where Chabot referred to him as "captain". Because he is in the final year of his contract, Pageau should be in the same boat as Ceci where he's expected to sign an extension or get dealt.

My gut tells me Pageau would fetch us a very good return. He's one of the best match up guys in the league. He competes and steps up in big games. An extension should cost us in the 4.XX x 4 range. If we are going to spend "close to" the cap, I can't see a reason not to ink Pageau as a key piece in our FYOTUS run.

On a side note, that Kawhi Leonard trade must give Dorion PTSD. Judging by statements by Pierre McGuire about how "one team" thought acquiring Duchene would turn them into a contender, the trades seem very similar in nature. Both teams moved on from a fan favorite they didn't think they could win with to acquire a bigger star. After both trades, one team is on fire while the other one team is a tire fire. I'll leave it up to you to guess which one is which.

Reactions: Clayonator

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
With only a couple of weeks left before soon to be ufas can start talking to other teams, Duchene would be out of his mind to re-sign with the Jackets now. He is going to hit free agency to see what he can get.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I don't disagree but a lot of us we were worried about Ryan leaving as a UFA and he ended up staying.

It was a long shot (hence why Dorion bet on it) but there was a chance!
Ryan re-signed like 10 months before he was a UFA though. We have some reputable insiders already claiming that Duchene would like to go to Nashville.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Duchene can still talk to teams and turn around and re-sign with CBJ on June 30th.

My hope is that with everybody leaving, they offer him a ridiculous contract that he just can't refuse. 8 years, 10.5 million. That would take 12 million on a 7 year term for a other team to match the total money.

Not saying it's likely to happen, but Columbus being in the situation they are in with loads of cap space and 2 other stars leaving gives me a bit of hope that they will feel the pressure and do whatever it takes to keep Duchene.

Reactions: Skid and Cosmix

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I don't disagree but a lot of us we were worried about Ryan leaving as a UFA and he ended up staying.

It was a long shot (hence why Dorion bet on it) but there was a chance!

I don't even know if Dorion made the Duchene trade expecting him to stay.

I think he thought we had to win now due to Karlsson's contract, that there was no way we would miss the playoffs, and because Turris was a sunk cost for a playoff team who wasn't going to deal their 1C at the deadline, he would be in a position to recoup his coat of playoff 1st+Bowers+3rd (or close to it) at the next trade deadline.

Something is fishy with how we've made no long term commitments since Ryan in 2013.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I can see Duchene turning down a bigger to play somewhere where he really wants to like Nashville. That's just the vibe I get from him.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I can see Duchene turning down a bigger to play somewhere where he really wants to like Nashville. That's just the vibe I get from him.
He was on Spittin Chiclets this past Friday speaking pretty candidly. He stated that city and environment for his family and competitiveness of the team was the first priority, and country music was the last thing. It's a "hockey" decision according to him.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
I don't even know if Dorion made the Duchene trade expecting him to stay.

I think he thought we had to win now due to Karlsson's contract, that there was no way we would miss the playoffs, and because Turris was a sunk cost for a playoff team who wasn't going to deal their 1C at the deadline, he would be in a position to recoup his coat of playoff 1st+Bowers+3rd (or close to it) at the next trade deadline.

Something is fishy with how we've made no long term commitments since Ryan in 2013.
A lot of contracts will be signed this summer. Don't read into so few movements yet.

Pageau likely resigned and Tienery traded at the draft is very likely. I'm guessing we take on an aging vet (Van/Anaheim) for a 2nd rounder. Another 2nd would be sweet; I also think we don't move up from 19. There are solid dudes there (Suzuki, Lavoie, Tomasino). Happy with any of those 3.

Reactions: OgieO

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
A lot of contracts will be signed this summer. Don't read into so few movements yet.

Pageau likely resigned and Tienery traded at the draft is very likely. I'm guessing we take on an aging vet (Van/Anaheim) for a 2nd rounder. Another 2nd would be sweet; I also think we don't move up from 19. There are solid dudes there (Suzuki, Lavoie, Tomasino). Happy with any of those 3.
I think we all want to see this, but we're going on like 5 years of history of barely signing anyone beyond role players.

It's time for some action and maybe there will be some belief.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We're taking a run at signing sought-after RFA Thomas Chabot, don't you worry.
Lol, no kidding.

I think it's fair to say that any long term contract in Ottawa being signed is at the, "I'll believe it when I see it" stage.

That doesn't mean it definitely won't happen, but assuming it would be lunacy.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Should be interesting to see if they really go for it or keep kicking the can down the road with bridge deals that burn them later.
I mean Karlsson was what 6? 8 years? Hoffman was? 6? Stone was...? We actually have a history of long term contracts with players from ELC. Just saying, stop worrying. So what if we trade them in their prime (jaded bitter laugh).

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I mean Karlsson was what 6? 8 years? Hoffman was? 6? Stone was...? We actually have a history of long term contracts with players from ELC. Just saying, stop worrying. So what if we trade them in their prime (jaded bitter laugh).
Hoffman was 4. Stone was a 3 year bridge deal.

Karlsson’s extension was 7 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad