News Article: Trade Rumors: Elliotte Friedman Speculates on Potential Athanasiou Trade With Hurricanes

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
There is more to hockey than 'give it to AA and hope for the best'. And his desire is definitely in question. He spends whole games just giving up on plays. In general his biggest problem is his desire on the ice.

IMO you're reaching with some of the over-analysis of AA. "He's insolent, half-hearted, gives up on plays...". Unless you have some inside connection to his sports psychologist then it comes off as mere projection. Everything I've seen is the young guy trying...may be too hard. He needs to slow it down a notch like someone noted Larkin is doing more of.

AA just isn't as great as we fantasize and it's not the end of the world. He wins battles and loses some. Lately he's handling the puck like a hand grenade and making poor passes, but all it takes is one good shift and he can surprise with a goal or a great pass. Whatever his point totals will earn him a fair contract or a piece to trade if the Wings choose. For now I'm not sure why people want to harp so heavily on him..

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
IMO you're reaching with some of the over-analysis of AA. "He's insolent, half-hearted, gives up on plays...". Unless you have some inside connection to his sports psychologist then it comes off as mere projection. Everything I've seen is the young guy trying...may be too hard. He needs to slow it down a notch like someone noted Larkin is doing more of.

AA just isn't as great as we fantasize and it's not the end of the world. He wins battles and loses some. Lately he's handling the puck like a hand grenade and making poor passes, but all it takes is one good shift and he can surprise with a goal or a great pass. Whatever his point totals will earn him a fair contract or a piece to trade if the Wings choose. For now I'm not sure why people want to harp so heavily on him..

Watch him back check, that is a great way to know he's halfhearted. Gives up on plays? We've all seen that. Insolent is for his attitude from the CHL until the contract negotiations. Each has a public record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad