News Article: Trade Rumors: Elliotte Friedman Speculates on Potential Athanasiou Trade With Hurricanes

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
this trade wouldn't have happened anyway i guess. Now, with faulk heating up and AA going cold, i can't see a 1 for 1 trade in any universe

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
6G and 9A in his last 24 games now.

At this point Chiarelli is probably already on the phone offering Draisaitl.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013

With the latest Blabhill tirade against AA it’s really time to let honor his request to be traded. He was a +1 last night when he got benched. They stuck him on that 4th line BS at center and jerked him around all season. I can’t wait for Blabhill and Kenny Good Old Boy to move on. Kenny’s bad contracts are the laughingstock of the nhl.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
With the latest Blabhill tirade against AA it’s really time to let honor his request to be traded. He was a +1 last night when he got benched. They stuck him on that 4th line BS at center and jerked him around all season. I can’t wait for Blabhill and Kenny Good Old Boy to move on. Kenny’s bad contracts are the laughingstock of the nhl.

AA never requested a trade.

AA was a joke last night, if he wants to play more minutes he needs to play like he did mid December thru January

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
this trade wouldn't have happened anyway i guess. Now, with faulk heating up and AA going cold, i can't see a 1 for 1 trade in any universe

I don't understand why some people here didn't want to make this trade when Faulk was slumping. Now that he's heated up, no way AA will get this trade done. It's now going to need to involve Larkin. And that might be something to consider for a player of Faulk's caliber.

I said it before, if Wings landed both Faulk and Dahlin they suddenly go from the bottom of a rebuilding team to peak of an upswing of a rebuild.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Hi guys, not a blockbuster by any means, but if we can sell of Benn. Schlemko for low picks, are you guys interested in :

:habs
Xavier Ouellet

:wings
Michael McCarron

Let both guys play for their hometown team and see where it goes.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys, not a blockbuster by any means, but if we can sell of Benn. Schlemko for low picks, are you guys interested in :

:habs
Xavier Ouellet

:wings
Michael McCarron

Let both guys play for their hometown team and see where it goes.

That's not why the Wings wanna trade Ouellet. Ask your captain why.....

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
That's not why the Wings wanna trade Ouellet. Ask your captain why.....
This WOULD be very disturbing, IF it were substantiated. But given the reputation of Jeff Moss, I'm taking this allegation with a very large grain of salt, until proven otherwise.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Stay classy Detroit. Pretty sure this is true. SHAME on Hank....

Henrik Zetterberg Says No To a Mothers‘ Trip While Teammate’s Mother Is Dying – Detroit Sports Rag

I wish you would unlink this URL so they don't get any "link juice" as it is not a credible source... just a nobody trying to get some adsense clicks. Very disgusting..

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Wow... After reading a few ummm "pieces of journalism" on that DSR site, it seems like a hot steaming pile of dung...

And the Mom trip thing seems like a fake controversy cooked up by a whiner who's mad that Holland isn't completely tearing the team down Buffalo Sabres style...

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
This sounds like pure trash. National Enquirer level journalism.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
You actually think a local spoon fed " journalist " would report that in the paper and do real reporting? Never gonna happen. Freep. News. Officer Barbrady's. Nothing to see or report here move along. If it is true ( and it is) what would you think of your Captain?

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
This WOULD be very disturbing, IF it were substantiated. But given the reputation of Jeff Moss, I'm taking this allegation with a very large grain of salt, until proven otherwise.

Who's broken more stories in Detroit than Jeff Moss? Maybe the national media, but the local media is a joke. Granted Moss can go overboard but he's factual. I understand you only wanna hear how great everything is. Sorry to bother you.....

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Who's broken more stories in Detroit than Jeff Moss? Maybe the national media, but the local media is a joke. Granted Moss can go overboard but he's factual. I understand you only wanna hear how great everything is. Sorry to bother you.....
Your join date is 35 days ago, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and guess that you're relatively new to this board, and didn't have any background information or context on me, prior to these assumptions.

I'm actually one of the more critical posters here, being thoroughly dissatisfied with most of the moves this franchise has made over the last 5+ years, and I want major changes from top to bottom.

But that doesn't mean I believe everything that gets printed on the Internet, either. Moss is one part blogger, one part shock jock, with very little accountability, and even less concern with accountability.

So if it turns out that this story is true, I would be thoroughly disappointed by it. But it's going to take more than Jeff 'Cry Wolf' Moss to make me believe it, no matter how much I dislike the way the Wings are being run these days.

But since this is supposed to be a thread about trade speculation between Detroit and Carolina, if you have anything else to add on another topic, either PM me or start another thread.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
At the end of the article Friedman mentions he heard Wings trying to move this defense man. That's why i posted. Sorry to interrupt. You can PM me if you like. This involves your team, not mine. By all means continue on the BIG Ken Holland trade talk. We know how often those happen. For the record AA is a helluva player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->