Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread: Are we looking at adding a winger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
The trade that makes sense is Nurse for an older (mid 20s) 2nd pair RHD. Who that is - I don't know - maybe Myers in WPG? They have 3 quality RHD in Buff, Myers and Trouba and not much on the left side with Enstrom getting older and Kulikov no great shakes. But a 2RHD is all that I think we really need to make a serious run which is in large part the reason CGY paid so heavily for Hamonic when losing more picks was not at all in their longterm interest. So Nurse for ?

Reactions: Aerchon

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Looks like Pouliot is headed in the Brandon Gormley direction. Might be a nice pick up for the Nucks, super low risk for them.
The odd thing for me is PIT hasn't really been stacked at d for years, but for some reason Pouilot's name has been out there for a couple of years.

Still young and could turn out though

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Cant make fun of the Flames signing Glass yet as Chiarelli could still sign Kelly

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
The odd thing for me is PIT hasn't really been stacked at d for years, but for some reason Pouilot's name has been out there for a couple of years.

Still young and could turn out though

Doubt it. He doesn't read the game well enough. He wasn't even that good in junior. He just put up a lot of points.

Cant make fun of the Flames signing Glass yet as Chiarelli could still sign Kelly

Why? I take Kelly over Glass 10 times out of 10. If you're signing Kelly to be a versatile 13th forward, I don't see what the issue is

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I think they only sign Kelly to be that 13th guy?

Maybe he is seeing if he can get on elsewhere in a more regular role prior to signing here?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
True because those two are completely comparable.

Comparable because neither are NHLers. Both could actually contend for worst forward in the NHL if both made it. Here is Kellys effects on his teammates last year, this is one of the ugliest things ive seen in a while. I was ok with bringing Kelly in for a PTO so Chiarelli could slap him on the back one more time for olds sake before Kelly sets off into the sunset. But the fact we are sitting here one day before the season starts and Kelly is still here is scary. Worst is, weve seen Kelly in preseason games and hes not good. Well he hasnt been atrocious, this is a vet playing for his NHL career and hes been below average, it will only get worse for here on out

DLPJG2aVAAAzWvZ.jpg

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
Comparable because neither are NHLers. Both could actually contend for worst forward in the NHL if both made it. Here is Kellys effects on his teammates last year, this is one of the ugliest things ive seen in a while. I was ok with bringing Kelly in for a PTO so Chiarelli could slap him on the back one more time for olds sake before Kelly sets off into the sunset. But the fact we are sitting here one day before the season starts and Kelly is still here is scary. Worst is, weve seen Kelly in preseason games and hes not good. Well he hasnt been atrocious, this is a vet playing for his NHL career and hes been below average, it will only get worse for here on out

DLPJG2aVAAAzWvZ.jpg

Good god that's awful :(

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
If Winnik isn't getting signed, I'd prefer him to Kelly without the slightest bit of hesitation, they provide many of the same elements Winnik is just better all around.

Assuming all unsigned guys at this point are coming for dirt cheap on 1 year deals my order of preference would be: 1. Gionta, 2. Franson, 3. Winnik. I'd pass on everyone else including Iginla and Kelly, those 3 guys above are the only people I see unsigned that I believe could actually help our team and add an element we are lacking in.

Reactions: nexttothemoon

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
If Winnik isn't getting signed, I'd prefer him to Kelly without the slightest bit of hesitation, they provide many of the same elements Winnik is just better all around.

Assuming all unsigned guys at this point are coming for dirt cheap on 1 year deals my order of preference would be: 1. Gionta, 2. Franson, 3. Winnik. I'd pass on everyone else including Iginla and Kelly, those 3 guys above are the only people I see unsigned that I believe could actually help our team and add an element we are lacking in.
Gionta is the guy I would approach if the team comes out of the gate slowly. He seems to have turned his focus to the Olympic team to rebuild his worth. I think he has a skill set that would match up well with the Oilers.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Other than those players mentioned above, the only other name that I think might be useful as an addition is Hudler. He can play all 3 forward positions... had 46 pts 2 years ago and 76 pts 3 years ago. At 33 years old it's not impossible that he could put up 25-30 pts in a bottom 6 role and would be a useful depth addition.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Gionta is the guy I would approach if the team comes out of the gate slowly. He seems to have turned his focus to the Olympic team to rebuild his worth. I think he has a skill set that would match up well with the Oilers.

I think I read somewhere that Gionta has no desire to leave out East. Even to the point he was looking at AHL deals only.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think I read somewhere that Gionta has no desire to leave out East. Even to the point he was looking at AHL deals only.
I think the only reason he's looking at AHL deals only is that's his way into the Olympics. With that being said if Olympics were off the table I don't think he'd come out West anyway.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I don't think Gionta would leave the East either. But I also did not think Jagr would sign with the Flames. It may be a slim chance but it could be worth the dime for the phone call if they do think they need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->