Trade Rumor Thread

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
I see that CBJ protected Murray. :( I was hoping he would be available. Because of that, the "prospect" better be a good one. Hopefully, one that will grow with the Knights over time.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I see that CBJ protected Murray. :( I was hoping he would be available. Because of that, the "prospect" better be a good one. Hopefully, one that will grow with the Knights over time.

CBJ has some impressive forward prospects.

I would rank them (on my limited knowledge)

Milano
Bjorkstrand

Kolesar
Abramov
Bittner

I would be enthralled with one of the top two plus a 1st.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I see VGK taking Anderson (hopefully) from Columbus.

The rumor is that CBJ have already traded their 1st (24th) + prospect (Not Milano or PLD) in exchange for Vegas not taking Johnson, Anderson, or Korpisalo. Making vegas's selection of Calvert or Karlsson very likely.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
What would the Flyers have to add to #44 overall to get Mrazek or Grubauer?

I think Mrazek will be taken and flipped. The guy takes a lot of flak from fans for last year's performance and reported attitude but I didn't like the team around him this season and if you put in tape of two seasons ago he was absolutely lights out. So I think he's still a potential top goalie not to mention he's only 25. Of all the names on the expansion list he is a top 3 in terms of flip-able assets.

What it would cost for him comes down to competition, how many teams are interested. I imagine there are some playoff teams that would be upgraded between the pipes by adding him, so I'd guess we'll see a few teams in total interested.

Another guy who will draw big interest is Dumba. Same deal there, but there should be more teams interested and I suspect McPhee will get a good return on him. I'd say both those guys will be taken and flipped.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Anaheim could just buyout Bieska & trade Vatanen then be able to protect Manson & leave Vegas with nothing good to pick.

Cogliano could be flipped at the trade deadline for picks or prospects.
They aren't going to give Vegas Manson or Vatanen for free.

Of all the fans leading up to this expac draft I gotta say the Ducks fans are the most "fanboi" with unrealistic and one-sided expectations. Can't wait to see your latest spin in all this...

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Of all the fans leading up to this expac draft I gotta say the Ducks fans are the most "fanboi" with unrealistic and one-sided expectations. Can't wait to see your latest spin in all this...

to be fair they have a lot of quality players exposed.
Vegas GM should be cashing on them hard .. A 1st just to not take Manson and a lot more to not take Manson or Vatanen.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think Mrazek will be taken and flipped. The guy takes a lot of flak from fans for last year's performance and reported attitude but I didn't like the team around him this season and if you put in tape of two seasons ago he was absolutely lights out. So I think he's still a potential top goalie not to mention he's only 25. Of all the names on the expansion list he is a top 3 in terms of flip-able assets.

What it would cost for him comes down to competition, how many teams are interested. I imagine there are some playoff teams that would be upgraded between the pipes by adding him, so I'd guess we'll see a few teams in total interested.

Another guy who will draw big interest is Dumba. Same deal there, but there should be more teams interested and I suspect McPhee will get a good return on him. I'd say both those guys will be taken and flipped.

Dumba is super flippable, but at the same time (and this is as a fan of a team that would love to grab him), he's one of those assets I think you should keep. He's got a pretty rare skillset, is young, and is exciting to watch.

I know the talk is Grubauer, but I think you all could get a good chunk for Nate Schmidt from Washington instead. He's going to be a solid #4 puckmover.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

would be amazing if they could land one of Katchouk or Raddysh. Or Stephens. Or Joseph.

Last edited:

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
I understand that trade talks are getting old, and Vegas will pick in just over 24 hours. However, I realize that Vegas basically controls their own destiny now. If they pick smart, without worrying about peoples feelings... They could be good off the hop. If they are good off the hop, they may struggle more in the future (3-4 years). If they acquire picks over players, they could be dangerous in maybe 3-5 years.

What if theres a way to do both?

This is nothing more than to inject a new angle into the draft just for fun however, I wondered why teams like the Leafs seem to "when in doubt, grab picks" obviously you build through the draft but what if management picks excess of picks for a day like tomorrow.

Vegas needs an NHL team, but what about an AHL team too? What if leafs sent over a mini squad of players for a player like Manson or Dumba. Would McPhee turn down a quality offer from Ducks or Wild, only to accept a quantity offer from Leafs -
say a d they recently picked up, bracco, korskov, brooks, and future considerations

I think there are so many elements and angles McPhee could choose from to build his team, which makes tomorrow very exciting

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Leafs rumors on the radio seem to indicate it's about Dumba as well. Which makes sense.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
I understand that trade talks are getting old, and Vegas will pick in just over 24 hours. However, I realize that Vegas basically controls their own destiny now. If they pick smart, without worrying about peoples feelings... They could be good off the hop. If they are good off the hop, they may struggle more in the future (3-4 years). If they acquire picks over players, they could be dangerous in maybe 3-5 years.

What if theres a way to do both?

This is nothing more than to inject a new angle into the draft just for fun however, I wondered why teams like the Leafs seem to "when in doubt, grab picks" obviously you build through the draft but what if management picks excess of picks for a day like tomorrow.

Vegas needs an NHL team, but what about an AHL team too? What if leafs sent over a mini squad of players for a player like Manson or Dumba. Would McPhee turn down a quality offer from Ducks or Wild, only to accept a quantity offer from Leafs -
say a d they recently picked up, bracco, korskov, brooks, and future considerations

I think there are so many elements and angles McPhee could choose from to build his team, which makes tomorrow very exciting

First of all, I don't think Manson or Dumba even make it to us - ANA/MIN will make their own protection deals and we'll move on from that.

As far as acquiring a quantity of prospects, just remember that we're sharing an AHL team with St. Louis, so we don't need THAT many players to send down this first year. 2018-19 is a different story.

That said, I'd still be down for a trade that gets us a couple of Toronto prospects (Soshnikov, Timashov, Johnsson for example) in exchange for taking on the Lupul contract.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
First of all, I don't think Manson or Dumba even make it to us - ANA/MIN will make their own protection deals and we'll move on from that.

As far as acquiring a quantity of prospects, just remember that we're sharing an AHL team with St. Louis, so we don't need THAT many players to send down this first year. 2018-19 is a different story.

That said, I'd still be down for a trade that gets us a couple of Toronto prospects (Soshnikov, Timashov, Johnsson for example) in exchange for taking on the Lupul contract.

Oh ok. I didn't know it was being shared with St. Louis, maybe I should read lol. I totally forgot about Lupul. Ya maybe they will do something like that. Leafs are among the teams most in need of Dumba. Hard for me to stay up to watch teams on the West Coast, but I think Im going to have to start :)

Do you think NHL will have a lot of Vegas games aired, or should I think about NHL centreice

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
I kinda wanted us to keep Dumba he seems like a solid young piece that could be apart of the core long-term

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I kinda wanted us to keep Dumba he seems like a solid young piece that could be apart of the core long-term

With Dumba you gotta consider how long he's controlled cost. His best value to Vegas is in trade, because McPhee will get more for him from an interested team.

McPhee recent quote:

"We're going to have to move some defensemen because we're going to claim a bunch."

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
With Dumba you gotta consider how long he's controlled cost. His best value to Vegas is in trade, because McPhee will get more for him from an interested team.

McPhee recent quote:

"We're going to have to move some defensemen because we're going to claim a bunch."

Makes sense I am excited to see the roster tomorrow night

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
And for the record I'm not going to be upset if they keep Dumba. He and Methot would be a disgustingly good pairing for an expac team.

This is gonna be fun!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->