LeBrun: Trade proposals that make sense

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah I see what you are saying but orielly was off season Handel deadline

Yes and ROR had term too. Point is, cherry picked bench mark previous trades are just past examples and you never know how much a player is targeted. At trade deadlines, supply and demand is a huge factor

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just won't be the blues. Getting tarasenko and Blais back is way better than getting krider

Totally understandable. Doubt any team trades both a Grade A and 1st for a rental though. Possible but I'm personally doubtful that happens. Kreider is good but not that good.

Didn't Kreider get kneed in the head this past weekend? What's the update? He was on the ice pregame last night but didn't play right? Looks like he is day to day

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I remember people saying the same about Hossa before he went to Chicago.

People love to say players are more valuable to their current team than others and I think it's a bad take. A team like Boston or Pittsburgh are much more dangerous with Kreider.
I see your point....but you also want a good mix of vets and youth.....you guys are almost there and he is almost as fast as McDavid hard to replace....but it has burned Rangers in past so I get your view.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
If Kreider's value is Kyrou + 1st then i'm all in for MTL to sell Tatar and Petry since they would be the 2 best player on the market and that value is awesome.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I dont know that much about bellows, but Ottawa doesn't need the caliber of prospect his stats suggest, unless there's more to him than meets the eye.

Need a better prospect than that.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
1) That's a lot of value for #20. Can't deny that. I still think the Rangers should keep Kreider. Especially with some chatter he will do the hometown discount to stay. His chemistry with Zbad. His speed. His Size. All huge factors here. NYR have tradable players then can stay under cap. In a year from now, put Kakko up on the RW.

I agree w/an asterisk*.

For over a year+ I have been pushing about the need to lose excess vets, even if at loss of highest possible return [or in some cases, paying to move a guy], and benefit instead from both more mins to our emerging core and increased cap flexibility.

It has taken a long time -- Namest. not moved til early in this season, e.g. --- and we still have to have reality check.

Maybe I do Strome at 4 x 4 max, but still wanna get rental return from him first. If he walks, I can live with that.

We need to stop demanding highest possible return, squeeze every nickel on Skjei return. Ballpark market, with no retention, is fine. If we eat .75 - 1.25 per yr for next 4 after this season, then I want a friggin significant add. But that is just pushing the env., Brady is fully moveable if we are not greedy.

Kreider, I agree with you, that is a lot on the table.
Whether or not it is the best offer remains to be seen, but that fits the formula of a late 1st and an acceptable add.

I want CK to return and I have said I'd ask him to work with us and go a shade below 7 per to 6.2 and work with NY on only 5 yrs max not 7 or 8. Known for being a smart guy, I think he gets the bigger picture, reads between the lines, and is an adult about letting us pimp his ass out for half a season.

We offer a comfortable return for the reasons you identify above, and while he would obviously be free to do what he wants as ufa, he gets to come back to known NY commodity with benefits of being a fit on a team on the upswing, further enhanced by the swag on his rental.

So I say have the talk with Chris.
Tell him, it goes without saying, but the door will be open as indicated after this season.
GMJG don't be an idiot and attempt to play hardball with him above and beyond the limit of concessions I've indicated, just go there and get it done as to a return deal.

And CK, remember, this is the Rangers. Do this and you earn a major chit when your playing days are done. Coach, scout, consultant, other --- you can write your own ticket.

So with that, yeah, bend over backwards to keep Kreider --- but first, with his tacit blessing --- get some swag.

This is a price we have to continue to pay b'c we listened too many times to the win now crowd.

anyhoo, LH
good sharing w/ya

bern

Reactions: Lion Hound

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad