Proposal: Trade Proposal Wpg and Chi

Ripper

Sep 19, 2006
This is a message to Chevy to get on the phone and make this happen with his old friends in Chicago.

To Winnipeg: Pat Kane (4 mil retained), Duncan Keith (1 mil retained) 2nd in 2021 and a 3rd round pick in 2022
To Chicago: Patrik Laine, Jack Roslovic, Sam Niku, 1st and 2nd rounders in 2021

Laine has 3 years of control and so does Kane
Keith has 3 years left on his contract
  1. With Little on LTIR this deal would fit the Jets cap and possibly make them the top team in the West. Chicago gets the full rebuild underway with Laine, 1st round pick and 2 highish end prospects.

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Don't see it for Chicago. Kane and Keith won't likely waive anyway.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Toews for Stastny and Roslovic. Chicago retains 50 percent. I do that. Chicago are gonna rebuild.. Toews would be a better 2 Center with laine.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I like how I was immediately expecting Toews in the OP and he wasn't there.

Whaaa-George-Clooney.gif

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
This is a message to Chevy to get on the phone and make this happen with his old friends in Chicago.

To Winnipeg: Pat Kane (4 mil retained), Duncan Keith (1 mil retained) 2nd and 3rd rounds picks in 2021

Keith has 4 years left on his contract
  1. With Little on LTIR this deal would fit the Jets cap and possibly make them the top team in the West. Chicago gets the full rebuild underway with Laine, 1st round pick and 2 highish end prospects.
I don’t see why the Jets want to get that old with a single move. If we had a chance of winning cup, maybe with leaning towards no. If we trade Laine hopefully it’s for other young players.

Reactions: BlakeScheifehlaine

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
So we trade a 1st, good d-prospect, young middle-6 winger, and our most promising young player in exchange for 3 years of Kane and a hundred-year-old Keith?
It's not terrible because Kane is awesome, but as said above it's more of a "win the Cup this year" kind of move.
Also I'm pretty sure Keith only has 3 years left (which could still potentially turn ugly).

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I love these massive trade proposals from sub 1K posters.

You should really go for it by proposing something like this:

To Chicago: Winnipeg Jets roster
To Winnipeg: Chicago Blackhawks roster +

What do you guys think the + should be? A 2nd round pick??

Ripper

Sep 19, 2006
So we trade a 1st, good d-prospect, young middle-6 winger, and our most promising young player in exchange for 3 years of Kane and a hundred-year-old Keith?
It's not terrible because Kane is awesome, but as said above it's more of a "win the Cup this year" kind of move.
Also I'm pretty sure Keith only has 3 years left (which could still potentially turn ugly).
yes you are correct- Keith has 3 years left. Kane would be a great Jet and if you "have to" trade Laine then 3 years of Kane would be worth it, gives the Jets a shot at the Cup for the next 3 years

Ripper

Sep 19, 2006
I think you replace Kane with Toews and this makes a lot more sense for both clubs.
Well, Toews and Keith are both Winnipegers so there is that, but Centre seems to be set with Schiefle Stasny next season, Lowry and Perfetti coming soon. If Laine goes then the Jets are a bit weak at RW after Wheeler. So that's why I like Kane over Toews for the Jets.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I love these massive trade proposals from sub 1K posters.

You should really go for it by proposing something like this:

To Chicago: Winnipeg Jets roster
To Winnipeg: Chicago Blackhawks roster +

What do you guys think the + should be? A 2nd round pick??
I love these post from 1k+ posters, they really think their opinion has more value because they post more.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

To Winnipeg: Pat Kane (4 mil retained), Duncan Keith (1 mil retained) 2nd in 2021 and a 3rd round pick in 2022

Keith has 3 years left on his contract
That is really dreadful for the Jets. Kane is the best player in the deal but an easy no.

Ripper

Sep 19, 2006
I love these post from 1k+ posters, they really think their opinion has more value because they post more.
well said, I thought it was a little troll job myself. Not that the picture gives anything away...lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad