Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sanheim put up almost a point per game in the AHL last year, i doubt the Flyers are ready to let him go.

But as i said many times lately, there's a trade to be made. Not saying it's Scherbak and it could also be guys like DLR, Hudon, Benn, Schlemko and even Lehkonen, Shaw or Armia, but if Kotkaniemi makes the team, then Bergevin will have to find a trde partner soon.

Scherbak put up 30 pts in 26 games in the AHL last year. Both are very good young AHL players but bottom of the line-up type NHL players at this stage (from the same draft year). However, I just wonder what holes they have and does Scherbak fit on LW or RW? Looks like they need a 3rd line center more than anything.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Scherbak put up 30 pts in 26 games in the AHL last year. Both are very good young AHL players but bottom of the line-up type NHL players at this stage (from the same draft year). However, I just wonder what holes they have and does Scherbak fit on LW or RW? Looks like they need a 3rd line center more than anything.

No, they wouldn't gives a shit about Scherbak......with JVR, Simmonds, Giroux, Voracek and Konecny....they don't need wingers.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Would you do it? Looking across the league and who I think Price would waive his NMC for, I see the Preds as the best fit.... if we were to move Price. Subtracting Rinne ($7M) and adding Price ($9.5M) only takes away $2.5m from their current $9.6M cap space. Only major contract they need to negotiate with in several years is Josi (2 more years). Their core is set to be a cup contender for years. Do they have confidence that Saros is a #1 goalie and can they can win a cup with him?

Habs trade:
Price ($1M retained)

Preds trade:
- Rinne
- Tolvanen
- 2019 1st
- 2022 1st
- 2020 2nd

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Would you do it? Looking across the league and who I think Price would waive his NMC for, I see the Preds as the best fit.... if we were to move Price. Subtracting Rinne ($7M) and adding Price ($9.5M) only takes away $2.5m from their current $9.6M cap space. Only major contract they need to negotiate with in several years is Josi (2 more years). Their core is set to be a cup contender for years. Do they have confidence that Saros is a #1 goalie and can they can win a cup with him?

Habs trade:
Price ($1M retained)

Preds trade:
- Rinne
- Tolvanen
- 2019 1st
- 2022 1st
- 2020 2nd

HAHAHAHA
We'd be luck to even have a 1st, let alone all the rest

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018

Habs trade:
Price ($1M retained)

Preds trade:
- Rinne
- Tolvanen
- 2019 1st
- 2022 1st
- 2020 2nd
LMAO - you are out of your mind if you think we even get close to half this return for price right now.

Reactions: HBDay and Riggins

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Habs trade:
Price ($1M retained)

Preds trade:
- Rinne
- Tolvanen
- 2019 1st
- 2022 1st
- 2020 2nd

If you think Price can return that type of package you're out of your mind!!!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What lottery team is going to want to trade that pick for a player in his mid-30's? Only teams that are looking to make a Cup run would be interested in a player like that and they haven't got lottery picks to offer in trade.

Preds 1st round picks starting in 2019 are not helping them win a cup in the next 5 years with the core they have and where they will be picking in the 1st round. It just depends on what the Preds plans are in net moving forward. Price could be a great fit for that team core but that's what I think and the trolls are too focused on Price having negative value.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If you think Price can return that type of package you're out of your mind!!!

Not trading Price for cheap. He is a game changer in net for a cup contender. If Rinne was 31 and signed for years, I would of not made the offer. A top prospect, two 1st round picks, and a 2nd is a steep price to pay no doubt about that. But we are talking about 25+ 1st round picks and a late 2nd.

You guys can troll away all you want. Price is worth way more than people think. Think about what Patch is worth and got and then think about how much more in value Price is over him. I started high and for good reason

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Not trading Price for cheap. He is a game changer in net for a cup contender. If Rinne was 31 and signed for years, I would of not made the offer. A top prospect, two 1st round picks, and a 2nd is a steep price to pay no doubt about that. But we are talking about 25+ 1st round picks and a late 2nd.

You guys can troll away all you want. Price is worth way more than people think. Think about what Patch is worth and got and then think about how much more in value Price is over him. I started high and for good reason

There's no way the difference between Price and Rinne is that steep. Come on man, put yourself in the Preds' shoes. You would really give all of that up to swap Rinne for Price? Heck, I don't think ANY team would ever give that much to get ANY goalie.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There's no way the difference between Price and Rinne is that steep. Come on man, put yourself in the Preds' shoes. You would really give all of that up to swap Rinne for Price? Heck, I don't think ANY team would ever give that much to get ANY goalie.

- Price is locked up long term and salary retention is on the table to bring the AAV down to a reasonable level.
- Rinne is UFA at age 36... next year
- Price is 5 years younger vs Rinne

If I was the Preds, I would seriously consider it. Price could make a difference of a cup or no cup in the next 5 years. They have the cap space and the core is locked up for many years. Josi needs a new contract after 2 years but the space is there. What value does the 1st's (25+ range) bring to the Preds winning a cup in the next 5 years? Tolvanen is the steep price but the Habs need to get something back.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Preds 1st round picks starting in 2019 are not helping them win a cup in the next 5 years with the core they have and where they will be picking in the 1st round. It just depends on what the Preds plans are in net moving forward. Price could be a great fit for that team core but that's what I think and the trolls are too focused on Price having negative value.
Bergevin probably doesn't want to help the Preds get any closer to a Cup than they got with Subban.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Bergevin probably doesn't want to help the Preds get any closer to a Cup than they got with Subban.

I think Bergevin would drive Price there if he was able to get that type of package in return
I love Price but I just don't see a team paying that much to acquire him with the contract that he has.

Reactions: Guilliam

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I have no doubt Bergevin would ask for more than what I am asking for.... but only if Price demands a trade. I don't see Bergevin trading him like some of us would.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I think Bergevin would drive Price there if he was able to get that type of package in return
I love Price but I just don't see a team paying that much to acquire him with the contract that he has.
The return for Pacioretty was higher than anything they'll get for Price. Goalies never get you 100 cents on the dollar when you trade them. They just don't matter as much as they used to. And when you factor in the contract I just don't see a huge return coming our way.

Jul 6, 2016
The return for Pacioretty was higher than anything they'll get for Price. Goalies never get you 100 cents on the dollar when you trade them. They just don't matter as much as they used to. And when you factor in the contract I just don't see a huge return coming our way.

Price is damaged goods at this stage of his career. Many injuries over the last three seasons + mental strength, not his best asset.

That 84 M $ contract is a killer.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

MC94

May 13, 2018
HAHAHAHA
We'd be luck to even have a 1st, let alone all the rest
No offense but I really feel your underselling price here 1 bad season isnt going to define somebodys career other wise we would of got squat for pacioretty, price might make alot of money but do you really think a team like say carolina would not part a 1st for something they desperatley need let alone someone with as much talent as carey price? Your laughs should be directed at your own post obviously they wouldnt get all that but there would be far more takers on price then you would like to believe

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
If we can trade Price with no retention, we cant have millions going on the cap for 8 years to Nashville for Rinne, I doubt Poile throws Tolvainen, 2 1st and a 2nd on top of it. I would be happy with Rinne, Tolvainen and Allard, then flip Rinne retained at 50% for a pick.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Watch Mitch Marner tonight and tell me gettingan elite, small winger who's in his early 20s for a 33 year old slowing down, and often injured dman isn't a good deal.

And yes, if Weber can get us a high quality center you get the center.

I'm more concerned about getting the highest quality young assets for the future when we draft and trade our veterans than drafting and trading for need. And as I said, Timmins has consistently drafted excellent dmen. I don't see that stopping. Recently: Sergachev, Mete, and Juulsen, plus Brook, Fleury and company.

Why are you moving the goal posts. We're not talking about Marner, you said Nylander and I wouldn't trade Weber for Nylander. I've been fairly consistent on this point.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Why are you moving the goal posts. We're not talking about Marner, you said Nylander and I wouldn't trade Weber for Nylander. I've been fairly consistent on this point.

To answer your question: I thought it was obvious but, you mentioned small forwards and Marner is a small forward who had quite the impact on last night's game. We can definitely still use wingers that can have a big impact on games, even if they're small.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Why do ones think Nylander would ever be traded here, wow

It's definitely possible with the right pieces going the other way. Toronto needs defense, perhaps more than another big cap hit at forward, which is what Nylander will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->